Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Another Metroplex road rally!

1. 09-02-2012 12:35 AM #1
      A new event on our calendar is the ONTO Fall Rally, the fourth in the 2012 Texas Region Rally Championship Series. Starting and ending in McKinney, we will explore the twisty back country paved roads to the North and East. If you liked “Clear Blue Sky,” you will love “ONTO Fall”. There will be a few course following problems to keep you on your toes and some fun clues for the questions you will answer along the way.

• Rally Day: Saturday, September 29
      • Starting Place: Spring Creek Barbeque, 1993 North Central Expressway (NW corner with Highway 380) McKinney, TX 75070
      • Registration/Check-In: 8:30 – 9:15 am on Rally Day
      • Safety Briefing: 9:20 am / Rally School: 9:25 – 9:50 am (we have the whole restaurant)
      • Starting Time, First Car: 10:00 am plus your car number
      • Finish Time, First Car: 2:00 pm, estimated
      • Preregistration is at http://www.motorsportReg.com/ (Direct: www.tinyurl.com/OFR12msr )
      • Awards: First Timers, Novices and General Class

If course-following is a mystery to you, we’ll explain in the General Instructions we will send you when you pre-register, and at the pre-rally school. Come and find out what all the fun is about!

We had one VW in the last rally, and 2 in the rally before that. If you can just bump that number up to 3, you can form a team to compete against Ford, BMW, and Subaru.

Join us!

2. 09-22-2012 01:04 AM #2
      There are ten cars signed up for the ONTO Fall Rally on the 29th. My guess is 25 cars will run the event on fun Collin County roads. The check runs went well, and the course got kudos from the checkers.

No VWs entered yet. Why not? I used to rally a VW in the ProRally Series, I know they make good rally cars.

This is event number four out of six for the series this year. Next is the Great Pumpkin Rally to Paris, a rally known for easy course following but hard questions. Mark October 27 on your calendar. Then in December a rare Sunday rally, the Network Children's Book Run, our annual charity event. This is scheduled for the 2nd. All you Saturday workers don't have an excuse for this one.

Follow me on Twitter (@TXrally) to keep up with registration progress, and maybe a hint or two to help you out on rally day.

Vehicles
      '04 R32
      09-27-2012 11:30 AM #3
      I'd bring my VW if it was closer. I just can't block off a whole weekend for it . I really want to make it to one! Have fun!
      Quote Originally Posted by Roketdriver View Post
      Usually I don't support frivolous lawsuits, but given my intoxicated state...

Vehicles
      2004 TR .:R32
      09-27-2012 11:47 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by TOT View Post
      I'd bring my VW if it was closer. I just can't block off a whole weekend for it . I really want to make it to one! Have fun!
      yeah i would go too, wish i had seen this post earlier in the month

5. 09-27-2012 10:50 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by TOT View Post
      We do 5 or 6 of these a year. You ought to be able to make it once.

Or, contact the Lone Star Region of the SCCA (www.lonestarscca.org/) and tell them you want a rally in Austin. Maybe they can start a program.

Vehicles
      2004 TR .:R32
      09-28-2012 12:03 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by sccarally View Post
      We do 5 or 6 of these a year. You ought to be able to make it once.

Or, contact the Lone Star Region of the SCCA (www.lonestarscca.org/) and tell them you want a rally in Austin. Maybe they can start a program.
      This idea! ! Is win

Tapatalk 2

7. 09-28-2012 07:13 PM #7
      Still no VWs. Where have they all gone?

We have a six-car Subaru team that is going to win by default if we don't get one more 3-car Team.

There are 23 cars registered as of this moment. Who will make it an even 2-dozen?

Remember, we run rain or shine.