A new event on our calendar is the ONTO Fall Rally, the fourth in the 2012 Texas Region Rally Championship Series. Starting and ending in McKinney, we will explore the twisty back country paved roads to the North and East. If you liked “Clear Blue Sky,” you will love “ONTO Fall”. There will be a few course following problems to keep you on your toes and some fun clues for the questions you will answer along the way.
• Rally Day: Saturday, September 29
• Starting Place: Spring Creek Barbeque, 1993 North Central Expressway (NW corner with Highway 380) McKinney, TX 75070
• Registration/Check-In: 8:30 – 9:15 am on Rally Day
• Safety Briefing: 9:20 am / Rally School: 9:25 – 9:50 am (we have the whole restaurant)
• Starting Time, First Car: 10:00 am plus your car number
• Finish Time, First Car: 2:00 pm, estimated
• Preregistration is at http://www.motorsportReg.com/ (Direct: www.tinyurl.com/OFR12msr )
• Awards: First Timers, Novices and General Class
If course-following is a mystery to you, we’ll explain in the General Instructions we will send you when you pre-register, and at the pre-rally school. Come and find out what all the fun is about!
We had one VW in the last rally, and 2 in the rally before that. If you can just bump that number up to 3, you can form a team to compete against Ford, BMW, and Subaru.
There are ten cars signed up for the ONTO Fall Rally on the 29th. My guess is 25 cars will run the event on fun Collin County roads. The check runs went well, and the course got kudos from the checkers.
No VWs entered yet. Why not? I used to rally a VW in the ProRally Series, I know they make good rally cars.
This is event number four out of six for the series this year. Next is the Great Pumpkin Rally to Paris, a rally known for easy course following but hard questions. Mark October 27 on your calendar. Then in December a rare Sunday rally, the Network Children's Book Run, our annual charity event. This is scheduled for the 2nd. All you Saturday workers don't have an excuse for this one.
Follow me on Twitter (@TXrally) to keep up with registration progress, and maybe a hint or two to help you out on rally day.