VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2013 Focus ST, worth it?

232K views 1K replies 219 participants last post by  Remedy 
#1 ·
Got the call Friday from local dealer they've got a few in stock to come look at. Can't argue with the cars performance aspect, and its impressive numbers it puts down, but $34,000 out the door for nav, and Recaros? 27k sticker without nav, and Recaros :screwy:

That said, I'm good! Not really willing to pay to play on this one. Looked on EBay and a dealer in Illinois is selling the gray fully loaded at 29k b.I.n after all said and done ~32k.

Who is buying one, and should I reconsider, I do want one.

#306 ·
Coming from a Focus owner with that center stack - It's really not that bad. I don't even use it much, as Sync takes care of everything. It looks good lit up at night too.

I also love buttons. So there's that. :laugh:

#307 ·
Summing this thread up:

- Focus ST's don't cost $34k

- If you have $34k and you want a turbo AWD car, you should buy an Evo.

- If you have less than $34k and you want a turbo AWD car, you should buy a used Evo.

~fin~

P.S. Dash plastic discussions are for sandy vaginas. I'm going to go drive my Mustang now.

This post has been deleted
#327 ·
It looks pretty boy racer in a visible color like blue IMO. It's a bit incompatible with the image I wish to portray. But holy hell it was a ton of fun to drive. Almost addictive. Could one get over the boy racer vibe? probably.

I'm in my 30s and prefer the GTI's relative plain-ness. Especially the interior. But I'm an odd duck so YMMV

#333 ·
Let's just compare the ST's real competitors' dashes for a moment:

2013 Focus ST:

2012 Mazdaspeed3:

2012 GTI:

2012 WRX:

2012 Lancer GT:

I just happen to prefer the ST's dash, but a couple of the others need some updating. It's pretty obvious when you actually sit in them that some aren't the same kind of quality either.

#341 ·
IMO I like the st and gti the best. From what I've scene of the Mk7 gti the interior isn't drastically changed.im really into the st as my next dd. It will also solve a major problem for me as I belong to a trade union that encourages us to drive American and that will solve a lot of flak I take on my current dd a mkiv Jetta tdi. I'll never give up my MKI though. Since, the tdi is paid off and only has 100k on it maybe the wife will let me keep it for far trips etc...

#345 ·
Wait for MK7 R wit the ea888 motor:laugh: j/k I prob can't wait that long. They prob won't even release it for two years after the MK7 gti debuts. I'd love to have a awd car as a new dd, but fwd works fine for me. I usually don't work if it's snowing anyway. I can't afford a payment much over 30k anyway, unless I downsized the fleet of vw's that me & the wife have. She love's her MKI cabby more than me:p

#364 ·
I spotted one on the freeway yesterday in that yellow mustard color and it had very strong presence; I have to say that I am impressed with it so far. :thumbup:

#369 ·
Or wait for the next RS with 2.3L Turbo 350hp
http://www.leftlanenews.com/next-ford-focus-rs-to-pack-350-horsepower-active-differential.html

Rumors coming out of England indicate that the next generation of Ford's performance-oriented Focus RS will pack as much as 350 horsepower, marking a noticeable increase of about 50 ponies over the last-gen model.

Power will reportedly come from the 2.3-liter Ecoboost four-cylinder mill that Ford is currently developing to use in the next-gen Mustang. To help eliminate torque steer, the car will likely be equipped with an electronically-controlled active differential, a unit that is similar in concept to the one that will equip the upcoming seventh-gen Volkswagen GTI.

Len Urwin, the head of Ford's Team RS, told PistonHeads in an interview that fitting the car with an all-wheel drive system is under consideration but it would have to be developed from the ground up because the only all-wheel drive systems that Ford currently has access to are front-biased.

"[The Haldex-designed all-wheel drive system] is inherently an understeering system," said Urwin. "We would need to do something we could make fun to drive."

Furthermore, all-wheel drive would add unwanted pounds to the car's weight and unwanted dollars to its base price.

The Focus RS is expected to make its public debut as a limited-edition model in a year or two. Available only as a five-door hatchback, it will boast a wider track and a rally-inspired body kit.

While Ford has not confirmed this, rumors indicate that the next-gen Focus RS will be available in the United States for the first time in the model's illustrious history.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.