VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Golf/GTI 7 Official Information

369K views 347 replies 185 participants last post by  Bingo McFriskin 
#1 ·
#10 ·
More evolution than revolution....was hoping for something better....not an evolution of MK5 to MK6 to MK7....
I agree with you, BUT I think the revolution for the MK7 is what is under the skin. The platform is huge for VW and will make for a great ride, but on the outside it is not radically different.

Looks like a Golf to me so :thumbup: can't wait to see the GTI (and R at some point)

#19 ·
OK - so I like the looks. The fender flares in the back are subtle but they'll look great on the GTI.

I'm pumped about the lighter weight but the 222hp that I'm reading in most articles is a real let down. VW could dominate the hot hatch market with more power.

-s

#24 ·
The big question is... What will come here to the U.S.? Are we gonna get the big screw job that we normally do? Like giving us huge wheel gaps, cut out great tech, and strip out all the great options that the european market will get. I really hope that VW changes that here in the states this time around.

#27 · (Edited)
Meh, don't know what to think of it. The c pillar is an definite improvement over the MK6, but that's about it. The tail lights look good from the side, but weird from behind. The headlights are meh. They should have kept them rounded; they were a signature trait of the Golf.

Hard to really judge the overall look of the car, though, since these images have the **** photoshopped out of them.

edit: just found some real life pics; looks much better.

#36 ·
this.

we won't get:
1. the nice color choices for the interior or the plethora of exterior color palates
2. the piano black interior trim
3. as many options as they do to spec a car (i.e., start stop on the most expensive model)
4. and even though I love the 2.5, we will probably once again crapped on my the parent VAG and only get the 2.5 with some turbo for the GTI. Oh and something for the diesel.

It's okay in my opinion....not a major change on the outside as I would have hoped but then the inside is more of an evolution in my mind...and that's where I spend the most of my time.

should still look good with a little stretch and poke :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.