Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 110

    Thread: What are the best plugs in my condition?

    1. Member Freddy24's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 16th, 2011
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      1,216
      Vehicles
      2001 GTI
      09-12-2012 11:53 PM #1
      I recently purchased vag com. Finally came to count my miss fires to find a high number in each cylinder. The car is not running very well too. I am running 22psi stage 2 by gonzo, CAI, FMIC, cat back borla. Currently have E3 spark plugs which cannot be gaped i believe. What plugs do you guys run at stage 2? And what do you gap them to? Thanks
      01 GTI 10/14/11
      Gonzo Tuned
      Quote Originally Posted by boradie sucht View Post
      what good does searching do anymore? say in 2 years when new people come on and have questions and decide to search first. and then this thread pops up, when its all idiots like you telling him to search. whats the point of that, either contribute or STFU

    2. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,574
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      09-12-2012 11:59 PM #2
      gonzo tune not running correctly eh? you think it's the plugs you say?

      you could always read the FAQ in this forum the plug topic is covered
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2012
      Location
      NW Louisiana
      Posts
      272
      Vehicles
      2004 Jetta 1.8T
      09-13-2012 06:47 AM #3
      At 20psi I had a huge number of misfires on stock plugs and coils. Get a set of copper NGK BKR7E's. Like 8 bucks a set at autozone. I've always heard that it's best to run copper plugs in turbocharged applications, because non-copper plugs breaking can cause a lot of damage to your engine/turbo while copper plugs will just melt if they break. A lot of times tunes cause failing coil packs to give up as well.
      All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting.

    4. Member Freddy24's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 16th, 2011
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      1,216
      Vehicles
      2001 GTI
      09-13-2012 11:56 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
      gonzo tune not running correctly eh? you think it's the plugs you say?

      you could always read the FAQ in this forum the plug topic is covered
      Out of jokes i have came to a realization that its honestly the tune. I am not the only one with problems with gonzo, specially with the fact that i got his tune when he just came out
      01 GTI 10/14/11
      Gonzo Tuned
      Quote Originally Posted by boradie sucht View Post
      what good does searching do anymore? say in 2 years when new people come on and have questions and decide to search first. and then this thread pops up, when its all idiots like you telling him to search. whats the point of that, either contribute or STFU

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2012
      Location
      NW Louisiana
      Posts
      272
      Vehicles
      2004 Jetta 1.8T
      09-13-2012 01:49 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddy24 View Post
      Out of jokes i have came to a realization that its honestly the tune. I am not the only one with problems with gonzo, specially with the fact that i got his tune when he just came out
      What makes you think that? And what do you mean when you say the car isn't running very well? Rough idle? Problems holding boost? Misfires under boost?

      You're running spark plugs that are not ideal for 1.8t's, and you could have failing coilpacks. Your MAF could be going, or your upstream o2 sensor. You might have a boost or exhaust leak. Did you pull any codes, or log fueling or anything with VAG-COM? It's much more likely that you have a hardware problem.
      All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting.

    6. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,574
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      09-13-2012 02:44 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by thefrese View Post
      What makes you think that? And what do you mean when you say the car isn't running very well? Rough idle? Problems holding boost? Misfires under boost?

      You're running spark plugs that are not ideal for 1.8t's, and you could have failing coilpacks. Your MAF could be going, or your upstream o2 sensor. You might have a boost or exhaust leak. Did you pull any codes, or log fueling or anything with VAG-COM? It's much more likely that you have a hardware problem.
      LOL, another blame it on the hardware guy. who says he has not checked any if all these things? also, this prob isn't the 1st set of plugs he's tried. but since he asked about the plugs, let just stay there for now


      Quote Originally Posted by Freddy24 View Post
      Out of jokes i have came to a realization that its honestly the tune. I am not the only one with problems with gonzo, specially with the fact that i got his tune when he just came out
      OP, look into a set of bkr7e @ .028" gap if you have not tried that already and test for boost leaks. if that fails to solve ur prob i'd look into some real software
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2012
      Location
      NW Louisiana
      Posts
      272
      Vehicles
      2004 Jetta 1.8T
      09-13-2012 03:01 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
      LOL, another blame it on the hardware guy. who says he has not checked any if all these things? also, this prob isn't the 1st set of plugs he's tried. but since he asked about the plugs, let just stay there for now




      OP, look into a set of bkr7e @ .028" gap if you have not tried that already and test for boost leaks. if that fails to solve ur prob i'd look into some real software
      I wasn't saying it definitely wasn't software. I was trying to get more information than "it isnt running very well".
      All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting.

