Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: Alpine KCE-300BT Blutooth Adapter

1. 09-13-2012 06:55 PM #1
      I pulled out my Alpine IDA-X001 to sell and forgot to post this on here too. I used it to stream Pandora and ESPN Radio to my receiver every day to/from work....works perfect! Can make/receive calls with the mic too. $50obo Have no need now that I do not have an Alpine, so make an offer

Features

Overview: The Alpine KCE-300BT Bluetooth Interface allows you to make and receive calls on your Bluetooth-equipped cellular telephone through select 2007-up Alpine head units. The interface includes a microphone and the other party's voice is played through the stereo speakers.

Bluetooth Hands-Free Telephone Feature: With this interface you can place, answer, and end a call without touching your phone.

Compatibility: The Alpine KCE-300BT is compatible with the Apple iPhone, BlackBerry as well as select Bluetooth compatible mobile phones from Audiovox, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Palm, Samsung, Sanyo, Siemens, and Sony Ericsson. Please visit http://www.alpine-usa.com for a complete specific listing of compatible Bluetooth mobile phones.

Pairing: Your phone must be paired with the KCE-300BT before it will work. Up to five devices can be paired to the adapter at once; numbered 1-4, plus Guest Mode. The Guest Mode is for temporary pairing; that device is deleted when the ignition is turned off.

Placing Calls: The exact feature package varies based on the Alpine head unit and your phone model; generally the following are available:

Redial: press the phone button within 5 seconds of ending a call
      Call History: previously dialed numbers can be retrieved and dialed from memory
      Received Calls: retrieve and dial someone who called you
      Missed Calls: dial a number from the missed call log
      Phonebook: up to 1,000 entries can be downloaded from your phone

Receiving Calls: When you receive a call, the caller ID information is displayed on the head unit. You can set the phone, or KCE-300BT to answer the call automatically. If you prefer answering manually, it only requires pressing the phone button.

Mute: When you make or receive a call, the audio from the stereo is muted. When using the Bluetooth interface, no other device can be used with the mute (interrupt) function.

iPod: Although the KCE-300BT uses the iPod Full Speed jack on the head unit, a second Full Speed jack on the interface allows connection of your iPod also.

Bluetooth Streaming Audio: You can also listen to streaming audio from your phone or other Bluetooth audio devices through the interface. Some devices with streaming audio functionality also have command and control protocols, allowing you to use the head unit's buttons for play, pause, previous track, and next track commands.

Note: The Apple iPhone does not stream music audio wirelessly through Bluetooth.

Microphone: The supplied microphone allows you to speak to the other party on the telephone call hands-free. The microphone comes with clips and hardware for a variety of mounting options. Microphone dimensions:

Diameter: 0.548"
      Length: 1.327"
      Cable Length: 10'

Bluetooth Specifications:

Version: Bluetooth 1.1
      Output Power: +4 dB max (power class 2)
      Profiles:
      HFP: Hands Free Profile
      HSP: Head Set Profile
      A2DP: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile
      AVRCP: Audio/Video Remote Control Profile

Vehicles
      tooooo many dubs
      09-15-2012 02:12 PM #2
      Is this still available and all necessary cords included? If so I'll snag it from ya...

3. 09-17-2012 06:46 PM #3
      Yes, it is still available. I have the mic cable, the cable to the head unit, and the power. I will PM you too

4. 09-20-2012 01:28 PM #4
      Have not heard back from Dragonfeye....still available

5. 09-27-2012 06:03 PM #5
      ttt...make an offer

6. 10-30-2012 02:39 AM #6
      I'm interested. I'm curious why it says that the iPhone doesn't stream audio through bluetooth--that may have been the case with early iPhones, but I would think that current ones do stream audio. Have you tried it with any of the newer iPhones?

EDIT: Looking at the specs, it looks like the newer iPhones should work! I'll buy it.