VWVortex.com - 2013 Focus ST, worth it?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge
    Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Results 276 to 300 of 1246

    Thread: 2013 Focus ST, worth it?

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 9th, 2006
      Posts
      930
      Vehicles
      09 G37 Sedan 6MT
      10-09-2012 08:50 PM #276
      I'm really intrigued by this car, can't wait to test drive one.

    2. Member Nubbin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2007
      Location
      Holmdel, NJ
      Posts
      4,194
      Vehicles
      1997 Toyota Camry V6 LE, 2009 Nissan GT-R
      10-09-2012 08:56 PM #277
      Quote Originally Posted by MAGICGTI View Post
      Goddammit it has the black housing. I really liked the chrome housing.

      This is all pushing me to VW.
      Black looks pretty damm good. I don't know what you're talking about.

      I want this car so badly, but I'll wait a year or two for them to iron out the bugs first.
      Free 1SICKLEX

    3. Member MKV Aaron's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 17th, 2007
      Location
      Westerville, Ohio
      Posts
      2,905
      Vehicles
      S550 GT PP
      10-09-2012 09:29 PM #278
      FYI, the 2013 GTI/GLI has defeatable ESP. Just clarifying wrong info posted above.

    4. Member worked_xr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      Sarasota, FL
      Posts
      128
      Vehicles
      2013 Focus ST3, '89 XR4RS, '70 Mustang Mach 1
      10-09-2012 10:15 PM #279
      Quote Originally Posted by MKV Aaron View Post
      FYI, the 2013 GTI/GLI has defeatable ESP. Just clarifying wrong info posted above.
      Fully off, or off until it comes back on because it doesn't like what you did kinda off? BTW, doesn't it gets that electronic parking brake?
      - Wyatt
      co-founder North American ST Owners Club || www.NASTOC.org
      '13 Focus ST || '89 Merkur XR4RS || '70 Mustang Mach 1

    5. Member caliatenza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2006
      Location
      Bakersfield, CA
      Posts
      4,006
      Vehicles
      2015 Acura TLX V6 P-AWS Tech
      10-09-2012 10:26 PM #280
      i like the outside, but when i sat in one, it just felt cheap to me .

    6. Member worked_xr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      Sarasota, FL
      Posts
      128
      Vehicles
      2013 Focus ST3, '89 XR4RS, '70 Mustang Mach 1
      10-09-2012 10:47 PM #281
      Quote Originally Posted by caliatenza View Post
      i like the outside, but when i sat in one, it just felt cheap to me .
      Really? Did it have the Recaros? If not, the base model interior is a bit more modest compared to the upgrades of the ST2 and ST3, especially if it didn't have the larger 7" screen for the nav upgrade.
      - Wyatt
      co-founder North American ST Owners Club || www.NASTOC.org
      '13 Focus ST || '89 Merkur XR4RS || '70 Mustang Mach 1

    7. Member TM87's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 30th, 2008
      Location
      Windsor CT
      Posts
      11,859
      Vehicles
      VW
      10-10-2012 12:19 AM #282
      Looking at the inferior pics, I just can't stomach the color inserts in the seats. Looks very cheap and ebayish to me.
      Black on black please

    8. Member worked_xr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      Sarasota, FL
      Posts
      128
      Vehicles
      2013 Focus ST3, '89 XR4RS, '70 Mustang Mach 1
      10-10-2012 07:45 AM #283
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      Looking at the inferior pics, I just can't stomach the color inserts in the seats. Looks very cheap and ebayish to me.
      Black on black please
      They do look better in person, but yeah, that's a popular criticism. I will say that the "Smoke Storm" grey inserts are pretty conservative and not at all objectionable. It is neat that you can order whatever inserts with whatever exterior color you want... Race Red exterior with Tangerine Sceam interior anyone?
      - Wyatt
      co-founder North American ST Owners Club || www.NASTOC.org
      '13 Focus ST || '89 Merkur XR4RS || '70 Mustang Mach 1

