Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Vag-com not working properly.

1. 09-17-2012 08:23 PM #1
      OK so I have the Hex-can-usb cord I bought new from ross-tech. I have not used it in a while and just scanned my 2002 A6, 3.0 tip, Q.
      I checked for any upgrades to the programming, and did a firmware update. Went to scan and All i get is a interface check screen.

It says as follows...

X interface status=0

Interface not ready!
      possible reasons:
      incorrect com port selected------I tested this and saved it
      Interface not plugged in----- had green light on obd connector and connected to the laptop port.
      Ignition not turned on---Key was in the on/run position
      K-line stuck----No clue???
      firmware update needed----Started off dand completed a firmware update at the start.

For more details, use TEST on options screen...

Now just before this screen popped up. Vag-com completed a scan on the engine and then the trans. Then the above screen pops up, and cant go any farther.

it is VCDS release 11.11.4 , and running on windows vista.

Unfortunatly I am not a computer geek, so need good direction as to how to correct this issue.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

2. Forum Sponsor Santos@Ross-Tech.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2008 GTI
      09-18-2012 09:14 AM #2
      What color is the LED on the interface when plugged in? .

What are the results for K1, K2 when you click [options] [ test]?
      VCDS Diagnostic System For VW/AUDI/SEAT/Skoda/Bentley
      www.Ross-Tech.com

3. 09-18-2012 11:22 AM #3
      LED was green, I will try again tonight. And will test K1 & K2 and follow up with results.

4. 09-19-2012 08:54 PM #4
      As mentioned, the LED was green, and after running the test. Both K1 and K2 show OK. Now after the screen shows up, i try to rescan the car. A error message comes up saying in not connected/pluggedinto the car. But I am actually and the green LED is lit up.

Vehicles
      Too Many
      09-20-2012 01:05 PM #5
      Try this:

-Uwe-
      VCDS® -- Satisfaction guaranteed or double your fault codes back!
      I reserve the right to be a prick if people make unreasonable demands.

Vehicles
      2012 Platinum Grey Metallic GLI Audobahn w/ Nav DSG
      09-23-2012 10:23 PM #6
      Have you has any luck? My Ross tech vcds has been acting up ever since I updated to 11.11.4 software. I've tries everything I can think of but it just keeps saying Usb interface not found when I try to test and save under options.

Sent from my GNex using Tapatalk 2
      HEX-USB+CAN Interface Vag com southern new jersey

7. 09-24-2012 03:39 AM #7
      I can say that after last few updates, VCDS is more complicate to operate. For example in long past - sofware was more stable. Now more time software is frozen, WInXp or Win7, it's hard to close VCDS.exe from Windows process (hard reset) need to reset whole PC, re-plug from USB and (or) from CAR not helping.
      In never happen before
      My 2nd one with COM interface working little bit better, but close Software from (alst + ctrl+del) when is froze is also very hard even impossible.
      Keylessgo in my car finally made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b40w8xfera4

8. 09-29-2012 05:46 PM #8
      OK so little update.

I decided to try on mine on a audi A3, it scanned the entire system no problems.
      This was a 2007 A3, but tried again and same thing wont go past the transmission scan. I even did a module scan, did the engine, scanned no problem at first. Then before I can click on measuring blocks it stops. a message saying something like controler not connetected . unfortunatly my laptop shut down due to low battery, wife pluged it in and went to use it before I could double check the message.

car runs but has a misfire , but when i try to scan, i get error messages and cant go any farther.

James K.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 VW Tiguan
      09-30-2012 10:17 PM #9
      Since you indicate you are licensed, registered HEX+CAN owner, may I suggest that you call us when you are in the car with your PC? Tech support hours are 9a-1p and 2-6p EDT, Mon-Fri.

Vehicles
      2012 Platinum Grey Metallic GLI Audobahn w/ Nav DSG
      10-01-2012 05:24 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by bearthebruce View Post
      Since you indicate you are licensed, registered HEX+CAN owner, may I suggest that you call us when you are in the car with your PC? Tech support hours are 9a-1p and 2-6p EDT, Mon-Fri.
      I agree I called last Tuesday talked to Dana at Ross tech realized my cable was the problem. I mailed it wens and got my new warranted cable on sat. Awesome service!!!!!

Sent from my GNex using Tapatalk 2
      HEX-USB+CAN Interface Vag com southern new jersey