Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Mac program to: Download Youtube video and convert.

Philly (now) <--> Bangkok 5555555 (later)
      Vehicles
      2001 Accord coupe V6 / 2013 Toyota Yaris / 2007 Kawasaki Ninja (DOA), 2005 Team Associated RC18t
      09-20-2012 06:12 AM #1
      I know there are sites that do this but I was wondering if there is any software you can DL to maybe speed up the process. A batch ability would be perfect but lets not get too crazy. See I have no issue with using the websites that do this, but then its usually another program on the laptop that I need to use to convert the format to something that my phone will read. I haven't done it in a while, maybe the sites now allow you to change the filetype or convert on the fly as its downloading. Also my phone runs Android so there are a bunch of video apps that will play just about any file you can throw at it. Hell the built in video player plays just about everything I tried so far, its really good.

The one type of file in particular would be to convert whatever YT uses to MP3. Ive done this for music that I couldn't find anywhere else, its great because I don't care about the video most of the time anyway, or its just the lyrics or nothing shown or I have the phone in my pocket, so why waste the battery life keeping the screen illuminated when Im not watching anyway...So.

anything you recommend.?
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carolla
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (ง'̀-'́)ง

Vehicles
      2008.5 GTI w/TSI motor, 1995 GTI Vr6
      09-20-2012 09:16 AM #2
      This is what I use. It allows you to download in all kinds of qualities and different formats

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...o-downl-10137/

edit: OOPs.. clicked image instead of link, so the link never showed up
      Last edited by Slayer; 09-20-2012 at 02:14 PM.
      Check out my Garage build thread 2008.5 GTI 2.0 TSI 6MT / APR K04 V3.1, APR IC, CTS 3" turbo back, Carbonio full intake, GFB DV+, BSH TB pipe, SB Stg2 Endurance clutch, BSH mounts, DG Shortshifter, FFM bracket bushings, Forge big knob, Koni coils, Coolingmist CMGS Meth injection, USRT spacer (DO3 & Snow 100 nozzles), 19" Miro stp3's, Centric rotors, Stoptech pads and TyrolSport bushings

3. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      09-20-2012 02:01 PM #3
      Firefox + Youtube download plugins.

4. 03-28-2013 12:32 AM #4
      Firefox extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ownloadhelper/

Video DownloadHelper 4.9.14
      The easy way to download Web videos from hundreds of YouTube-like sites, then use AppGeeker FLV to MP4 converter to convert youtube flv flash videos to any other file for your iphone.
      I try this one and it's very goood.

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      03-28-2013 01:25 AM #5
      I don't think anybody mentioned this yet- but there is a Firefox extension that allows this.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/