Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 61

    Thread: 2 out of 30

    1. Member R32DBPGenV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cambra
      Posts
      2,326
      Vehicles
      Black Merc and a Box
      09-11-2012 05:26 AM #1
      For the benefit of the interested parties here in tex ville, today there was an order placed for two of these....





      Original images courtesy of Ausmotive.com
      Last edited by Sloth; 09-27-2012 at 09:36 PM.
      a V8 and N/A

    2. Member Zorg2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2009
      Posts
      3,433
      Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      09-11-2012 05:45 AM #2
      very nice I assume you were one of them? Be interested to hear how the ride is.
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

    3. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,544
      09-11-2012 05:48 AM #3
      I prefer to have bought those two at the top of the page.

      John, we better get personalised plates otherwise we won't know which is mine and which is yours.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    4. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,435
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      09-11-2012 05:49 AM #4
      Just in case one of those is indeed Wayne's it will do me no harm to say BAGS IN FIRST!

      I hate to ask though, how much were they? I don't expect they will have been erm, good value.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    5. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,544
      09-11-2012 05:52 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
      Just in case one of those is indeed Wayne's it will do me no harm to say BAGS IN FIRST!

      I hate to ask though, how much were they? I don't expect they will have been erm, good value.
      Actually you would be wrong. Mid 60s on the road.

      There needs to be a new dib rule because the usual suspects just call it but then no action come buying time. So whoever wants to put dibs on my car needs to buy me lunch.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    6. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,435
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      09-11-2012 05:56 AM #6
      I think I did that a couple of weeks ago. And I'm still waiting for you to sell me your Spyder at a reasonable sum.

      Actually, I don't think you'll go through with it Wayne. Can't see you justifying the purchase even on your own flexible criteria.

      But mid-60s is okay if it really does the business on the track.

      Can't say it's a looker though.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    7. Member Zorg2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2009
      Posts
      3,433
      Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      09-11-2012 06:02 AM #7
      fark Matty i forgot you beat me to it. Can I go 2nd? Wayne what happens to the BRZ?

      I reckon an 86 with a turbo kit would have a good chance on the track, not sure how long it would last though.
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

    8. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,435
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      09-11-2012 06:05 AM #8
      I'm actually not interested in it Richard. I don't like the look of it, I've never really been a fan of minis and the idea of a track-oriented two seater reminds me too much of my Mum's old car.

      Don't get me wrong, I'm interested to see what fun John has with it, but it's not for me.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    9. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,544
      09-11-2012 06:07 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
      I think I did that a couple of weeks ago. And I'm still waiting for you to sell me your Spyder at a reasonable sum.

      Actually, I don't think you'll go through with it Wayne. Can't see you justifying the purchase even on your own flexible criteria.

      But mid-60s is okay if it really does the business on the track.

      Can't say it's a looker though.
      Did what? Buy lunch? Nope - we did buy our interstate guest lunch which is the right thing to do.

      Make it this way. It would cost me much more than that modifying a regular JCW to be track ready. Also, the boot is large enough for all the RCs for a bash session.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    10. Member Zorg2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2009
      Posts
      3,433
      Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      09-11-2012 06:38 AM #10
      when is lunch?
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

    11. 09-11-2012 07:01 AM #11
      Other than being a Mini, what is it?

    12. Member R32DBPGenV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cambra
      Posts
      2,326
      Vehicles
      Black Merc and a Box
      09-11-2012 07:02 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by skc View Post
      Other than being a Mini, what is it?
      well..... nothing really
      a V8 and N/A

    13. Member sweatyworker's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2005
      Location
      Melbourne, Australia
      Posts
      5,791
      09-11-2012 07:10 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post

      There needs to be a new dib rule because the usual suspects just call it but then no action come buying time. So whoever wants to put dibs on my car needs to buy me lunch.
      Big Mac or New Lamb Burger? I was serious about the BRZ... This not so much
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stubby, Esq. View Post
      buy both, save time.

    14. 09-11-2012 07:11 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by R32DBPGenV View Post
      well..... nothing really
      Ok, just googled it. You were right

    15. 09-11-2012 07:24 AM #15
      I'd have one in a flash. I still have a soft spot for MINI (and it's not from the stiff suspension pummeling my ass cheecks into submission)

    16. Member R32DBPGenV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cambra
      Posts
      2,326
      Vehicles
      Black Merc and a Box
      09-11-2012 07:44 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
      I'd have one in a flash. I still have a soft spot for MINI (and it's not from the stiff suspension pummeling my ass cheecks into submission)
      hahaha I reckon this version will be even more pummely (is that a word?) on the butt.
      a V8 and N/A

    17. 09-11-2012 07:47 AM #17
      are they natural........?

    18. 09-11-2012 07:54 AM #18
      my butt cheeks? yes. Only artificial parts in me are my pacemaker and bellybutton.

    19. 09-11-2012 08:45 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
      I'm actually not interested in it Richard. I don't like the look of it, I've never really been a fan of minis and the idea of a track-oriented two seater reminds me too much of my Mum's old car.

      Don't get me wrong, I'm interested to see what fun John has with it, but it's not for me.
      It's ok Matty, WAY owes me lunch after losing a bet on the weekend. Apparently Ivanhoe is next to Bundoora in WAYBOURNE.

    20. Member sweatyworker's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2005
      Location
      Melbourne, Australia
      Posts
      5,791
      09-11-2012 09:17 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      It's ok Matty, WAY owes me lunch after losing a bet on the weekend. Apparently Ivanhoe is next to Bundoora in WAYBOURNE.
      It's in the vicinity. I can see where he's coming from. You just have to fight your way through Heidleberg West Warriors style to make it there from Bundoora
      Last edited by sweatyworker; 09-11-2012 at 09:19 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stubby, Esq. View Post
      buy both, save time.

    21. Member TMK-001's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14th, 2005
      Location
      Mt Gambier/Portland/Geelong/OnMyBike
      Posts
      10,191
      Vehicles
      BMW/Ford/Colnago/Blackhawk/DMR
      09-11-2012 11:51 AM #21
      I have founding member #083 in the original BMW-Sanctioned Mini Clubs... Paid $180, got to be worth at least $2000 by now.

    22. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,544
      09-11-2012 01:49 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
      I'd have one in a flash. I still have a soft spot for MINI (and it's not from the stiff suspension pummeling my ass cheecks into submission)
      That is exactly what it is - I also still have a soft spot for MINI. The old one I had was one of the most fun cars I have owned. Very different to the high powered stuff obviously, but because it is small and agile, it is great fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2002
      Posts
      308
      Vehicles
      2014 GOLF MK7 90 TSI
      09-11-2012 06:14 PM #23
      I cant see Way holding onto this for long - too similiar to the Polo GTI 3 door.

    24. 09-11-2012 06:39 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by BRU20VT View Post
      I cant see Way holding onto this for long - too similiar to the Polo GTI 3 door.

      Not sure - Polo lacked all the hyper tacky Demon Tweeks add ons this Mini has.

    25. 09-11-2012 06:44 PM #25
      Love your work gents ... looking forward to the ausmotive review
      El Paso? I spent a month there one night.

    26. Member shauno's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 11th, 2006
      Location
      Sydney
      Posts
      977
      Vehicles
      MY08 MkV .:R32
      09-11-2012 06:59 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by BRU20VT View Post
      I cant see Way holding onto this for long - too similiar to the Polo GTI 3 door.
      Double the price too!
      2006 MkV 2.0TDI -> 2005 MkV GTI -> 2008 MkV .:R32

    27. Senior Member Lima's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2002
      Location
      Canberra, Australia
      Posts
      30,436
      Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      09-11-2012 07:01 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Del Griffith View Post
      Love your work gents ... looking forward to the ausmotive review
      Me too.

    28. Member R32DBPGenV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cambra
      Posts
      2,326
      Vehicles
      Black Merc and a Box
      09-11-2012 07:22 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by shauno View Post
      Double the price too!
      Actually no, I believe all up the Pogo, including car/wheels/suspension/tune would have been in the low $40ks, this limited edition little brick is low $60s OTR and there is probably nothing else needed to be done to the car, accepting finding some smooth windy tarmac


      But yeh, a pogo GTi is now a cheap proposition, but it is DSG only and is common as on both the new and used market, hence why I sold the Pogo for $28k, that is a very large % depreciation in 16 months, the mini I think will fare much much better.
      a V8 and N/A

    29. Member R32DBPGenV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cambra
      Posts
      2,326
      Vehicles
      Black Merc and a Box
      09-11-2012 07:24 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Del Griffith View Post
      Love your work gents ... looking forward to the ausmotive review
      Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
      Me too.

      If they are purchased (build slot to be confirmed today), interest may wayne (hahahaha) in the interim, AusMo will surely get a run
      a V8 and N/A

    30. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,435
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      09-11-2012 07:45 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by R32DBPGenV View Post
      But yeh, a pogo GTi is now a cheap proposition, but it is DSG only and is common as on both the new and used market, hence why I sold the Pogo for $28k, that is a very large % depreciation in 16 months, the mini I think will fare much much better.
      And here we were over lunch speculating that you'd sold the polo for more than you paid for it.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    31. 09-11-2012 08:36 PM #31
      Re original post, we don't sell those 'on the road', we prefer to describe it as 'on the tabletop'.

    32. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,544
      09-11-2012 08:48 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by R32DBPGenV View Post
      Actually no, I believe all up the Pogo, including car/wheels/suspension/tune would have been in the low $40ks, this limited edition little brick is low $60s OTR and there is probably nothing else needed to be done to the car, accepting finding some smooth windy tarmac


      But yeh, a pogo GTi is now a cheap proposition, but it is DSG only and is common as on both the new and used market, hence why I sold the Pogo for $28k, that is a very large % depreciation in 16 months, the mini I think will fare much much better.
      The mini is more than just a Cooper S with a few of those goodies. It has A nice red strut brace, big brakes and recaros too.

      Seriously though, the engine has actually been warmed over for it to withstand track abuse. Aluminium block, Lighten crankshaft, strengthen pistons and cylinder, ceramic coated exhaust valves etc. Which leads me to my next point. This engine is suitable for ECU tuning for a wee bit more powah as it has been strengthen.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    33. Member R32DBPGenV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 25th, 2006
      Location
      Cambra
      Posts
      2,326
      Vehicles
      Black Merc and a Box
      09-11-2012 08:58 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      ........................This engine is suitable for ECU tuning for a wee bit more powah as it has been strengthen.

      Correct, I have already found out that there is an Evolve tune that is ready to go
      a V8 and N/A

    34. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,544
      09-11-2012 09:23 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by R32DBPGenV View Post
      Correct, I have already found out that there is an Evolve tune that is ready to go
      What sort of outputs are they quoting?
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    35. Member TMK-001's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14th, 2005
      Location
      Mt Gambier/Portland/Geelong/OnMyBike
      Posts
      10,191
      Vehicles
      BMW/Ford/Colnago/Blackhawk/DMR
      09-11-2012 09:28 PM #35
      They are quoting 5-1=4=

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •