Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 1989 MK2 VR6 Golf - TST built - PVW Featured

1. 09-19-2012 11:57 AM #1
      The time has come for me to let someone else enjoy this amazing car. I bought the car from TST soon after it was finished and have only been using it as a weekend fun car for the last few years. It was featured in the September 2008 issue of Performance VW. The car has always been kept in a garage when it's not being driven. There are a few small nicks in the paint from urban life (as shown in photo gallery link), but otherwise you won't find a more solid MK2 in NorCal. Would love to see it go to the right person who'll take it to another level. A great base for a charger or turbo. The photos show the car on a few different sets of wheels, but I'm going to sell it with the Porsche Wintercult wheels. Car looks great with whatever you throw on it..

Details

Engine: Corrado 2.8 litre 12v VR6 engine, Techtonics ECU upgrade, Techtonics street cams, valve springs, and exhaust. VF Engineering engine mounts, Corrado radiator and fan, 02A cable shift gearbox, selector/linkages, driveshafts, brakes, and hubs.

Chassis: KW V1 coilovers. New control arms, suspension bushings, tie rods and brake lines at the time of resotration.

Exterior: 89' GL model body with no sunroof and large window doors. Small bumpers with smoothed rear panel and lower valence. De-seamed rear panel, sidemarkers, rear wiper/washer hole, and hood vents. Rain tray and battery tray removed from engine bay. Painted Nissan Tank Green. Freshly powdercoated rear beam with a chromed Corrado swaybar. I also have a 7 slot dual headlight grill I had shipped over from England that I had planned on installing at the same time I had the bodywork freshened up. Will leave that up to the new owner.

Interior: Corrado dash, pedalbox, steering column, and leather seats (seams splitting on driver's seat a little at the moment). New headliner by Genesis Auto Upholstery, new windshield replaced a month or so ago. Battery relocated to an ammo box in the trunk. Custom gray and black leather with green stitching door panels by Genesis Auto Upholstery.

Ice: Sound of VR6.

CAR IS SOLD.
      Last edited by emmanuel lewis; 10-08-2012 at 02:26 PM.

2. 09-20-2012 02:11 AM #2
      Serious buyer with cash. Email me Joshua.nance@hotmail.com

3. 09-20-2012 11:39 AM #3
      email sent. I don't expect the car to be available for very long.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      60 15window, 63 ragtop, 76 Rocco, 82 coupe, 91 Jetta, 96 harlequin, 03 W8,
      09-21-2012 12:35 AM #4
      OMG this is a steal at $6k!!! Thanks for devaluing my mk2 by thousands!! Lol!!

Vehicles
      disco, new wave, rave era german iron...and a Japanese V8 with a tailgate
      09-21-2012 12:45 AM #5
      soooo wish i had the dough/room! i hope it goes to a good home.
      Quote Originally Posted by spoon! View Post
      I'll go if Paul goes.
      Rod Blagojevich - Team My Little Pony

6. 09-23-2012 03:00 PM #6
      based on a few requests, I'll smog the car this week and will bump this thread when it's complete.

7. 09-29-2012 01:18 PM #7
      The car is now smogged and all ready to go to a new home. I'll update the ad at the top, but the car will be selling on the Porsche Wintercult wheels after all.

8. 10-01-2012 11:05 AM #8
      Updated the ad with better specs for those that were interested.

Vehicles
      box with 4 wheels
      10-02-2012 06:17 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by emmanuel lewis View Post
      The car is now smogged and all ready to go to a new home. I'll update the ad at the top, but the car will be selling on the Porsche Wintercult wheels after all.
      need these wheels in my life..

10. 10-02-2012 10:57 PM #10
      I purchased mine from a Porsche parts dealer in Florida that was closing. NOS goodness. even came in original Porsche boxes. Can include boxes with purchase of car.

11. 10-08-2012 02:26 PM #11
      SOLD and in good hands. Already missed..