Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: T4 Rear Bumper ?

1. 08-31-2012 12:12 PM #1
      Has anybody replaced the rear bumper pieces from a 93 Eurovan with the one piece bumper from a 2002 eurovan? Did you have to modify anything? Thanks!

2. 09-03-2012 05:26 PM #2
      Wrong forum. This is the classifieds section.

To answer your question however yes it can be done. I just did this to a '93 EV MV. Used one European bumper. It wasn't a bolt in mod like I thought it would be. The rear wiring is routed differently between the two and must be unclipped and rerouted lower. Also the bumper mounts are slightly taller and won't fit into the rear openings, they're slightly tapered. They *almost* fit but not quite. Your choice is to trim the mounts or the openings. I chose the openings. Also the sides each slide into a plastic bracket that screws to the body. All in all, not a hard job but did require some head scratching.

3. 09-08-2012 07:19 PM #3
      for what i need, this is the PERFECT forum. The eyes that see my post , belong to men that research, repair, and install parts themselves. not a bunch of sewing circle girls that think they know what they are talking about. by the way, people in the United States of America refer to canadians as mexicans with sweaters!

4. 09-08-2012 07:53 PM #4
      HA! i'm joking. thanks for the advice. i think i found something that will work.