Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 1246

    Thread: 2013 Focus ST, worth it?

    1. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      67,176
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      09-02-2012 08:48 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by DIAF View Post
      Anyone who goes to a Ford dealership with $34k looking for a sporty car that leaves with a Focus is doing it wrong.

      The Mustang GT offers great bang for the buck- but some people like smaller cars, they like cars with practical hatch areas.. maybe they need four doors?

      Cars/trucks/SUVs/Vans all have their own personality.
      Some vehicles may be more fun to drive to different drivers even if they lack the performance stats.

      That being said ..$34k for a Focus ST that starts ate $24k?
      I don't understand why people want to load up performance cars with lots of added cost and weight luxury features.
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

    2. 09-02-2012 08:49 PM #52
      OK, really want to know what new owners think about the car HC4L, so post pics and comments when it comes in. I forgot, what color are you getting?

    3. Member hardcore4life's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2010
      Location
      Mentor ,Ohio
      Posts
      3,506
      Vehicles
      2013 focus ST ST3
      09-02-2012 08:52 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      OK, really want to know what new owners think about the car HC4L, so post pics and comments when it comes in. I forgot, what color are you getting?
      Tangerine Scream and i supposed to get my vin number in the coming weeks, i live in the cold so i need heated seats so i don't settle with the st2

    4. 09-02-2012 09:01 PM #54
      HC4L, BAM! You got the Scream! Cool, even better. With you on the heated seats, thought it was a gimmick until we got the Murano in '05 and the Jetta in '07, way to go in the cold.
      Thanks for replying, keep us up to date.
      For the Mustang fans, I wouldn't be so harsh as to judge mustang buyers, people are people, it's a decent car for the money, but numbers be danged, if you don't like a car, you don't like it.

    5. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      67,176
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      09-02-2012 09:02 PM #55
      Yeah.. heated seats are nice. I'll give you that one.
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

    6. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      19,214
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      09-02-2012 09:26 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by hardcore4life View Post
      Tangerine Scream and i supposed to get my vin number in the coming weeks, i live in the cold so i need heated seats so i don't settle with the st2
      Let me know when you get it. I'd love a ride in it. I can't test drive it because of my hand.
      Last edited by kevin splits; 09-02-2012 at 09:35 PM.
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    7. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      19,214
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      09-02-2012 09:28 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by curvedinfinity View Post
      Lol boat.

      A mustang gt blows these hot hatches away in performance.
      Ya, I'm sure.
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    8. Member kevin splits's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 23rd, 2010
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      19,214
      Vehicles
      01001011010011110 1010010
      09-02-2012 09:34 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm0075 View Post
      Let's see, 5 door hatch. Turbo. Manual. Yeah no direct comparison at all . My wife drove the MS3 and liked it, and this is after driving the "almighty" R32 for the past 4 years. Just because the MS3's interior doesn't live up to your expectations doesn't mean others find it just fine.
      What did she like about it? Did she testdrive the mk1 or the mk2 ms3? My brother wants me to get one soo bad, but I hate all the cheap hard plastic in both generations. He has a mk1 on e85.
      "The Vile Bunch" ll v2lab ll eemilitiatv ll Stay Orange.
      2008 Mkv-sold; 2003 yellow SRT-4-sold; 2009 G8 GT-sold; 1991 Talon TSI- fully built-sold ; 2011 Mk6

    9. 09-02-2012 09:41 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Max Rebo View Post
      Anyone who just shops by numbers is doing it wrong.
      The Mustang is more fun to drive than any current FWD, so there's that too.

      At $24k loaded it would make some sense. The base GT starts at $27k, so a $34k Focus is stupid.

      Some day you guys who a defending the Focus over the Mustang for the same price will see how silly you sound.

    10. 09-02-2012 09:41 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      You ****ing tard, there's no "flag .:" bull**** on the Golf R. If anything, write it like Golf [R because that's what it has.

      That being said, I think the ST is a great car but a little too expensive for the FWD hatchback segment.
      You spend way too much time in here.

    11. 09-02-2012 09:43 PM #61
      This video is pure hype, but the ending is funny.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgsS3zMrlEs

    12. 09-02-2012 09:46 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by NoXenons View Post
      Anyone who leaves a Ford dealership with that wheel/tire combination on a Mustang is doing it wrong.
      I agree with that. :lol:

    13. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      67,176
      Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      09-02-2012 09:47 PM #63
      Quote Originally Posted by DIAF View Post
      The Mustang is more fun to drive than any current FWD, so there's that too.

