Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: New Carbon Fiber Deck Lid Spoiler from RS 5 Cab - Compatible with A5 and S5?

1. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      09-06-2012 11:29 AM #1

Funny thing about a new model launch, some of the most exciting news for owners of other Audi models can often be found by dissecting the photography released by Audi. Today was the internet reveal of the new RS 5 Cabriolet and while we are already seriously lusting over the car, we’re also highly intrigued by one minor production difference – the rear deck lid spoiler.

Full Story

2. 10-19-2012 05:18 PM #2
      Is there any more info on this spoiler?? I'll be picking up a 2010 S5 on Monday...and I can't leave well enough alone! Any help will definitely be appreciated...plus, I'll post pics!

:-)

3. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      10-19-2012 07:55 PM #3
      I got some photos when I spotted the car at the Paris Motor Show. I still don't have a part number yet, but I passed photos to EuroPrice.

4. 10-20-2012 08:58 AM #4
      Thanks George!!

I'll send them an email!!!! Definitely appreciate the help!! If you ever get up to NH, I'll let you take my SQ project car for a drive when it's done!

I really want this spoiler! The only other one I've seen for the S5 is the Caractere one. Do you, or anyone else reading this, know of any others??

THANKS!

-George

5. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      10-21-2012 08:32 AM #5
      Where are you in NH? I go to southern Maine for vacation every summer. Your project sounds like a cool feature maybe....

On S5 options, I'm including links to our aftermarket galleries for both S5 and facelift S5. These include a lot of body kit options, etc. Personally, I like the RS 5 Cabriolet lip the best. The Rieger Tuning for the facelift S5 (second link) looks like the factory spoiler from the TT RS.

http://fourtitude.com/galleries/?c=s...%2FAftermarket

http://fourtitude.com/galleries/?c=s...%2FAftermarket

Last, there's another option that theoretically **should fit**. It's a German market Audi Accessories (Audi Original Zubehor) lip spoiler for the A5 Sportback. I've seen it in person on one of Michael Dick's special builds and it looks very cool. The question is whether the lip shape on the Sportback is the same as the coupe.

Here are photos.

http://fourtitude.com/galleries/?c=s...%20Accessories

6. 10-21-2012 06:08 PM #6
      Hi George!

Thanks for taking the time to post those links!!

I agree with you, the RS5 Cab spoiler is the one I like the best as well. I'd love to find out if it's available. I also kind of like the ABT spoiler. The past week has been very hectic (I'm selling my mothers house) and I haven't had much time to research any of the mods I plan to do. All I know is that I found the right car and I'll be checking it out on Monday...and probably driving it home.

My SQ project is definitely a fun time!! The car will be a beast! It's being done by Haydn Taylor...Motorsport HT. Check out the thread "Georges' R SQ" on motorgeek. Haydn has been nice enough to let me take part in the build, but unfortunately, my mom has had some health issues recently and between spending time with her, moving her to an assisted living facility, and getting her house prepared to go on the market, I just haven't had any time to be there. So I'm not having as much fun as I'd like!!

Happily, all that is starting to change! My mom has gotten used to her new home and is happy, the house is on the market and ready to go, and I'm starting to have some free time again! So I'm buying myself the S5 as a reward for making it through the most stressful time of my life! Fair enough, right?!!

I live on the NH coast....on Rt 1A...one of the most awesome drivers roads around!! Feel free to get in touch next time you're heading up to Maine! The SQ will be done by next summer! Keep helping me search for the right spoiler for the S5 and I'll let you put some miles on the SQ!

Thanks again!!

-George
      Last edited by George in NH; 10-21-2012 at 08:24 PM.

7. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      10-22-2012 07:45 AM #7
      First, sorry to hear about your mom. I'm glad to hear she's adjusting well. My wife and I thankfully not had to go through that with our parents yet, but I remember when my grandparents went through this. One side fought it and didn't want to do it, my other grandma did it and actually really enjoyed it as she's become a bit lonely and her social interaction went up hugely. Either way, it's not an easy process, so congratulations on being through it.

We hit up Ogunquit Maine usually in August so we should definitely set something up. I'd love to photograph the car for a feature.

I'm not sure if EuroPrice has been able to get a part number yet. I'm also asked a friend at Audi of America look it up, but he needs a VIN in order to do so and I don't have that yet. Will let you know what I find.

8. 10-23-2012 08:26 AM #8
      Hi George- You're lucky you have the experience in dealing with aging relatives....you'll be prepared when your folks get to the age where they need this kind of help. I wasn't prepared (because I live in a fantasy world, I guess!), and it was extremely difficult because I really had to hustle to find a nice place for mom to move to. It was all up to me....I'm an only child....and it honestly was the most stressful time of my life.

Soooo....I bought the S5 I looked at yesterday! Feels pretty strong! I think it's going to be a pretty entertaining daily driver when I'm done with it! I'm not a fan of chrome, so I'll be blacking it out asap (I hate the grille!!), set of BBS CHR's with black centers, a little suspension work, menacing exhaust (to scare the neighborhood children)....and a rear lip spoiler. In the meantime, I have to figure out that MMI !!

Yeah, the SQ project should be done by your vacation next summer....stop on by!! I'm sure Haydn would get a kick out of being around for some photos! I'll let him know about this thread.

OK, enough chit chat for now....I haven't driven my new car yet today!

9. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      10-24-2012 10:23 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by George in NH View Post
      Hi George- You're lucky you have the experience in dealing with aging relatives....you'll be prepared when your folks get to the age where they need this kind of help. I wasn't prepared (because I live in a fantasy world, I guess!), and it was extremely difficult because I really had to hustle to find a nice place for mom to move to. It was all up to me....I'm an only child....and it honestly was the most stressful time of my life.

Soooo....I bought the S5 I looked at yesterday! Feels pretty strong! I think it's going to be a pretty entertaining daily driver when I'm done with it! I'm not a fan of chrome, so I'll be blacking it out asap (I hate the grille!!), set of BBS CHR's with black centers, a little suspension work, menacing exhaust (to scare the neighborhood children)....and a rear lip spoiler. In the meantime, I have to figure out that MMI !!

Yeah, the SQ project should be done by your vacation next summer....stop on by!! I'm sure Haydn would get a kick out of being around for some photos! I'll let him know about this thread.

OK, enough chit chat for now....I haven't driven my new car yet today!

Great news on the S5. Sounds nice. Enjoy it.

10. 10-24-2012 06:28 PM #10
      Just heard from Europrice. They said the spoiler was still unavailable, but they expect to have it in a month or so. He said it would fit the S5. I asked him to keep me updated. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

11. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      10-25-2012 11:40 AM #11
      Great to know. Thanks.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      More than I need
      11-23-2012 09:16 AM #12
      Hi George.
      Maybe you can point me in the right direction. I recently bought a 2013 A5 Premium Plus Coupe. I can not find a supplier of a rear exhaust diffuser panel to replace (direct replacement fit) the really cheap looking one that is fitted to the car. I don't want to go the dual exhaust mod for which there are many aftermarket panels - it's a four banger not a roaring RS5 V8. I'm looking for a diffuser panel that either has a recessed grill or strakes in the center. Something to liven up that bland swath of plastic under the bumper. I've seen pictures of exactly the panel I want but after searching endlessly, I'm having zero luck. Any advice?
      Ron

By the way, I like the A5 very much. Neat car.

13. Administrator George@Fourtitude's Avatar
      Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      11-25-2012 08:04 AM #13
      Congratulations on the new car. I think you're referring to the S-line valance. You can see that here:

If you're open to dual outlet, the Rieger one looks very much like the RS 5 design.

http://fourtitude.com/galleries/?c=s...ieger%20Tuning

I don't know if the design is identical to the pre-facelift, but I suspect it is. If so, here are some other options.

More early A5 body kits here: http://fourtitude.com/galleries/?c=s...%2FAftermarket

14. Member
      Vehicles
      More than I need
      11-25-2012 09:32 AM #14
      Thanks George.
      Can this diffuser be purchased other than from Audi parts? I'm sure Audi's price would be cost plus list $$$. Fortitude seems to be most interested in complete exhaust systems (I can't find a separate diffuser on their site) and most with dual exhaust. I want to keep the exhaust stock (two chrome tipped pipes (driver side), one outlet diffuser. I'll check Audi to see what they want for the single outlet Sline diffuser. I didn't even know Audi offered a 2.0T S5 four banger in the US.
      Ron

Will a single outlet pan snap/bolt onto the non Sline bumper of my 'face lifted' 2013 A5?
      Last edited by Rowayton; 11-27-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Vehicles
      2013 S5 2011 A3 TDI
      11-29-2012 01:02 PM #15
      Any updates for the part # yet?

Thanks