Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Vag-com not working properly.

1. 09-17-2012 08:23 PM #1
      OK so I have the Hex-can-usb cord I bought new from ross-tech. I have not used it in a while and just scanned my 2002 A6, 3.0 tip, Q.
      I checked for any upgrades to the programming, and did a firmware update. Went to scan and All i get is a interface check screen.

It says as follows...

X interface status=0

Interface not ready!
      possible reasons:
      incorrect com port selected------I tested this and saved it
      Interface not plugged in----- had green light on obd connector and connected to the laptop port.
      Ignition not turned on---Key was in the on/run position
      K-line stuck----No clue???
      firmware update needed----Started off dand completed a firmware update at the start.

For more details, use TEST on options screen...

Now just before this screen popped up. Vag-com completed a scan on the engine and then the trans. Then the above screen pops up, and cant go any farther.

it is VCDS release 11.11.4 , and running on windows vista.

Unfortunatly I am not a computer geek, so need good direction as to how to correct this issue.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

2. Forum Sponsor Santos@Ross-Tech.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2008 GTI
      09-18-2012 09:14 AM #2
      What color is the LED on the interface when plugged in? .

What are the results for K1, K2 when you click [options] [ test]?
      VCDS Diagnostic System For VW/AUDI/SEAT/Skoda/Bentley
      www.Ross-Tech.com

3. 09-18-2012 11:22 AM #3
      LED was green, I will try again tonight. And will test K1 & K2 and follow up with results.

4. 09-19-2012 08:54 PM #4
      As mentioned, the LED was green, and after running the test. Both K1 and K2 show OK. Now after the screen shows up, i try to rescan the car. A error message comes up saying in not connected/pluggedinto the car. But I am actually and the green LED is lit up.

Vehicles
      Too Many
      09-20-2012 01:05 PM #5
      Try this:

-Uwe-
      VCDS® -- Satisfaction guaranteed or double your fault codes back!
      I reserve the right to be a prick if people make unreasonable demands.

Vehicles
      2012 Platinum Grey Metallic GLI Audobahn w/ Nav DSG
      09-23-2012 10:23 PM #6
      Have you has any luck? My Ross tech vcds has been acting up ever since I updated to 11.11.4 software. I've tries everything I can think of but it just keeps saying Usb interface not found when I try to test and save under options.

Sent from my GNex using Tapatalk 2
      HEX-USB+CAN Interface Vag com southern new jersey

7. 09-24-2012 03:39 AM #7
      I can say that after last few updates, VCDS is more complicate to operate. For example in long past - sofware was more stable. Now more time software is frozen, WInXp or Win7, it's hard to close VCDS.exe from Windows process (hard reset) need to reset whole PC, re-plug from USB and (or) from CAR not helping.
      In never happen before
      My 2nd one with COM interface working little bit better, but close Software from (alst + ctrl+del) when is froze is also very hard even impossible.
      Activate needle illumination in ALL MICRONAS cluster since 2004 up to 2010. Activate STAGING for all NEC cluster since 2008 even if not availabe in adaptation chanel.

8. 09-29-2012 05:46 PM #8
      OK so little update.

I decided to try on mine on a audi A3, it scanned the entire system no problems.
      This was a 2007 A3, but tried again and same thing wont go past the transmission scan. I even did a module scan, did the engine, scanned no problem at first. Then before I can click on measuring blocks it stops. a message saying something like controler not connetected . unfortunatly my laptop shut down due to low battery, wife pluged it in and went to use it before I could double check the message.

car runs but has a misfire , but when i try to scan, i get error messages and cant go any farther.

James K.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW Tiguan
      09-30-2012 10:17 PM #9
      Since you indicate you are licensed, registered HEX+CAN owner, may I suggest that you call us when you are in the car with your PC? Tech support hours are 9a-1p and 2-6p EDT, Mon-Fri.

Vehicles
      2012 Platinum Grey Metallic GLI Audobahn w/ Nav DSG
      10-01-2012 05:24 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by bearthebruce View Post
      Since you indicate you are licensed, registered HEX+CAN owner, may I suggest that you call us when you are in the car with your PC? Tech support hours are 9a-1p and 2-6p EDT, Mon-Fri.
      I agree I called last Tuesday talked to Dana at Ross tech realized my cable was the problem. I mailed it wens and got my new warranted cable on sat. Awesome service!!!!!

Sent from my GNex using Tapatalk 2
      HEX-USB+CAN Interface Vag com southern new jersey