Last edited by Aonarch; 09-13-2012 at 02:29 PM.
I just ordered my wheels and rubber for this trip.
As a local I would recommend several things
1. Let Darryl know when you are coming, he may list the event on his calender and check if there will be any photographers out. ( www.Killboy.com )
2. Come as late in the year as possible.
3. Come as late/early in the day as possible.
4. Watch for D-Baggers and other slow moving vehicles.
5. Use The Pull Offs, The Trash Cans, and Common Sense.
6. H&H Towing 865-804-0526 (Lowered Vehicle/ Euro Friendly even if he is a flappy headed Canuckistanian)
Depending on the exact dates this will be prime slow mover season especially during daylight on a weekend, There will most likely be van/mini bus tours for foliage viewing.
APR Motorsports Authorized Distributor
034 Motorsports Authorized Distributor
Turner Motorsports Authorized Distributor
and many more all on US129 The Tail of the Dragon
Well I am in and if you would like to run some roads very close to Helen and just as nice or better than the Dragon let me know. I've spent a good part of my days running around the N.Ga mountains on my bikes.
Here's a little sample of a rip on the 1200, on a fav road that is not the dragon
won't be able to do it on october 6th =\ ill be in durham, already scheduled hotel rooms and such and paid for the beerfest tickets. maybe ill cruise over to helen on sunday and see where ya'll are at and we can meet up for pics/drinks on sunday. im good with anything, i love driving