Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 12 of 12

    Thread: Hybrid emblem

    1. Member TIGSEL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 22nd, 2011
      Location
      California
      Posts
      773
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2012 Touareg Hybrid
      09-13-2012 01:54 AM #1
      Every picture I look at I see a "Hybrid" emblem on the front grill, for some reason my 2012 doesn't have one. Am I missing one or the 2012's didn't get them?
      My build thread:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...L-build-thread

      Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...

    2. Member Denker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2010
      Posts
      109
      Vehicles
      2005 V8 Touareg, 2008 3.6 4Motion Wagon, 2005 S4 Cab
      09-17-2012 02:02 PM #2
      "That's not smog. That's smug."

      If you don't know the reference then I guess you don't know what I'm trying to say here.

      Goes along with VW's "low ego emissions" for not rubbing your "eco-friendly" stance in everyone's face. Unless that is of course you're "just doing my part."

    3. Member Nek76's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2008
      Location
      Mexico
      Posts
      164
      Vehicles
      08 GLI SOLD and Touareg v6 2012/A3(MQB) Hatchback
      09-26-2012 11:25 PM #3
      is there a bluemotion emblem for touareg? or ECO ?

    4. Member Yeti35's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2006
      Location
      SL, UT
      Posts
      1,951
      Vehicles
      2010 V6 TDI Touareg
      09-27-2012 08:47 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Nek76 View Post
      is there a bluemotion emblem for touareg? or ECO ?
      No, the TDI just has a blue I to let you know it is a clean diesel.

    5. Member gwernerjr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2011
      Location
      Richmond VA
      Posts
      692
      Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      10-11-2012 05:11 PM #5
      It's supposed to have it that's weird

      im sure it just clips in

      go to the dealer and ask for them to order it

      every brochure has one

      and every one for sale has one

      they also have badging on the rear doors trunk and on the wood by the shifter in case you forgot

    6. Member TIGSEL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 22nd, 2011
      Location
      California
      Posts
      773
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2012 Touareg Hybrid
      10-13-2012 02:24 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by gwernerjr View Post
      It's supposed to have it that's weird

      im sure it just clips in

      go to the dealer and ask for them to order it


      every brochure has one

      and every one for sale has one

      they also have badging on the rear doors trunk and on the wood by the shifter in case you forgot
      Exactly what I did. I also called VWoA and they agreed to pay for it via gift certificate. The only problem is the bracket is not available anywhere and needed to be ordered from Germany, 3-4 weeks wait time.
      My build thread:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...L-build-thread

      Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...

    7. Member gwernerjr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2011
      Location
      Richmond VA
      Posts
      692
      Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      10-13-2012 02:50 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by TIGSEL View Post
      Exactly what I did. I also called VWoA and they agreed to pay for it via gift certificate. The only problem is the bracket is not available anywhere and needed to be ordered from Germany, 3-4 weeks wait time.
      Out of curiosity what did it cost? And what was their excuse for not putting it on the 60k$ car?

    8. Member TIGSEL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 22nd, 2011
      Location
      California
      Posts
      773
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2012 Touareg Hybrid
      10-13-2012 05:29 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by gwernerjr View Post
      Out of curiosity what did it cost? And what was their excuse for not putting it on the 60k$ car?
      Bracket and lettering with 20% discount was around $70.00. I bought this car from a dealer 250 miles away and did not notice that the emblem was missing until next day. Must've been ripped off by some vandals while on the lot. The selling dealer did offer to pay for it but VWoA beat them to it, lol.

      Do you own a hybrid?
      My build thread:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...L-build-thread

      Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...

    9. Member gwernerjr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2011
      Location
      Richmond VA
      Posts
      692
      Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      10-13-2012 08:33 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by TIGSEL View Post
      Bracket and lettering with 20% discount was around $70.00. I bought this car from a dealer 250 miles away and did not notice that the emblem was missing until next day. Must've been ripped off by some vandals while on the lot. The selling dealer did offer to pay for it but VWoA beat them to it, lol.

      Do you own a hybrid?
      I have a beetle turbo, my next car will hopefully be a jetta hybrid. I can only dream of getting a touareg hybrid right now im only 23! One day though!

    10. Member TIGSEL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 22nd, 2011
      Location
      California
      Posts
      773
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2012 Touareg Hybrid
      10-14-2012 12:32 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by gwernerjr View Post
      I have a beetle turbo, my next car will hopefully be a jetta hybrid. I can only dream of getting a touareg hybrid right now im only 23! One day though!
      I'll trade my Hybrid for your age any day, lol. Beetle turbo is not a bad start either!
      My build thread:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...L-build-thread

      Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...

    11. Member gwernerjr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2011
      Location
      Richmond VA
      Posts
      692
      Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      10-14-2012 11:27 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by TIGSEL View Post
      I'll trade my Hybrid for your age any day, lol. Beetle turbo is not a bad start either!
      Can i see some pics of your 12 Reg? I'm slightly obsessed. And they have led tails and led license plate lights plus vavona wood for 13 which makes me love the reg even more

    12. Member TIGSEL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 22nd, 2011
      Location
      California
      Posts
      773
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2012 Touareg Hybrid
      10-16-2012 09:33 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by gwernerjr View Post
      Can i see some pics of your 12 Reg? I'm slightly obsessed. And they have led tails and led license plate lights plus vavona wood for 13 which makes me love the reg even more
      See here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...8#post79375658

      I'll take some more (better quality) later.
      My build thread:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...L-build-thread

      Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •