VWVortex.com - Liqui Moly Oil Forum
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Liqui Moly Oil Forum

1. 01-12-2016 12:53 PM #76
      I would like to give feedback on using MoS2 in my 2004 Passat. So far I am seeing around 3% gain in mileage in 100% city driving. If interested the details are here about my methodology:

Impact of using LiquiMoly MoS2 on fuel economy (2004 Passat) - TDIClub Forums

Also I no longer see small spots of oil from time to time on the driver side of the engine where the car gets parked (garage or driveway).

2. 01-10-2017 11:28 AM #77
      It seems this thread is dead, and it seems Liquimolyusa hasn't replied in quite some time, but if anyone has an opinion or experience using several of these, i'd love to hear it:

I've recently purchased a 2008 VW GTI with a 2.0 FSI Turbo motor @62k miles. I have decided to use Liqui Moly exclusively after doing a lot of research. Unfortunately, I have been unable to determine the optimal oil to use.

I will be using the "Liqui Moly 2037 Pro-Line Engine Flush" before my 1st oil change, and the "Liqui Moly (20002) Cera Tec Friction Modifier" in my 1st oil change, then as needed. I drive approximately 75miles a day and will be upgrading the car to approx 350hp from the 200hp stock motor. I have narrowed it down to 3 types of oil, but am stuck on the decision. Choices are:

Liqui Moly (2332) Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40
      Liqui Moly (3701) Top Tec 4100 5W-40
      Liqui Moly (2041) Synthoil Premium 5W-40

I know they are all "good oils" and meet my VW 502.00 spec. I probably couldn't go wrong using any of them, but which one is best for a modified car driven roughly, daily?

3. Member
      Vehicles
      15' GTI
      01-20-2017 12:05 PM #78
      If you look at the various VW tuning sites that sell oil change kits got GTIs. Their liquimoly kits always use Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40. I've never read anything that explains why people gravitate towards it, but that's what you'll notice most people are putting into their GTIs when they choose to go with Liquimoly.

For that reason, I decided to go with Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40 on my GTI.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234