Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: LED Headlight Quality Question (Yes I've Researched)

1. 09-07-2012 02:04 PM #1
      I did my homework, was all ready to install the S5 Style chrome lights, but TM Tuning decided to try and take my money and not ship me the lights. That issue aside, I still want to purchase these lights.

There seems to be a few slightly different versions out there. True or False? Where can I get good ones that look the best and have the whitest LEDs? I'd love to get some feedback and pictures of those of you who have them and where you got them from. Thanks for your time responding to my questions!

2. 09-08-2012 10:03 PM #2
      Bump. Anybody?

Opinions of what these lights look like from people that have seen them? or ? I figured I could always Vagcom out the LEDs if i didn't like them or i got bored of them...

3. 09-10-2012 03:16 PM #3
      I've always loved the look of the chrome s5 headlights, they are on my wishlist to get.

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08 passat komfort wagon 2.0 tfsi
      07-02-2014 02:28 AM #4
      urotuning has a couple of different s5 options. Ive never ordered from them. Im in the process of researching myself. They do require vagcom reprogramming. but heres a link, ill bump too cuz i would like to hear some others opinions of these before i drop the $

http://www.urotuning.com/Depo-S5-Led...wp60hl-s5c.htm
      08 Passat Wagon
      Performance: Forge Wintake
      Appearance: Clear sidemarkers, german front plate, silver CF emblem inserts.
      Future additions: Magnaflow CBE, ABT front lip, Wheels (not sure what yet), some CF wrapping here and there.

Vehicles
      B6 2.0t Passat Wagon 6spd,mkIV 2.slow Jetta, mkI gti,T4 eurovan 5spd
      07-02-2014 10:55 AM #5
      If you end up getting these lights I would just swap out the leds first. My buddy has a chevy avalanche and the headlights have a similar led setup but weren't very bright he replaced them with very small 3 led bulbs and they are now super bright. That is just my 2 cents.

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      08 passat komfort wagon 2.0 tfsi
      07-02-2014 01:51 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by krowlands4 View Post
      If you end up getting these lights I would just swap out the leds first. My buddy has a chevy avalanche and the headlights have a similar led setup but weren't very bright he replaced them with very small 3 led bulbs and they are now super bright. That is just my 2 cents.
      Thanks for the input!!
      08 Passat Wagon
      Performance: Forge Wintake
      Appearance: Clear sidemarkers, german front plate, silver CF emblem inserts.
      Future additions: Magnaflow CBE, ABT front lip, Wheels (not sure what yet), some CF wrapping here and there.