VWVortex.com - Mac program to: Download Youtube video and convert.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Mac program to: Download Youtube video and convert.

Vehicles
      2007 Acura TSX / 2013 Toyota Yaris LE
      09-20-2012 06:12 AM #1
      I know there are sites that do this but I was wondering if there is any software you can DL to maybe speed up the process. A batch ability would be perfect but lets not get too crazy. See I have no issue with using the websites that do this, but then its usually another program on the laptop that I need to use to convert the format to something that my phone will read. I haven't done it in a while, maybe the sites now allow you to change the filetype or convert on the fly as its downloading. Also my phone runs Android so there are a bunch of video apps that will play just about any file you can throw at it. Hell the built in video player plays just about everything I tried so far, its really good.

The one type of file in particular would be to convert whatever YT uses to MP3. Ive done this for music that I couldn't find anywhere else, its great because I don't care about the video most of the time anyway, or its just the lyrics or nothing shown or I have the phone in my pocket, so why waste the battery life keeping the screen illuminated when Im not watching anyway...So.

anything you recommend.?
      If I had a dollar for every gender...........I'd have two dollars.
      ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 🖕

Vehicles
      2008.5 GTI w/TSI motor, 1995 GTI Vr6
      09-20-2012 09:16 AM #2
      This is what I use. It allows you to download in all kinds of qualities and different formats

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...o-downl-10137/

edit: OOPs.. clicked image instead of link, so the link never showed up
      Last edited by Slayer; 09-20-2012 at 02:14 PM.
      Check out my Garage build thread 2008.5 GTI 2.0 TSI 6MT / APR K04 V3.1, APR IC, CTS 3" turbo back, Carbonio full intake, GFB DV+, BSH TB pipe, SB Stg2 Endurance clutch, BSH mounts, DG Shortshifter, FFM bracket bushings, Forge big knob, Koni coils, Coolingmist CMGS Meth injection, USRT spacer (DO3 & Snow 100 nozzles), 19" Miro stp3's, Centric rotors, Stoptech pads and TyrolSport bushings

3. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 BRZ
      09-20-2012 02:01 PM #3
      Firefox + Youtube download plugins.

4. 03-28-2013 12:32 AM #4
      Firefox extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ownloadhelper/

Video DownloadHelper 4.9.14
      The easy way to download Web videos from hundreds of YouTube-like sites, then use AppGeeker FLV to MP4 converter to convert youtube flv flash videos to any other file for your iphone.
      I try this one and it's very goood.

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8, 96 T&C LXi
      03-28-2013 01:25 AM #5
      I don't think anybody mentioned this yet- but there is a Firefox extension that allows this.
      "I owe it to myself, and to my choir students, to not be upset about barns."

For advertising information click HERE