Today while driving thru the I-40 "Canyon" (Knoxville to Asheville) I dreamed up a Gumball Rally style event.
Call it The Deliverance Triangle®? Smoky Dub Rally (kidding)? MK Fall Rally?
Start from Fontana & go to Helen GA, back to NC and it ends at the Dragon.
Points for time, points for pics, points for "Style", Points for best speeding ticket, Best Turbo, furthest attendee, best costume, best video? We have miles & miles of great back country roads.
So, yes, I'm down for a GTG
Like Franco said, [Franco rips off his rear-view mirror and throws it out of the car]
"What's-a behind me is not important."
Last edited by HollisJoy; 09-10-2012 at 11:21 PM.
what day of the first weekend though? beerfest is in durham, NC on october 6th, the first weekend and saturday of the month. if you did this sunday/monday (monday is a holiday!) then it'd be perfect! i'd already be in the area.
I probably will come to this event I was planing go to dragon later in October
I really like this idea.
I would be down for a day of driving and I'd probably head back to Atlanta that night. I just moved down here from New England, so I am curious if this will be during the peak foliage season?
I am in!
Now, to get the unibrace before we go
As a local I would recommend several things
1. Let Darryl know when you are coming, he may list the event on his calender and check if there will be any photographers out. ( www.Killboy.com )
2. Come as late in the year as possible.
3. Come as late/early in the day as possible.
4. Watch for D-Baggers and other slow moving vehicles.
5. Use The Pull Offs, The Trash Cans, and Common Sense.
6. H&H Towing 865-804-0526 (Lowered Vehicle/ Euro Friendly even if he is a flappy headed Canuckistanian)
Depending on the exact dates this will be prime slow mover season especially during daylight on a weekend, There will most likely be van/mini bus tours for foliage viewing.
APR Motorsports Authorized Distributor
034 Motorsports Authorized Distributor
Turner Motorsports Authorized Distributor
and many more all on US129 The Tail of the Dragon