Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: clean 20th anniversary GTI for sale.

1. 09-10-2012 03:50 PM #1
      60,0500 miles.
      completely stock.
      brand new tires.

worth checking out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...#ht_500wt_1182

2. 09-10-2012 10:25 PM #2
      try the classifieds

Vehicles
      20th AE GTI, 06 Tacoma.
      09-13-2012 04:16 AM #3
      MK5 AND MK4 BODY PARTS FOR SALE PM ME FOR INFO

Vehicles
      93 Corrado 12v, 09 Tiguan 4motion
      09-13-2012 09:23 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Pcsnow00 View Post
      LOL @ seat covers on a Jetta...
      -TLJ

5. 10-02-2012 04:37 AM #5
      I hate posting to forums but I have to call this guy out as I hate dishonest people.

This seller is a SCAMMER. Makes me wonder if you could trust the mileage on the car or anything else he has to say. Avoid buying this car unless you want to pay WAY more than it's worth.

He's using shill bidding to drive up the price of his car. Is that lame or what?

Below is a link to the shill bidder
      http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/..._None_ViewLink

LAME! I'd rather buy the car with the seat covers

Vehicles
      82' VW Caddy, RIP-2003 20th Anniversary GTI #0024
      10-02-2012 11:48 AM #6
      12.5k for a 20th? Might as well just spend a little more and get a :R
      “A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”

7. 10-11-2012 10:25 AM #7
      very clean but over priced.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2001/Rave Green GTi, 2012 Beetle
      10-11-2012 03:04 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Tekrad View Post
      I hate posting to forums but I have to call this guy out as I hate dishonest people.

This seller is a SCAMMER. Makes me wonder if you could trust the mileage on the car or anything else he has to say. Avoid buying this car unless you want to pay WAY more than it's worth.

He's using shill bidding to drive up the price of his car. Is that lame or what?

Below is a link to the shill bidder
      http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/..._None_ViewLink

LAME! I'd rather buy the car with the seat covers
      How can you tell?
      Revo Stage2 | 4 Bar FPR | GHL Downpipe | Milltek Catback Exhaust | Forge 007 DV | Neuspeed P-Flo | Neuspeed Turbo Inlet Pipe | Neuspeed Short Shift Link | Eibach Pro Kits | Koni Sport Yellows | 25the AE body Kit | 25th AE Aluminum trim | BBS RCs

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2001/Rave Green GTi, 2012 Beetle
      10-11-2012 03:08 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Justin_Eshelman View Post
      12.5k for a 20th? Might as well just spend a little more and get a :R
      The R32s I see with the same miles are still in the 18-20k though. Quite a big jump.
      Revo Stage2 | 4 Bar FPR | GHL Downpipe | Milltek Catback Exhaust | Forge 007 DV | Neuspeed P-Flo | Neuspeed Turbo Inlet Pipe | Neuspeed Short Shift Link | Eibach Pro Kits | Koni Sport Yellows | 25the AE body Kit | 25th AE Aluminum trim | BBS RCs

10. Member
      Vehicles
      20ae gti, b5 passat
      10-12-2012 05:15 PM #10
      This is why our cars hold no value. Not supporting the op by any means but quite frequently people comment on threads like so stating the car isn't worth what the seller is asking when the person commenting usually has no intentions in buying the car. Then someone who actually wants to buy the car sees that someone states the car is not worth that then throws a low offer followed by other bs offers next thing you know the seller has to let his/hers beloved car for the best low offer they get. And this is a prime example why I'd never sell anything Volkswagen related on this site. Glws.
      Show car scene = Spend money you don't have, on parts you don't need, to impress people you don't know.

Vehicles
      AWD BT 20TH and EVO VII RS
      10-12-2012 09:07 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by IY#504 View Post
      This is why our cars hold no value. Not supporting the op by any means but quite frequently people comment on threads like so stating the car isn't worth what the seller is asking when the person commenting usually has no intentions in buying the car. Then someone who actually wants to buy the car sees that someone states the car is not worth that then throws a low offer followed by other bs offers next thing you know the seller has to let his/hers beloved car for the best low offer they get. And this is a prime example why I'd never sell anything Volkswagen related on this site. Glws.
      Regardless of whether or not he intended to buy the car, it's still not worth 12.5k. i just looked at kbb, at perfect condition it's worth 7900. thats a 5g difference... sorry, i own a 20th and yea ok, there were only 4000 of them... so? it's still only a vw, these aren't Porsches, Lambos, or anything remotely close. if the car is close to perfect, i'd be inclined to pay a little than value, but certainly not 5g more...

Secondly, most people buying a car are doing so through loans. Good luck getting a 12.5 thousand dollar loan on a car only worth 7500 or so. IF you were dumb enough to still get a loan somehow for this, you are now what is called "upside down" and will forever be. If you were to wreck the car, regardless of fault, you're only going to get paid the VALUE of the car, not what you paid for it. So, now, no car and stuck with a 12.5k loan....

I could go on and on about this, but it will generally fall on deaf ears here, as everyone wants to think what they own is "special" and thus worth way more than it truly is.
      I paid 8400 for my 20th, in 2009, with only 55k on it. So, um yeah, 12.5 is a little much.

Proof is in the pudding. Click the EBAY link, see where the bidding stopped? 8600, so 700 more than value because that's the most anyone wanted to pay for it.... That pricing falls right in line with what I stated above.