Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Fluid filter change how often and name brands???????

Vehicles
      03 Jetta 2.slow
      09-16-2012 01:17 PM #1
      Just wondering how often ppl here change the 01M fluid/filter? Also what is a good brand filter? I've been looking at Meyle and others? I assume they don't all include a outer gasket, I probably want one that includes it. This one is super cheap...http://www.ebay.com/itm/GK-INDUSTRIE...f6e813&vxp=mtr Got the fluid covered using Pentosin

Vehicles
      85 Jetta TD sold 2001 Jetta Tdi, 2000 Jetta Tdi
      09-18-2012 12:50 PM #2
      I would almost garentee thats a chinese filter (based on the price).

while aftermarket gaskets are usually ok, (dont forget to change the spacers that are in the bolt holes from the old gasket to the new), I really prefer OEM Filters (meyle or mann) which is what I sell in my filter kit.

How often?? since vw doesn't give a service interval (which is bologna), this is simply opinion. Ask 10 folks youll get 10 answers, but 30,000 to 50,000 is what I would suggest.
      Auto trans fluid change or flush will not make a trans fail. Stop spreading the wives tale/urban myth.
      ASE Master Certified Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Rating Recently passed ASE certification for Light Diesel repair.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com

3. 09-21-2012 04:53 AM #3
      I've only used Meyle and Mann filters along with Pentosin, Febi and now Redline ATF on my '01 NB 01M trans. Change interval depends on driving habit and condition. My NB is a daily driver and sees about 45-55% traffic and 17500mi per year. I've changed (drain & refill) the ATF & filter every 45-50k. Currently it has 206xxx miles.