      At $24k loaded it would make some sense. The base GT starts at $27k, so a $34k Focus is stupid.

      Some day you guys who a defending the Focus over the Mustang for the same price will see how silly you sound.
      It's just a matter of personal preference.
      I honestly hate the "this is the best performance value and buying anything else is stupid" argument.
      A front wheel drive performance hatch can make more sense as a package - especially up north.

      Let me ask you this- Which would you rather drive now; a 2003 Ford Mustang GT or a 2003 Ford Focus SVT?
      “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

    14. Member TM87's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 30th, 2008
      Location
      Windsor CT
      Posts
      11,822
      Vehicles
      VW
      09-02-2012 09:50 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by DIAF View Post

      Some day you guys who a defending the Focus over the Mustang for the same price will see how silly you sound.
      What part of 4dr hatchback didnt you understand???

      How hard is it to understand, that when people need 4drs, they are looking for cars w 4drs. Not a faster 2dr for same money. Mustang can be a great bang for the bucks, but its a coupe. This dude needs 4drs, Let me repeat it again FOUR DOORS!!!

      I would understand if you are talking about a sedan, but a coupe
      "Your pants too tight,your wheels too bright"

    15. 09-02-2012 09:54 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      It's just a matter of personal preference.
      I honestly hate the "this is the best performance value and buying anything else is stupid" argument.
      A front wheel drive performance hatch can make more sense as a package - especially up north.

      Let me ask you this- Which would you rather drive now; a 2003 Ford Mustang GT or a 2003 Ford Focus SVT?
      I've driven both - I'd take the Mustang still.

      I agree with regards to personal preference, but of it comes down to the same price, the focus is a silly choice.

      Other people are free to spend their money however they want, however poorly I think of their decisions.

    16. 09-02-2012 09:56 PM #66
      Anyone who likes or buys a new 2013 Mustang is OK in my book, have at it.
      What is silly is that, with over 290 million people in this country, some still can't understand that a neighbor will like or dislike things opposite of themselves. Shocker.

    17. 09-02-2012 09:59 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      What part of 4dr hatchback didnt you understand???

      How hard is it to understand, that when people need 4drs, they are looking for cars w 4drs. Not a faster 2dr for same money. Mustang can be a great bang for the bucks, but its a coupe. This dude needs 4drs, Let me repeat it again FOUR DOORS!!!

      I would understand if you are talking about a sedan, but a coupe
      $34k is EVO/STI money.

      4 door hatch. Eat the Focus' lunch all day everyday.

      $34k for a Focus is dumb.

    18. 09-02-2012 10:11 PM #68
      If we got out for lunch and I have the ham sandwich instead of the turkey, am I too dumb to hang with then? Seems only logical by the path layed out.
      Looked at pics of '07 GS 350 AWD seeing as you have one. Big ugly jelly bean, Toyota's answer to Buick for the greying demographic, and you bought it the same time I got a silly Jetta. But I would almost bet that if I got to drive/keep your GS, I would push my Jetta under a rug. Better car by far, ain't even going to try to compare.
      But really, for the money you paid, you could have done better. Ha!
      Just kidding, your car rocks, I like it, and seriously, calling people dumb just for liking the ST, well, it looks bad against the rock thrower.

    19. 09-02-2012 10:17 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      If we got out for lunch and I have the ham sandwich instead of the turkey, am I too dumb to hang with then? Seems only logical by the path layed out.
      Looked at pics of '07 GS 350 AWD seeing as you have one. Big ugly jelly bean, Toyota's answer to Buick for the greying demographic, and you bought it the same time I got a silly Jetta. But I would almost bet that if I got to drive/keep your GS, I would push my Jetta under a rug. Better car by far, ain't even going to try to compare.
      But really, for the money you paid, you could have done better. Ha!
      Just kidding, your car rocks, I like it, and seriously, calling people dumb just for liking the ST, well, it looks bad against the rock thrower.
      I said that the Focus makes sense for $24k. For $34k it's dumb.

      If you were going to order a $40 ham sandwich, I'd try to talk you out of that as well.

      And I bought my car used, basically Jetta money.
      Last edited by DIAF; 09-02-2012 at 10:27 PM.