    9. Member panzer 2.3's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 23rd, 2008
      Location
      pa
      Posts
      3,649
      Vehicles
      1979 rabbit VR6T, 2015 passat 1.8t
      10-10-2012 01:16 PM #284
      The all black recaro's are a win I've been checking out some you tube clips of exhaust notes. This thing sounds good with the borla & milltek. I would def do a 3" tbe every gti I owned has got one I believe in letting a turbo'd car breathe.
      DCIVW Eastside

    10. Member SLC_Punker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2002
      Location
      Philly 'Burbs
      Posts
      1,107
      Vehicles
      2013 WRX Hatch; Hyundai Veracruz
      10-10-2012 06:47 PM #285
      Quote Originally Posted by worked_xr View Post
      They do look better in person, but yeah, that's a popular criticism. I will say that the "Smoke Storm" grey inserts are pretty conservative and not at all objectionable. It is neat that you can order whatever inserts with whatever exterior color you want... Race Red exterior with Tangerine Sceam interior anyone?
      Yup, the ST2 i sat in was blue exterior, and had the grey seat inserts, and my wife and i both thought they looked really good. And the interior of the ST2 does look much better than the ST1 because of the display.

    11. Member caliatenza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2006
      Location
      Bakersfield, CA
      Posts
      4,006
      Vehicles
      2015 Acura TLX V6 P-AWS Tech
      10-10-2012 08:05 PM #286
      Quote Originally Posted by worked_xr View Post
      Really? Did it have the Recaros? If not, the base model interior is a bit more modest compared to the upgrades of the ST2 and ST3, especially if it didn't have the larger 7" screen for the nav upgrade.
      it may have been the base model. I thought the Focus would have the fully MyTouch dash...even the gauges and stuff.

    12. Member TrackMagicWS6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 30th, 2010
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      410
      Vehicles
      04 R32, 97 WS6 M6, 04 Ranger Edge, 88 Fiero GT M5
      10-10-2012 08:14 PM #287
      Buddy went to test drive one of these. Ford dealer no test drives on any vehice. He ended up with a Mazdaspeed 3.

    13. Banned FBMphil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 18th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago 'burbs
      Posts
      7,931
      Vehicles
      Focus hatch
      10-10-2012 08:56 PM #288
      Checked out an ST2 at the dealership today while getting a key cut during lunch. Fffffuuuuuuu I wish I didn't have student loans to pay down
      Last edited by FBMphil; 10-10-2012 at 09:33 PM.

    14. Member worked_xr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      Sarasota, FL
      Posts
      128
      Vehicles
      2013 Focus ST3, '89 XR4RS, '70 Mustang Mach 1
      10-10-2012 09:17 PM #289
      Quote Originally Posted by caliatenza View Post
      it may have been the base model. I thought the Focus would have the fully MyTouch dash...even the gauges and stuff.
      Base gets the same gauge pod and auxiliary gauges, but the center stack is less "techie" and more basic. Looks like this:

      - Wyatt
      co-founder North American ST Owners Club || www.NASTOC.org
      '13 Focus ST || '89 Merkur XR4RS || '70 Mustang Mach 1

    15. Member UncleBens's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 30th, 2000
      Posts
      2,532
      Vehicles
      2011 Hyundai Sonata; 1996 BMW M3
      10-10-2012 09:18 PM #290
      Quote Originally Posted by worked_xr View Post
      Base gets the same gauge pod and auxiliary gauges, but the center stack is less "techie" and more basic. Looks like this:

      Needs more plastic

    16. Member worked_xr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2008
      Location
      Sarasota, FL
      Posts
      128
      Vehicles
      2013 Focus ST3, '89 XR4RS, '70 Mustang Mach 1
      10-10-2012 09:51 PM #291
      Quote Originally Posted by UncleBens View Post
      Needs more plastic
      Maybe just a little more... there's still too much windshield showing, right? lol

