Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2nd Interview questions

Vehicles
      97 TR jetta, 87 jetta, 81 caddy, 95 cbr600
      09-11-2012 08:34 PM #1
      I was recently called back for a second interview for a company that is offering a great position in my field. It is an entry level position for an environmental consulting/engineering firm. During the initial interview I met with 2 project managers and the president of the company for about an hour and a half. I have never been on a second interview before so I was wondering what will be different when compared to the first interview? For anybody with experience with second interviews I would like to here your experiences/input. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks
      Give wildlife a brake! 4TSQ. WV, Almost Heaven. Where are the moose? Save the Frogs!. Save the whales. I birds. Iron City

Vehicles
      09-13-2012 03:24 PM #2
      Update. Well in my case it wasn't a second interview at all, it was the president of the company telling me that there are 2 positions available and 3 candidates, including myself, left in the running out of over 250 applicants. Going to find out next week sometime if I am finally going to be employed again. The fact that it is in my field, local, has opportunities for advancement, and is with a great company is going to make the next few days feel long.
      Give wildlife a brake! 4TSQ. WV, Almost Heaven. Where are the moose? Save the Frogs!. Save the whales. I birds. Iron City

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      09-13-2012 04:43 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by deletedo1m View Post
      Update. Well in my case it wasn't a second interview at all, it was the president of the company telling me that there are 2 positions available and 3 candidates, including myself, left in the running out of over 250 applicants. Going to find out next week sometime if I am finally going to be employed again. The fact that it is in my field, local, has opportunities for advancement, and is with a great company is going to make the next few days feel long.
      Good Luck!
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Vehicles
      09-13-2012 04:47 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      Good Luck!
      Thanks.

Vehicles
      09-15-2012 01:46 PM #5
      Well they didn't make me wait too long. Got an email last night saying they are offering me a position. Can't wait to get back to work.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Wolfsburg Jetta
      09-15-2012 02:03 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by deletedo1m View Post
      Well they didn't make me wait too long. Got an email last night saying they are offering me a position. Can't wait to get back to work.
      Quote Originally Posted by winstonsmith84 View Post
      Tax? I don't mind paying state sales tax. Every time a see a pothole, a school that is falling down or a canceled essential state program, I remind myself why.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      535 members of congress plus 1 pres screwing us all the time...that's dirty pirate hooker level gang rape.

Vehicles
      09-15-2012 03:47 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Egilbe View Post
      Thanks again. The entry level positions seem to be very competitive around here due to the fact that there are few true entry level positions available (most jobs posted as "entry level" stated they were looking for 3+ years experience). I went to multiple interviews with out success and was beginning to think about relocating to find a decent job in my field. Luckily, I no longer need to think about that.