    8. Member Freddy24's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 16th, 2011
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      1,216
      Vehicles
      2001 GTI
      09-13-2012 03:08 PM #8
      Yes about 25 misfires in 3 cylinders when in boost. I am running e3s. Butying bkr7es now. Will post results. And i appoligize. I am just a begginer :p
      01 GTI 10/14/11
      Gonzo Tuned
      Quote Originally Posted by boradie sucht View Post
      what good does searching do anymore? say in 2 years when new people come on and have questions and decide to search first. and then this thread pops up, when its all idiots like you telling him to search. whats the point of that, either contribute or STFU

    9. 09-13-2012 05:28 PM #9
      How can anyone with logic blame software for the way a car with 25 counts of misfire while in boost is running????

      OP, fix the eye-poking problem and all other mechanical issues then you can talk about software. I have helped countess TT owners with their "weird" issues that seems to plague most 1.8t cars. In all honesty, 99% of them had hardware or mechanical issues. The cluster f*** over engineered vacuum system, failing electronics and unhealthy sensors are usually to blame and software upgrades only magnify underlying problems.

      Tom, it is becoming obvious that you're carrying a personal vendetta against anything with the name Gonzo, regardless of it having anything to do with the problem. It's seriously getting old and you need to let it go, I don't think you'll be in the market for any of his products ever, so put the bashing campaign to rest because it's tasteless. I'll admit, I have been hard on him in the past (we all ride the new kid on the block, but as mature adults move on overtime), and mostly because he kind of stepped away from engaging in debated tech topics (I don't blame him when he's constantly walking on egg shells).

      We are all part of community that has been long abandonned by the names that are constantly praised (especially in terms of software). When there is someone bringing options and making an attempt to have innovative features added to his offerings, there should be a certain level of respect. IMO, the APR, Revo, and Unitronics should be the ones to bash because they made it clear that they could care less about us.

      To give you an example, I have a generic "stage tune" from one of these "reputable companies" and to be truthful I'm not particularly impressed or care about it. With my own resources, I took over boost control mechanically, and fueling and timing via open adaptation channels (works pretty well considering my fuel, boost and timing requirements). However I needed more (we always do), I desperately needed some form of launch control and also get rid of the frustrating throttle cut with brake overlap. Well, none of the so called big names could help me (believe me they were all contacted by their own dealers requesting the favor on my behalf). Guess who came to the rescue and delivered? Gonzo Tuning! In 30 minutes, while sitting in the comfort of my garage, my file was read, modified, flashed and operational. All this, done remotely and using my VCDS cable. I know at this point, you're probably saying "cool story bro" because it's a success story with Gonzo associated to it. However, chatting with the guy revealed that he has enough understanding of the ME7 logic to come up with a sound strategy for fueling and boost control (if you don't know, these two are the real challenge in tuning our Bosh ECU and anyone with a brain can raise preset limits and optimize timing). I have a few things in mind in the future for my car, which I will probably take care of personally with open sourced tools like WinOls and NefMoto; but guess who will be my choice if I ever feel lazy or short on time to play with things: Gonzo Tuning.

      To end my rant, I learned to let go and gave the guy a fair chance to prove his worth. I'm not saying you should be calling Gonzo for help, but at least be mature enough to give the next guy a fair chance of making his own decision without having you, negatively attached to every thread with the word Gonzo. BTW Tom, I still have nothing but love for you but I'm the kind that will tell you what everyone else is thinking. Here is a few of your favorites

    10. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,574
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      09-13-2012 06:02 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Aurelius View Post
      How can anyone with logic blame software for the way a car with 25 counts of misfire while in boost is running????

      OP, fix the eye-poking problem and all other mechanical issues then you can talk about software. I have helped countess TT owners with their "weird" issues that seems to plague most 1.8t cars. In all honesty, 99% of them had hardware or mechanical issues. The cluster f*** over engineered vacuum system, failing electronics and unhealthy sensors are usually to blame and software upgrades only magnify underlying problems.

      Tom, it is becoming obvious that you're carrying a personal vendetta against anything with the name Gonzo, regardless of it having anything to do with the problem. It's seriously getting old and you need to let it go, I don't think you'll be in the market for any of his products ever, so put the bashing campaign to rest because it's tasteless. I'll admit, I have been hard on him in the past (we all ride the new kid on the block, but as mature adults move on overtime), and mostly because he kind of stepped away from engaging in debated tech topics (I don't blame him when he's constantly walking on egg shells).

      We are all part of community that has been long abandonned by the names that are constantly praised (especially in terms of software). When there is someone bringing options and making an attempt to have innovative features added to his offerings, there should be a certain level of respect. IMO, the APR, Revo, and Unitronics should be the ones to bash because they made it clear that they could care less about us.

      To give you an example, I have a generic "stage tune" from one of these "reputable companies" and to be truthful I'm not particularly impressed or care about it. With my own resources, I took over boost control mechanically, and fueling and timing via open adaptation channels (works pretty well considering my fuel, boost and timing requirements). However I needed more (we always do), I desperately needed some form of launch control and also get rid of the frustrating throttle cut with brake overlap. Well, none of the so called big names could help me (believe me they were all contacted by their own dealers requesting the favor on my behalf). Guess who came to the rescue and delivered? Gonzo Tuning! In 30 minutes, while sitting in the comfort of my garage, my file was read, modified, flashed and operational. All this, done remotely and using my VCDS cable. I know at this point, you're probably saying "cool story bro" because it's a success story with Gonzo associated to it. However, chatting with the guy revealed that he has enough understanding of the ME7 logic to come up with a sound strategy for fueling and boost control (if you don't know, these two are the real challenge in tuning our Bosh ECU and anyone with a brain can raise preset limits and optimize timing). I have a few things in mind in the future for my car, which I will probably take care of personally with open sourced tools like WinOls and NefMoto; but guess who will be my choice if I ever feel lazy or short on time to play with things: Gonzo Tuning.

      To end my rant, I learned to let go and gave the guy a fair chance to prove his worth. I'm not saying you should be calling Gonzo for help, but at least be mature enough to give the next guy a fair chance of making his own decision without having you, negatively attached to every thread with the word Gonzo. BTW Tom, I still have nothing but love for you but I'm the kind that will tell you what everyone else is thinking. Here is a few of your favorites
      I did no real serious gonzo bashing here also i did offer the obvious help of getting the correct plugs w/ gap and checking for boost leaks. so because i said get some "real" software after doing those things you say thats bashing. i say gonzo anything and you boys get mad. meh, you get over it you can go buy gonzo tunes if you want it's a free country pal
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    11. Member Freddy24's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 16th, 2011
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      1,216
      Vehicles
      2001 GTI
      09-13-2012 06:02 PM #11
      Thanks for the story now anyways. I replaced the plugs with some ngk's and the car is misfiring under boost. However not a single misfire is detected when im driving in vaccum
      01 GTI 10/14/11
      Gonzo Tuned
      Quote Originally Posted by boradie sucht View Post
      what good does searching do anymore? say in 2 years when new people come on and have questions and decide to search first. and then this thread pops up, when its all idiots like you telling him to search. whats the point of that, either contribute or STFU

