Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge

Thread: Son of Red Bull exec's son detained for involvement in police officer's death

Vehicles
      1986 Alfa Spider, 2005 Ford Freestyle
      09-03-2012 10:40 AM #1
      HIT AND RUN
      Son of Red Bull executive nabbed for alleged fatal hit-and-run accident
      http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nati...-30189622.html

A son of Red Bull drinks executive Chalerm Yoovidhya was arrested on Monday for allegedly killing a police patrolman in a hit-and-run accident.

Chalerm's son, Worayuth, was arrested at Chalerm's house on Sukhumvit Soi 53 after he admitted to Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang that he was driving the Ferrari that hit the motorcycle of Pol Sen Sgt Maj Wichien Klanprasert of Thonglor police station at 5,30am.

The Ferrari car was seen fleeing into Chalerm's house, prompting Kamronwit to rush to the house and talk with Chalerm for about an hour.

Wichien was hit by the black sports car at the mouth of Soi Sukhumvit 49. The car dragged Wichien's body and motorcycle for over 200 metres.

Witnesses told police that the Ferrari fled into Chalerm's house on Sukhumvit Soi 53.

Before Chalerm's son confessed to driving the car, Kamronwit told reporters that if the car owner did not cooperate with police, he would return to the house with 200 policemen to search it.

Kamronwit said he would step down as the Metropolitan police chief if he failed to bring Wichien's killer to justice.

"I can't let a police officer to die in vain. I'll bring the real culprit to justice," he said.

Kamronwit also demoted Pol Lt Col Pannapon Nammuang, a crime suppression inspector of Thonglor Police station, to an inactive position.

Kamronwit said Pannapon tried to have someone to pretend to be the driver of the car that hit the policeman.

"It is unacceptable for him to set up the arrest of a scapegoat. He ignored the death of his subordinate," Kamronwit said.

money get's you this????
      http://www.nationmultimedia.com/brea...-30189618.html

Crime inspector of Thonglor police station seconded for trying arrest scapegoat
      September 3, 2012 12:02 pm
      Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrajang Monday seconded Pol Lt Col Pannapon Nammuang, a crime suppression inspector of Thonglor Police station, to an inactive position at the Metropolitan Police.

Kamronwit said Pannapon tried to have someone to pretend to be the driver of the car that hit and killed Pol Sen Sgt Maj Wichien Klanprasert of Thonglor police station.

"This was unacceptable for him to set up for an arrest of a scapegoat. He ignored the death of his subordinate," Kamronwit said.

Kamronwit said Pannapon would be indefinitely seconded to the Metropolitan Police head office.

The Nation
      Last edited by valfaw; 09-03-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Vehicles
      emkayyy vee two point oh tee (daily) 1973 Superbeetle (toy)
      09-03-2012 11:15 AM #2
      I hate the fact that the rich and famous have this idea that they're above the law...I hope he rots in jail

Vehicles
      1992 Corrado SLC
      09-03-2012 12:17 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by .:Chr!sVR6 View Post
      I hate the fact that the rich and famous have this idea that they're above the law...I hope he rots in jail
      He's rich and lives in Thailand... I'm sure his punishment will be light. Lots of cases like these all over SE Asia and they always get away with it... money speaks even louder there than it does here.

Vehicles
      D40 Frontier CC 4X4, 3BG Passat .:RS Variant
      09-03-2012 12:31 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by VwG60Kid View Post
      He's rich and lives in Thailand... I'm sure his punishment will be light. Lots of cases like these all over SE Asia and they always get away with it... money speaks even louder there than it does here.
      I heard people get whipped just for things like stealing or spitting in the streets but that's just ordinary people. The family will get some compensation and everything will work out fine in the end.

Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta VR6, 2006 VW Jetta 2.5
      09-03-2012 12:35 PM #5
      CSB
      mujjuman

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      09-03-2012 01:46 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by VwG60Kid View Post
      The family of the deceased will get a big check.. right?
      Not that that nullifies the death....
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

Vehicles
      1986 Alfa Spider, 2005 Ford Freestyle
      09-03-2012 02:08 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      The family of the deceased will get a big check.. right?
      Not that that nullifies the death....
      apparently it does...

Quote Originally Posted by 1Point8TDan View Post
      The family will get some compensation and everything will work out fine in the end.
      seems it's all about getting paid...

Vehicles
      1998 Jetta GT, 1998 GTI 2.0, 2012 GLI, 2012 GTI
      09-03-2012 02:19 PM #8

Vehicles
      2013 Volt
      09-03-2012 03:37 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by 1Point8TDan View Post
      I heard people get whipped just for things like stealing or spitting in the streets .
      You're thinking of Singapore.

Vehicles
      1999 Nissan Quest GLE, 2009 Nissan GT-R
      09-03-2012 04:09 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by valfaw View Post
      seems it's all about getting paid...
      Everyone has a price.
      Free 1SICKLEX

Philly (now) <--> Bangkok 5555555 (later)
      Vehicles
      2001 Accord coupe V6 / 2013 Toyota Yaris / 2007 Kawasaki Ninja (DOA), 2005 Team Associated RC18t
      09-03-2012 04:14 PM #11
      Just wanted to add that REAL Thai Redbull in the glass bottles is worlds better then the canned **** we get here.

Go to any Asia grocery store and buy a case of 30 bottles for like $25.00. There only slightly smaller then the US sized cans.

Ohh and the word Soi means small street or ally. Judging by the damage to the F car he was going way to fast to be driving down most sois.
      Last edited by KeiCar; 09-03-2012 at 04:17 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carolla
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (ง'̀-'́)ง