      On a serious note, the dash, upper door panels, and all that stuff have a nice soft-touch quality to them, but there is a lot of hard plastic in that center stack. The button array on that dash is pretty out of hand though... this is one of the places that VW has always excelled comparatively.
      - Wyatt
      co-founder North American ST Owners Club || www.NASTOC.org
      '13 Focus ST || '89 Merkur XR4RS || '70 Mustang Mach 1

    17. Member hardcore4life's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 8th, 2010
      Location
      Mentor ,Ohio
      Posts
      3,671
      Vehicles
      2013 focus ST ST3
      10-10-2012 10:35 PM #292
      Quote Originally Posted by UncleBens View Post
      Needs more plastic
      Actually those plastics do have a better feel than any of the Asian competitors such as toyota and hunda

    18. Member caj1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Washington, DC
      Posts
      8,072
      Vehicles
      2016 Audi TTS; 2016 VW GTI w/PP
      10-10-2012 10:37 PM #293
      Quote Originally Posted by hardcore4life View Post
      Actually those plastics do have a better feel than any of the Asian competitors such as toyota and hunda
      Still looks like a mass of plastic..

    19. Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Jerzey
      Posts
      16,261
      10-10-2012 10:41 PM #294
      Quote Originally Posted by worked_xr View Post
      Maybe just a little more... there's still too much windshield showing, right? lol

      On a serious note, the dash, upper door panels, and all that stuff have a nice soft-touch quality to them, but there is a lot of hard plastic in that center stack. The button array on that dash is pretty out of hand though... this is one of the places that VW has always excelled comparatively.
      As long as the upper dash surround is soft touch then the ST has no more hard plastics than the GTI.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2011
      Location
      The Volt Bar
      Posts
      1,645
      Vehicles
      2016 Chevrolet Volt, 2016 Cadillac CTS
      10-10-2012 10:42 PM #295
      Quote Originally Posted by caliatenza View Post
      i like the outside, but when i sat in one, it just felt cheap to me .
      What about it felt 'cheap'? The top line model felt fine for $30K.

    21. Member caj1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Washington, DC
      Posts
      8,072
      Vehicles
      2016 Audi TTS; 2016 VW GTI w/PP
      10-10-2012 10:44 PM #296
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      As long as the upper dash surround is soft touch then the ST has no more hard plastics than the GTI.
      Who is comparing it to the GTI?

    22. Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Jerzey
      Posts
      16,261
      10-10-2012 10:49 PM #297
      Quote Originally Posted by caj1 View Post
      Who is comparing it to the GTI?
      Maybe just a little more... there's still too much windshield showing, right? lol

      On a serious note, the dash, upper door panels, and all that stuff have a nice soft-touch quality to them, but there is a lot of hard plastic in that center stack. The button array on that dash is pretty out of hand though... this is one of the places that VW has always excelled comparatively.
      There.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

    23. Member caj1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Washington, DC
      Posts
      8,072
      Vehicles
      2016 Audi TTS; 2016 VW GTI w/PP
      10-10-2012 10:53 PM #298
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      There.
      The button array? Please, sell your GTI so the bitching will end.

    24. Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Jerzey
      Posts
      16,261
      10-10-2012 11:01 PM #299
      Quote Originally Posted by caj1 View Post
      The button array? Please, sell your GTI so the bitching will end.
      Your BMW matches your attitude.

      Got a problem with me bringing up a direct ST competitor?
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

    25. Member caj1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Washington, DC
      Posts
      8,072
      Vehicles
      2016 Audi TTS; 2016 VW GTI w/PP
      10-10-2012 11:09 PM #300
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0T_Convert View Post
      Your BMW matches your attitude.

      Got a problem with me bringing up a direct ST competitor?
      90% of your posts are the same tired content.. move on already.

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •