Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Mystery wiring for 2013 CC rear fog light

Vehicles
      2013 VW CC Sport / DSG + Ltg. Pkg.
      09-18-2012 02:52 PM #1
      If I'm reading this CECM pin-out correctly, gold connector (C), pin 47 powers the rear fog light on the driver's side. On my 2013 CC this pin is empty.

When I peeked in on the lights in the trunk lid last night, I discovered 4 wires going into the light on the driver's side and 3 on the passenger's side. The "extra" wire must be for the rear fog. So where is it wired in, if not CECM pin C-47? Does VW splice that wire into something else, or is there some intermediate wiring junction between the CECM and the taillight?
      Life = f { , , , }

Vehicles
      Past: 07' Fahrenheit GLI & 10' GTI Present: 13' GTI & 13' CC Sport +
      05-08-2013 09:28 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post
      If I'm reading this CECM pin-out correctly, gold connector (C), pin 47 powers the rear fog light on the driver's side. On my 2013 CC this pin is empty.

When I peeked in on the lights in the trunk lid last night, I discovered 4 wires going into the light on the driver's side and 3 on the passenger's side. The "extra" wire must be for the rear fog. So where is it wired in, if not CECM pin C-47? Does VW splice that wire into something else, or is there some intermediate wiring junction between the CECM and the taillight?
      You ever get a response?
      Cap'n Crunch ...
      Follow me on Instagram