Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Aftermarket?

1. 09-01-2012 05:03 PM #1
      Have been considering upgrading the HU on my 2008 Base 2.0T 6MT Passat. The HU in there now is basically just an AM/FM radio with a single CD player. It has a factory external hookup for an iPod in the glove box.

I was looking at the Kenwood DNX6190HD. Any idea what I need in order to get this to work? I do have Vag-Com. I just don't have any idea what else is needed and a search here for that model number HU didn't turn up anything. I'd really like to have BT for making calls and playing music from my phone (Driod Razr Maxx). Would also like to retain the iPod connectivity but would like to have full iPod control, if possible. Navi is a plus. Thanks for any replies.

Vehicles
      2004.5 VW GLi 1.8T
      09-02-2012 07:17 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Sandman333 View Post
      Have been considering upgrading the HU on my 2008 Base 2.0T 6MT Passat. The HU in there now is basically just an AM/FM radio with a single CD player. It has a factory external hookup for an iPod in the glove box.

I was looking at the Kenwood DNX6190HD. Any idea what I need in order to get this to work? I do have Vag-Com. I just don't have any idea what else is needed and a search here for that model number HU didn't turn up anything. I'd really like to have BT for making calls and playing music from my phone (Driod Razr Maxx). Would also like to retain the iPod connectivity but would like to have full iPod control, if possible. Navi is a plus. Thanks for any replies.
      You don't need VAG-Com to install a radio.

You'll need:

XSVI-9003-NAV
      40-EU55
      ASWC (if you have steering wheel controls and wish to retain it).
      Appropriate iPod cable for the Kenwood (forgot the model number off the top of my head).
      12v Installation Services: Audio, Alarms/Remote Starts, OEM Integration, etc.
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      Pioneer, Kenwood, Hertz, Audison, Rockford Fosgate