    12. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,574
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      09-13-2012 06:07 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddy24 View Post
      Thanks for the story now anyways. I replaced the plugs with some ngk's and the car is misfiring under boost. However not a single misfire is detected when im driving in vaccum
      hope u get it worked out freddy
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    13. 09-13-2012 06:21 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddy24 View Post
      Thanks for the story now anyways. I replaced the plugs with some ngk's and the car is misfiring under boost. However not a single misfire is detected when im driving in vaccum
      Most coil failures will appear under boost. Make sure you don't have any boost leaks or vacuum leaks.
      4 things can cause misfiring: Coil, Plugs, fueling issues and leaks (vacuum or boost).
      Last edited by jbutlertelecom; 09-20-2012 at 01:40 PM.
      "I am for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for Justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole" - Malcom X

    14. 09-13-2012 06:39 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddy24 View Post
      Thanks for the story now anyways. I replaced the plugs with some ngk's and the car is misfiring under boost. However not a single misfire is detected when im driving in vaccum
      Have you confirmed the coils health? You said that 3 cylinders are misfiring, how about swapping one of the misfiring coilpacks with the one in the cylinder without misfire to see if the misfire moves with the coil.

      To properly diagnose this, you'd also need to investigate your coilpack harness as it is not unusual for them to fail as well with age and the heat from the turbo.


      This is what my coilpack harness looked like at 68k and it's not an anomaly








    15. 09-13-2012 09:16 PM #15
      You should do what Max is suggesting and move the non misfiring cylinder coil pack to a different cylinder and see if the misfire goes away. Check the coil pack harness also and you can't go wrong pressure testing the system for leaks as well...if you've never done this before then you probably will find a few leaks. If your riding on some old coils you may just need new coils.

      Here is a way to pressure test for leaks...
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2692757

      If you have no access to a air compressor to check for leaks we can guide you thru that as well...

    16. Member Freddy24's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 16th, 2011
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      1,216
      Vehicles
      2001 GTI
      09-14-2012 09:02 AM #16
      thank you all for the responses. the problems were the plugs. the car was still running pretty bad with the new plugs. but after a good 20 minute drive the motor started running smooth. car has 1 misfire maybe in 3 hours drive now. however, also thanks for telling me about the coil pack wiring. mine look pretty bad as well. :/ any good sources to get replacements?
      01 GTI 10/14/11
      Gonzo Tuned
      Quote Originally Posted by boradie sucht View Post
      what good does searching do anymore? say in 2 years when new people come on and have questions and decide to search first. and then this thread pops up, when its all idiots like you telling him to search. whats the point of that, either contribute or STFU

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2012
      Location
      NW Louisiana
      Posts
      272
      Vehicles
      2004 Jetta 1.8T
      09-14-2012 10:01 AM #17
      http://www.ecstuning.com/ES7679/

      Put something heat resistant around it
      All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting.

    18. 09-14-2012 11:01 AM #18
      There is also a good DIY on coil pack harness replacement.

    19. 09-14-2012 12:35 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddy24 View Post
      thank you all for the responses. the problems were the plugs. the car was still running pretty bad with the new plugs. but after a good 20 minute drive the motor started running smooth. car has 1 misfire maybe in 3 hours drive now. however, also thanks for telling me about the coil pack wiring. mine look pretty bad as well. :/ any good sources to get replacements?
      Glad you got your car running better!

      like I said, 99% of the time it's going to be something mechanical causing weird operation... but I'm sure the anti-Gonzo gestapo has a different opinion

    20. 09-14-2012 01:28 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Aurelius View Post
      I'm sure the anti-Gonzo gestapo has a different opinion

      Gonzo takes a ton of sh_t and maybe deserves some however one time I was having problems with a file and Gonzo came out of no where and offered to alter the file and help out free of charge. You can't hate on that.

