Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: How do you deal with a horrible, manipulative, and spiteful manager?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      United VR6
      08-29-2012 02:12 PM #1
      I have worked for [___X____] institution for a number of years. My current manager is on their way to retirement and doesn't care about the job any longer. All they care about is CYOA ( covering your own ass ). They treat all the employees like children and micro manage. They are constant hipocrits about there own actions; the saying " Do as I say, not as I do" comes to mind.

I can't stand working here anymore. I feel depressed everyday I have to see that angry face.

I'm afraid to do any of these steps: http://humanresources.about.com/od/b...r-bad-boss.htm

As I can not afford to lose my job.

What do I do?!
      You'll UM | You'll Performance Leds

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Yamaha R6, 2012 Toyota Tacoma V6 4x4
      08-29-2012 02:23 PM #2
      You need to quit your job. Sorry, but there is no gracious way to deal with a terrible boss. I quit my last job because my supervisor was a dumbass.

08-31-2012 01:48 AM #3
      You have to manage your boss by managing yourself. You have to act professionally and do your best in all situations regardless of how your boss behaves. Even if he/she shows no respect for others and themselves that does not mean you do the same. You dont want to see how low things can go because given the right circumstances, many people will and you will just end of feeling worse or getting fired. However, normal human beings tend to mirror the behavior that comes to them.

In the end, you have to answer to yourself as to how you behaved while you where there. Start planning your exit strategy while keeping your chin and respect up.

Forget HR. They are useless.
      "It's not a lie if you believe it." - G. Costanza

4. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      08-31-2012 03:26 PM #4
      More people need to quit ito change the pattern of abuse in corporate America. We're too use to being afraid of getting fired or layoffs. If more people quit because the economy gets better and poor management. Companies will do more to retain their employees. It doesn't pay for a company to rehire someone, trust me. In the short run it may seems to be but in the long run it doesn't pay.

Hiring process, training, and transition costs ain't cheap and not many companies look at the numbers closely until it gets out of control. Since I have a co-worker that keeps losing workers and eventually it costed his job because the senior management feels he was ineffective with his resources.

5. Member
      08-31-2012 07:07 PM #5
      Jesus, I feel like I just read a Chilledman post.

Vehicles
      1979 16v mk1 scirocco, 1978 scirocco race car (16vt build )
      09-02-2012 05:09 PM #6
      I worked for a vwoa dealership in Florida, my manager was sleeping in cars on the backlot constantly
      Even made up a lie about his wife having brain cancer so he could leave early every day making me do 5 times as much work

I caught him huffing gas, he asked me if I wanted some I said HELL NO!

After that he had it out for me, moved cars around and threw away keys constantly and blamed them on me, he was caught in a few of these lies but I couldn't stand the BS

He had been there for 6 years or more and had the management enchanted with BS lies and a kiss ass attitude

And I quit there, I really loved the job and the dealership,
      I worked in the used lot we had plenty of oldschool rides

The man in question is a fat jackass named Chris at Sanford Vw dealership beware of him
      There used to be 3 Chris's he is the only one who hates Volkswagens and drives a jeep

Vehicles
      2013 Volt
      09-02-2012 09:55 PM #7
      I'm in this situation right now. In my current position I'm insulated from the worst of the situation, no professional risk to myself. Not completely happy, but survivable. However, my exact position may be going away, and I'd be forced into working closer with the lying, backstabbing, manipulative boss, and an a-hole drunk.

If that happens I'm going to refuse, and probably get laid off as a result.

Remember in the movie 'War Games', the punchline at the end? "The only winning move is... not to play."

Vehicles
      1979 16v mk1 scirocco, 1978 scirocco race car (16vt build )
      09-02-2012 11:05 PM #8
      Start
      Looking for another place is all I can say

If you get laid off make sure its not your fault keep a record of things said even if you have to record them

If you don't care about having to resort to staying in drama
      look on Craigslist or monster or possibly a temp agency like manpower or ranstad

I'm leaving Alabama next week I have experience in 5 states, I can tell you minimum wage and job rights are better in Oregon