    20. Member kraut_pauer79's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 27th, 2004
      Location
      Long Beach, CA
      Posts
      4,700
      Vehicles
      a Metro pass.
      09-02-2012 10:20 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by DIAF View Post
      $34k is EVO/STI money.

      4 door hatch. Eat the Focus' lunch all day everyday.

      $34k for a Focus is dumb.
      The top-tits ST comes in at $29,8XX, with full leather Recaros, Nav, Sony Audio with sub and 10 speakers, xenons/LED's, dual-zone A/C, keyless access, moonroof and destination. I think the first guy that mentioned $34K was implying it would be $34K out the door, with TTL.

      Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm0075 View Post
      Let's see, 5 door hatch. Turbo. Manual. Yeah no direct comparison at all . My wife drove the MS3 and liked it, and this is after driving the "almighty" R32 for the past 4 years. Just because the MS3's interior doesn't live up to your expectations doesn't mean others find it just fine.
      gotta agree, the MS3 and the ST are pretty well competitors. The Focus just has a way more nicely finished cabin and probably better all-around suspension tuning.
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber Wagon View Post
      I can literally eat off of that seat. She is immaculate.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sir UNBANNED_GERBIL M.B. View Post
      After 35 years of old man farts?

    21. 09-02-2012 10:29 PM #71
      DIAF, I agree about the thirty four grand, don't know why they are asking (wondering if they are really getting any buyers at that price) for that much. As I stated, for about twenty nine grand, it's pretty much loaded here in NC.
      And, the fact that you care enough about your fellow man as to talk him out of a forty dollar sandwhich, well, you and I are solid bro. Unless that was one kick butt sandwhich. Then you done did me wrong.
      OK, now I'm hungry.

    22. Member hardcore4life's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2010
      Location
      Mentor ,Ohio
      Posts
      3,506
      Vehicles
      2013 focus ST ST3
      09-02-2012 10:29 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by DIAF View Post
      The Mustang is more fun to drive than any current FWD, so there's that too.

      At $24k loaded it would make some sense. The base GT starts at $27k, so a $34k Focus is stupid.

      Some day you guys who a defending the Focus over the Mustang for the same price will see how silly you sound.
      Sorry but mustang is way too unpractical to me, i have people who sit in the backseat



      Have fun putting people in there

    23. Member Max Rebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 11th, 1999
      Location
      Pottstown, PA
      Posts
      14,714
      Vehicles
      '07 BMW 335i
      09-02-2012 10:38 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by DIAF View Post
      The Mustang is more fun to drive than any current FWD, so there's that too.

      At $24k loaded it would make some sense. The base GT starts at $27k, so a $34k Focus is stupid.

      Some day you guys who a defending the Focus over the Mustang for the same price will see how silly you sound.
      Some day, you'll realize (or maybe you won't) that not everyone has the same preferences.
      Yes, I agree that $34k is stupid for a Focus ST. It shouldn't be any more than MSRP for the trim level in question.

      At least there are some reasonable people here that understand the practical differences between a 4-door hatchback and a 2-door sports car.
      Oddfellows Local 726

    24. Member hardcore4life's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2010
      Location
      Mentor ,Ohio
      Posts
      3,506
      Vehicles
      2013 focus ST ST3
      09-02-2012 10:42 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by DIAF View Post
      $34k is EVO/STI money.

      4 door hatch. Eat the Focus' lunch all day everyday.

      $34k for a Focus is dumb.
      Yeah well i'm not that stupid to pay $8000 over MSRP , like i said, whoever wants to pay $34k for the ST2 Focus needs to go to another dealer because you can buy the same fully loaded car for $27k ....

      Also Subaru and Mitsubishi might give you more power but it still have a Fisher Price quality interior ...i went to the Auto show in February and sat in the STI , well i don't think i could live with that car for years , interior quality and feel of the whole car makes me wonder if i can justify overpaying $15.000 for the car that has the $16.000,- econobox feel

    25. Member Max Rebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 11th, 1999
      Location
      Pottstown, PA
      Posts
      14,714
      Vehicles
      '07 BMW 335i
      09-02-2012 11:28 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by DIAF View Post
      I've driven both - I'd take the Mustang still.

      I agree with regards to personal preference, but of it comes down to the same price, the focus is a silly choice.

      Other people are free to spend their money however they want, however poorly I think of their decisions.
      Your criteria are obviously different. Try fitting a family of four, including full size child seats in a Mustang and tell me how convenient it is.
      Oddfellows Local 726

    Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •