Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 14 of 14

    Thread: WTB: cabriolet, NJ/NY/PA, $3-5k

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2011
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      177
      Vehicles
      2008 eos
      09-12-2012 09:27 AM #1
      hey guys, i've trolling thru classifieds for months now looking for a decent cabriolet. i'd like something that im not gonna have to do too much to right off the bat, considering its almost winter. running, non-leaking top and zero-minimal rust are MUSTS. id like to buy a car that someone has actually taken care of, because scrubbing ketchup stains out of the carpet is a dealbreaker. willing to spend anywhere from 3,000-5,000, but i will not pay 5k for your car worth 3k im located in central jersey, but for a clean car/good deal, ill gladly travel to eastern pennsylvania or ny to check out what you've got.

      i apologize to anyone who clicked on this thread thinking it was a for sale thread.. im well aware that wtb threads are a ****ing pain in the ass lol

      im pretty deadset on what i want, but im always interested in seeing what else is out there. let me see what you've got.. searching vortex classifieds is driving me nuts

    2. Member MtDew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 24th, 2002
      Location
      Perkasie, PA
      Posts
      2,506
      Vehicles
      81 Caddy
      09-12-2012 02:49 PM #2
      What year(s) are you interested in finding? I have a 1988 Triple White Cabby with 5speed trans I'm thinking about selling. I installed a brand new top this past spring and the Cabby stay dry even in the worst rain. I daily drive it year round. The previous owner gave me a folder filled with receipts and paperwork for just about everything since the day it was new, including the original window sticker! I have add my receipts to the folder to continue it's documentation.

      Currently the Cabby has about 83K miles. Brand new tires on the white factory snowflakes, new brakes, new wheel bearings, new shocks and struts, has a few small dings (Cabby is 24 yrs old).
      Paint still shine nice, just passed PA inspection in July with no issues.

      I'm looking for $2500

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2011
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      177
      Vehicles
      2008 eos
      09-12-2012 05:30 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by MtDew View Post
      What year(s) are you interested in finding? I have a 1988 Triple White Cabby with 5speed trans I'm thinking about selling. I installed a brand new top this past spring and the Cabby stay dry even in the worst rain. I daily drive it year round. The previous owner gave me a folder filled with receipts and paperwork for just about everything since the day it was new, including the original window sticker! I have add my receipts to the folder to continue it's documentation.

      Currently the Cabby has about 83K miles. Brand new tires on the white factory snowflakes, new brakes, new wheel bearings, new shocks and struts, has a few small dings (Cabby is 24 yrs old).
      Paint still shine nice, just passed PA inspection in July with no issues.

      I'm looking for $2500
      hmm. i actually hadnt really considered triple white, but ive seen some really nice ones. can u send me some pics? and where in pa are u located? lol, eagles or steelers?

    4. Member MtDew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 24th, 2002
      Location
      Perkasie, PA
      Posts
      2,506
      Vehicles
      81 Caddy
      09-12-2012 08:55 PM #4
      I can get some pictures on Thursday. The Cabby is unmolested. Not been lowered. About the only thing that's not stock are the window cranks and the muffler! The entire front suspension been replaced, ball jounts, inner and outer tie rods, all new motor mounts. I've been thru most of the fuel system, new injector and new injector seals, new O2 sensor. When replacing the injectors, one of the tips came loose and dropped into the cylinder. So the head was pulled, tip was retrieved, then I rebuilt the head with need gaskets and value guide seals. The motor got a new head gasket, timing belt, water pump and thermostat.

      The A/C has been removed, you could source some used parts and reinstall if you so chose.

      I'm near Allentown, PA. The Eagles side of PA. My zip is 18944 to give you a general idea where the Cabby sits.

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2011
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      177
      Vehicles
      2008 eos
      09-13-2012 09:25 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by MtDew View Post
      I can get some pictures on Thursday. The Cabby is unmolested. Not been lowered. About the only thing that's not stock are the window cranks and the muffler! The entire front suspension been replaced, ball jounts, inner and outer tie rods, all new motor mounts. I've been thru most of the fuel system, new injector and new injector seals, new O2 sensor. When replacing the injectors, one of the tips came loose and dropped into the cylinder. So the head was pulled, tip was retrieved, then I rebuilt the head with need gaskets and value guide seals. The motor got a new head gasket, timing belt, water pump and thermostat.

      The A/C has been removed, you could source some used parts and reinstall if you so chose.

      I'm near Allentown, PA. The Eagles side of PA. My zip is 18944 to give you a general idea where the Cabby sits.


      oh wow, thats awesome. no rush on the pics, ill be somewhat busy over the next 2 weeks, so i wouldnt be able to get out there until probably the first or second week of october anyway. a/c isnt important to me in the slightest lol. glad you're not too far away. ive got family in ottsville, so i have an idea of where allentown is.

    6. Member MtDew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 24th, 2002
      Location
      Perkasie, PA
      Posts
      2,506
      Vehicles
      81 Caddy
      09-13-2012 09:59 AM #6
      I'm actually allot closer to Ottsville than Allentown. I'll get the oics then in a day or so and send them to you.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2011
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      177
      Vehicles
      2008 eos
      09-13-2012 02:26 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by MtDew View Post
      I'm actually allot closer to Ottsville than Allentown. I'll get the oics then in a day or so and send them to you.

      hahh, even better : ) thanks


    8. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2011
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      177
      Vehicles
      2008 eos
      09-15-2012 09:40 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Blinddub View Post

      not bad, but i think im gonna go with the older body style.. nice build though

    9. Member MtDew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 24th, 2002
      Location
      Perkasie, PA
      Posts
      2,506
      Vehicles
      81 Caddy
      09-15-2012 09:15 PM #10
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...le-White-Cabby

      Here is the link to my 4 sale post.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2011
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      177
      Vehicles
      2008 eos
      09-16-2012 05:29 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by MtDew View Post
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...le-White-Cabby

      Here is the link to my 4 sale post.


      pm'd

    11. 09-17-2012 10:00 PM #12
      i have a fully restored 81' rabbit convertible for sale for $4200, new top, new paint, everythings redone on the car, great daily driver, needs nothing..email me at jasonabbott6@gmail.com and i can send u pics

    12. 09-17-2012 10:01 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by jabbott698 View Post
      i have a fully restored 81' rabbit convertible for sale for $4200, new top, new paint, everythings redone on the car, great daily driver, needs nothing..email me at jasonabbott6@gmail.com and i can send u pics
      oh, and i'm near allentown..Pen Argyl to be exact

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 4th, 2011
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      177
      Vehicles
      2008 eos
      10-02-2012 08:35 AM #14
      Still looking bump

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •