Sold. Thanks for the interest.
The MSW's $600 and RA's $400 are still for sale though
Its Time, I hate seeing it sit outside all summer. But it has been stored inside each winter that I have had it. There is a whole lot of me is in this car, you can read the whole story here:
In a nut shell, the price will depend on what goes with the car.
The basic bottom line is around $4,500 or up to as much as $6,500 if you want it all. Not counting the bumpers. They will cost an extra $800 They will live on when I put them on the "Decade" if they don't sell.
I bought the car at 52,000miles and have 95,000 on it now. Its been about 30-35k since the engine/tranny rebuild.
The entire car is original paint. And yes, the Lipstick red interior is original and damn nearly perfect. The front fenders have rust holes through the bottom behind the wheels. There are a couple of dents I inherited on the left front and rear fender lips and some surface rust at the bottom of the doors. The paint has developed the patina patchy look. The floor is perfect. I really went over it when we did the stainless exhaust and it was up in the air all day. I also cracked loose the fuel pump bracket nuts and they all came loose without destroying the rubber. That is pretty amazing!!!!!
My wifee backed up into the front bumper and pushed it up against the front core support. The support is dented. My wife is still alive, I did not kill her.
This car could use a paint job or just keep rocking it with the patina it has. Its only original once!
I will be driving it to H2O in two weeks, and can be prepared to come home without it. I would not hesitate to drive it cross country.
Items up for discussion:
1. Set red steel 5"x13" rims with chrome trim rings with tall 155/80 13's for highway travel
2. Set red steel 5 1/2"" x 13" rims with 175/50 13's Sumotomo's
3. Set red custom OZ MSW's 6 1/2" x 15" with 165/45 15's Federal Formosa FD1's with custom hubcaps I made from scratch. The "RedWow" could be filled in and repainted. Although I do not care in the least if you keep calling the car RedWow. Hell, the Bucket would still be the bucket no matter who owns it.
4. Set red BBS RA's6" x 15" with center caps. Freshly powder coated and polished lips.
5. I will not let the bumpers go for less than an extra $800 I will still use them on the "Decade" project if you do not want them. I have the original chrome bumpers.
6. Original full hubcaps. Shown here the way I bought the car.
7. Set of "MoonEye" 13" wheel covers
8. Can't forget the Red mudflaps can we?
9. Also up for discussion is the Bike rack.
I have done a complete 1.8GTI engine and gearbox swap. It was a 1.6 Automatic. The head has been ported and polished with 272degree cam and +1mm. valves with the smaller 7mm. valve stems. I totally rebuilt the Audi 400 throttle body. And both the exhaust and intake manifolds have been ported and cleaned up inside. The pistons are the high compression pistons from an 85 GTI. It has a lightened flywheel, new Alternator, starter, radiator, and all the stuff you replace when doing a total rebuild.
The GTI short gear gearbox has been totally rebuild with a tall .75 fifth gear. Even found a perfect Lipstick Red shift boot when I did the Automatic to Stick shift conversion. The steering rack is a GTI rack.
Josh at NLS and I fabricated a stainless steel exhaust with "V" bans. Sounds great.
Jeff at Global Garage installed a Scirroco tach last winter to replace the clock. I still have the clock,
The suspension has Weitec coilovers, Ball joint spacers, and flipped tie rods. Does not have any sway bars, and doesn't need them. I have AutoCrossed it and it is awesome on the Sumotomos.
This is what I found when I replaced the windshield and chrome trim. Well, nothing, zero rust!!!
And more important than anything else. I got the privilege to park right next to the famous Brosiah's '77 bunny.