Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New car and ppl who must damage your property...

Vehicles
      2013 GTI/S60R/E30 M3 (imported from Nigeria)
      09-02-2012 03:53 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      In stark contrast I have a strange affliction to protect all vehicles in parking lots.

I came out of a large grocery store a while back and noticed there was a strong breeze.
      At first I just enjoyed the cooling factor, but then I heard the wheels.
      The store next to the grocery store in the strip mall used plastic weave shopping carts.

Big Lots Shopping Cart by waltarrrrr, on Flickr

Ugh! A shopping cart was headed right for my car... no it is two shopping carts!
      I grabbed them just in time and put them together at 90 degrees to the wind.
      Disaster averted!
      No wait, I hear more wheels.....
      I gaze around behind me as two dozen shopping carts around the lot begin to wiggle around.
      Then several of the shopping carts turned with the wind and started racing across the flat parking lot at other cars like a sea foam lipped wave up a wide flat beach towards a row of clean towels laid out perfectly for a days sunbathing.
      I instantly threw my stuff on my trunk and went for the closest few, then grabbed another two, then another,... and then some hit cars and I felt sad.
      More shopping carts turned with the wind and started their mad dash across the lot...
      I did manage to stop about a dozen before I finally left.
      Did I get a thank you from anybody? Nope.
      But this is why I grab errant shopping carts from the parking lot on the way in a store because a few sitting around makes others think it is ok to do the same.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA6EL0FPZHA

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

Vehicles
      2013 GTI/S60R/E30 M3 (imported from Nigeria)
      09-02-2012 03:55 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Exhaustdd View Post
      Damn it, beat me to it.

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

3. 09-02-2012 04:49 PM #38
      That's a dumb commercial.

Brand doesn't come to play in this.

It's disturbing that these ppl go out of the way to just personally F with you by damaging property you work hard to acquire. They can't just live in their own bubble. That's not the way they roll. They have to destroy and ruin everything and anyone that they choose to cross paths with.
      Last edited by Imola Yellow GTi; 09-02-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Vehicles
      B5 S4
      09-02-2012 06:36 PM #39
      this is my fear with any car ive owned (except for my first car, a 1996 ford explorer i had in 2007) . I like to keep my car clean and some people just don't understand that. this is why i'd rather daily a pos mk3 or toyota or something so i dont have to worry about stuff like that.

Vehicles
      84 Jetta Coupe, 07 Impreza
      09-02-2012 06:48 PM #40
      I bought a nearly-new, 07 Impreza with 16k mi a few weeks ago.

I drove it to church this morning. Walking back to the parking lot, I see a Toyota Land Cruiser, with a woman hanging out through the half-way open passenger door, guiding her husband as he's reversing out of the spot next to my car. I walked closer and saw they had about 6 inches of space between my car and their spaceship.

I waited for them to back out, and assessed the damage: wifey slammed the door creating one nice dent (with paint transfer), and slammed the door again and removed some of my paint in an adjacent mark.

I'm going back next Sunday with a note for the Land Cruiser.

Vehicles
      Jaggernaut & egg of robin
      09-02-2012 07:00 PM #41
      Maybe you should just stop going to church then.
      '86 Jaguar xj-s 5.3HE coupe, cobalt blue metallic/blue
      '08 Hyundai Accent SE hatch, ice blue/gray
      Bisixually disposed, lucas charged and coventry clothed

7. 09-02-2012 07:27 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by bustedbucket View Post
      Maybe you should just stop going to church then.
      Amen to that. I've lost trust in on a good number of His Almighty's children.

I do my ish as good as I can in hopes of a progressive lifestyle, respect others, and mind my own dam biz.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      '95 Five.Oh, '90 F 3-Fiddy, '90 Protege LX
      09-02-2012 09:29 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by ANSAracingb View Post
      People, in general, are dicks. Went with my girlfriend's parents to Home Depot once, in her dad's brand new F250 HD edition, and came out of the store and saw some guys park near the truck...one guy turned around and peed on the tires. WTF, piss on your OWN vehicle, or better yet, walk thirty feet inside the store and use the proper bathroom!
      (no sheetmetal damage but it is still sickening)
      Would be worth an ass kicking from my point of view. Granted, I've been guilty of pissing on someone's tires while ****housed at a party if they were being a dick but I've got to be provoked and it does just hose off. Hell, watched a couple of my friends piss down both sides of an S4 at the bar last weekend after the owner started being a douche in the bar (making threats, touching people when told not to, just in general being an f-ing creep).

I always drive beaters, usually with rattle can paint jobs so I'll park anywhere, go ahead hit it with your door, you'll care more about what happens to your car than I will my truck. Loved it when I was driving my old C10 because it took quite a few new car doors, left a mark in the dirt on my truck and would leave a ding in the lip of their door.
      Last edited by Trike Kid; 09-02-2012 at 09:35 PM.
      It may be slow, but at least it's ugly!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12