    21. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,574
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      09-14-2012 01:49 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Aurelius View Post
      Glad you got your car running better!

      like I said, 99% of the time it's going to be something mechanical causing weird operation... but I'm sure the anti-Gonzo gestapo has a different opinion
      all jokes aside... be clear, i did point him in the right direction with the FAQ before any of you. and then later just spoon fed the plug info to him and that solved him problem according to what he said. don't over look that... now about this gonzo tune $hit, i couldn't give less a fukc about what gonzo is doing at his "shop", behind the scenes, whatever u wanna call it. the only things i am interested in are dyno figures. i still have not seen anyone other than dmvdub post a dyno

      Thats absurd considering the number of customers he's had... what's even more absurd that he himself has not posted one by now a lot of you are way too easy to please I look forward to seeing 2600whp gonzo tuning racecars running 3's in the 1/4


      Freddy since ur car runs great now are you up for it? that's all i'm going to say
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 2011
      Location
      Allentown, PA
      Posts
      337
      Vehicles
      02 VW jetta GLS 1.8t
      09-14-2012 05:12 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
      all jokes aside... be clear, i did point him in the right direction with the FAQ before any of you. and then later just spoon fed the plug info to him and that solved him problem according to what he said. don't over look that... now about this gonzo tune $hit, i couldn't give less a fukc about what gonzo is doing at his "shop", behind the scenes, whatever u wanna call it. the only things i am interested in are dyno figures. i still have not seen anyone other than dmvdub post a dyno

      Thats absurd considering the number of customers he's had... what's even more absurd that he himself has not posted one by now a lot of you are way too easy to please I look forward to seeing 2600whp gonzo tuning racecars running 3's in the 1/4


      Freddy since ur car runs great now are you up for it? that's all i'm going to say
      I'd be happy to have my car put on a dyno if someone would be willing to pay up the cash for it for me. I have no interest in doing a dyno on my car just to do it on my buck.

      But I regress. If anyone wants to see what his 2+ tune is doing with a 3"TBE CAI 4bar fpr and 2.0t coils and the stock IC. By all means send me a pm and well make it happen somehow.

    23. Member Big_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 19th, 2007
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      12,574
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      09-14-2012 05:55 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by BoostedGLS0218 View Post
      I'd be happy to have my car put on a dyno if someone would be willing to pay up the cash for it for me. I have no interest in doing a dyno on my car just to do it on my buck.

      But I regress. If anyone wants to see what his 2+ tune is doing with a 3"TBE CAI 4bar fpr and 2.0t coils and the stock IC. By all means send me a pm and well make it happen somehow.
      $50 or $60 is not that much money. be real now, if you can afford to buy all that stuff for your car you should be able to afford 1 dyno. if you don't care about knowing if the things you pay for are worthwhile, that's another story no harm no foul
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

    24. Member Freddy24's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 16th, 2011
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      1,216
      Vehicles
      2001 GTI
      09-15-2012 05:04 PM #24
      The problem came back.... Im replacing the wires in a week. With that, plugs, wires, an coils will be done. Vag scan always gives bank 1 lean. I will post a scan asap.
      01 GTI 10/14/11
      Gonzo Tuned
      Quote Originally Posted by boradie sucht View Post
      what good does searching do anymore? say in 2 years when new people come on and have questions and decide to search first. and then this thread pops up, when its all idiots like you telling him to search. whats the point of that, either contribute or STFU

    25. Forum Sponsor Gonzo@GTS Performance's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 20th, 2011
      Posts
      2,310
      Vehicles
      83 Rabbit TDI, 99.5 Jetta TDI BT, 88 Cabby TDI BT
      09-15-2012 06:23 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by Freddy24 View Post
      Vag scan always gives bank 1 lean.
      Well what does that tell you?

      You need to take logs. Your fuel pump might be taking a dump.
      Last edited by Gonzo@GTS Performance; 09-15-2012 at 06:30 PM.
      Gonzo - Team Leader @ TUNEDBYGTS.com - Facebook! - 1-888-853-9703
      The Most Advanced Performance Software and Hardware for your VW/Audi - 1.8T, TDI, VR6, R32, 2.0T, TSI, TFSI, 2.7T
      Quote Originally Posted by doug@frankenturbo.com View Post
      removal of the FrankenTurbo's actuator and replacement with a third-party's hardware voids the turbocharger's 2-year "warranty" [sic]

    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •