Update : Would trade for Jetta TDI/4cyl turbo with 5/6speed manual
2003 VW Passat GLX 4motion
2.8l V6 (ATQ)
Black leather, heated, power seats (both driver and passenger are power)
78,xxx miles (will rise since it's my daily driver)
I bought the car a few months ago cuz I needed a ride and couldn't pass it up with the miles. But I've found that I just cannot handle the automatic transmission or not having boost. The car is completely stock.
Recent maintenance :
- Rear brake pads
- Air filter
- Valve cover gaskets are getting replaced next weekend (9/22)
- Just changed the oil with full synthetic
The good stuffs :
- The car is AWD!
- I have a full set of keys for the car. (2 fobs and valet)
- Car was very well maintained by the previous owner(s)
- Always filled up with 91 octane (highest available where I live)
- Has steering wheel controls for the radio and cruise (I thought that was awesome, haha)
The bad things :
- The trim strip on the outside of the drivers side rear door is missing the chrome
- Front and rear bumper have a couple minor blemishes from the previous owner (an elderly lady).
- The windshield has a couple chips
- Driver side rear window has the broken pin, so the window doesn't roll down. The motor and regulator are fine, the glass just isn't mounted to the bracket like it should be.
The car overall is a really sound and fun car. It's just not my cup of tea since I like to tinker with things and I REALLY miss having a manual transmission with boost. I'm getting about 18-20mpg out of the car around town. The farthest I drive is 2.5 miles one way. I did a 6 hour trip in July and was getting 24mpg at 75-80mph.
There is a lien on the car since I required financing to purchase the car. I'd either like to sell the car outright or try to trade straight across for a car of equal value. It books for decent value on kbb.com at around $8,100
Price : $7,950 obo
Last edited by bmx_a4; 10-03-2012 at 04:05 PM.
2000 A4 1.8TQM - Sold
1998 A4 2.8 - Totalled
Current - 2000 S4 Brilliant Black