Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Brake Problem

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta
      09-19-2012 12:33 PM #1
      Hey Guys,

I had vibration whenever I would brake. I noticed my passenger side tie rod boot was torn, so I had that replaced. Lower ball joint on the same side was torn to all hell, so I replaced that. The tie rod and ball joint on the drivers side were both fine. None of this fixed the vibration problem. I felt it in the steering wheel so I my next thought was warped rotors. I buy new rotors and brakes and put them on. This somehow made the vibration A LOT worse where it feels like my whole front end is shaking but only when I brake. At 40+ mph it is really bad, but lower speeds it isn't as noticeable, but I feel as if the brakes are grabbing, letting go, grabbing, letting go, etc. The pedal also kicks back whenever I brake, which of course is worse as high speeds, to the point where it makes my foot numb. Everything is fine while I'm driving, it just goes crazy when I use the brake pedal.

Anyone experience the same thing or know what might be causing this? I feel like I've checked everything and I can't figure out what is causing it. I would like to mention that the new worse vibration started since the moment I put the new rotors and pads on and got the car up to around 40+ mph.

It's a 01 Jetta.

What do you guys think?

2. Member
      Vehicles
      04 TR R32
      09-21-2012 10:28 AM #2
      Have your tires checked and balanced

3. Member
      Vehicles
      04 TR R32
      09-21-2012 10:29 AM #3
      Look for bubbles,, if you let go of the wheel while driving, does it pull one way?

Vehicles
      00 Beetle
      09-21-2012 12:56 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by genious_devil1 View Post
      Have your tires checked and balanced
      This.

Good advise here.
      2000 Beetle, 1991 CR-X, 1988 F-150 (Still don't know why I like this truck...)