Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Links back to The Car Lounge (opens in same window)
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford is screwing me

Vehicles
      VWs & Audis
      10-05-2012 10:43 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by GTI2Slow View Post
      You know what grinds my gears, when someone starts a rant and pulls this emotional appeal bulls**t right from the get go. Your car broke down, the people in it were inconvenienced.
      x2.
      Dave

Vehicles
      '96 GTI VR6
      10-29-2012 11:34 AM #37
      The Attorney General was a waste of time. Small claims court next.

Vehicles
      2006 Vue, 2012 Chevy Cruze LT2, 1996 BK
      10-29-2012 11:52 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by x1000rpms View Post
      I don't think that's what I said.. I said that OP might be surprised how much further he gets with people if he isn't an angry overly confrontational customer.

If you want to talk about rights... and spend money getting lawyers involved thats one way to go... but I find it is cheaper to smile and wear some good clothes and shake people's hands and ask nicely and explain your situation in a calm manner that makes people want to help you - instead of being confrontational and making people want to pawn you off on someone else. Which is what is happening with OP.

He is being run in circles. This is partly because the dealership and manufacturer don't have the correct procedures in place to put responsibility on one party or the other - but it's also because neither entity wants to deal with him.
      From his tone in his writing - I am not surprised he is not getting good results.

OP - I am guessing you go through life and everything is huge amounts of drama and nothing has ever come easy? You're the victim more often than not? "Ford is screwing me" is your way of looking at this - instead of - "Ford's customer service is confusing and unfriendly."

Try smiling once in a while and acting like a friend to be helped instead of a foe to be afraid of. The way people respond to you determines how successful you are in life. The way people respond to you
      is a matter of what you are asking for and, sometimes more importantly, how you are asking for it.

You get back what you project. Golden rule.. treat others as you would be treated. karma.. yadda yadda yadda.
      THis is all true. When I work charge in our unit, I probably make upwards of 150 phone calls a day to various nurses, doctors, and paramedical professionals. I find whatever request I have to make is received much better if I ask "how are you today" in a friendly tone at the beginning of the conversation.

I think the OP is also caught between incompetence and greed on the part of Mr. Nameless.

Vehicles
      05 SRT-4 S3R, 95 Volvo T-5R
      10-29-2012 12:30 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Rugrat Anklebiter View Post
      The Attorney General was a waste of time. Small claims court next.
      Small claims will too be a waste of your time and resources... Best thing you can do is go to the dealer, speak with the GM or dealer principal and NICELY explain that you have now paid them twice for the same repair that is now a part of a recall.

I can tell you that the dealer is the one who must submit the claim to Ford for reimbursement... It definitely sounds as though you should have gone to a 2nd dealer before paying them again for the same repair and then got reimbursed for just the 1 claim you paid in 2010...

Vehicles
      '96 GTI VR6
      11-09-2012 09:55 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by malv1 View Post
      Small claims will too be a waste of your time and resources... Best thing you can do is go to the dealer, speak with the GM or dealer principal and NICELY explain that you have now paid them twice for the same repair that is now a part of a recall.

I can tell you that the dealer is the one who must submit the claim to Ford for reimbursement... It definitely sounds as though you should have gone to a 2nd dealer before paying them again for the same repair and then got reimbursed for just the 1 claim you paid in 2010...
      Malv, I am interested in why you think Small Claims will end up being a waste of time and resources? I believe I have all my bases covered by citing both Ford Motor Company and the dealership as defendants for a lack of a better term. Of course, there is always the potential to lose. BTW, I never paid for a 2nd torque converter, it was covered by the recall.

Vehicles
      Sonoma S-15, Mark 3 Caddy, Audi A4, 71 CL175, 71 CB350, 69 Stinger, V-Twin Chopper, A4 SC'd Avant,
      11-09-2012 10:27 PM #41
      Small claims is great!

$16 to take some one to court, they can not be represented by an attorney (nor you, unless both parties agree ), you can't get steam rolled by some one else's deep pockets pumping out $500 an hour to Mr. Bigshot representing them, countering your truths & deflecting the facts.

Show up, be calm, submit pictures & proof. Add another couple hundred in the clam for the inconvenience of having to go through the procedure, the $16 (or amount of) for filing, travel & lost wages. Stick to the facts, don't go all, "Family got stranded... could've been hurt rant." In many cases you'll will be done generally by 10 a.m.

Go get'm! -A1A2G/Dolly Man
      FS:Genesis Autosport Supercharged Avant:http://tinyurl.com/mh35tby
      FS:Extensively modified 350hp Caddy:http://tinyurl.com/nydqj24 SOLD
      FS:Custom '73 CB350 Museum Piece, 8 miles FS:3 Piece I-Forged 19" Rims
      FS:Custom '69 Stinger: SOLD FS:10' VTWIN Chopper SOLD :

7. 11-09-2012 11:42 PM #42
      Sounds like Ford was just as bad as Honda with the trannys in theyre minivans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12