VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Post up your favorite motorsports hats

14K views 36 replies 25 participants last post by  Tuneman7 
#1 ·
Okay, maybe my post is stupid, so flame away if you must.

I have a really small head, so it is hard to find a hat that fits well. I had a Williams F1 hat just like this (only it was the Juan Montoya one). By far the nicest cap I've ever owned: heavy, thick cloth that maintained its shape without an inner webbing, a long, thick, curved bill, and just great quality all around:

Since then I could never find a hat as nice as that one. I bought a Kubica Renault hat, only it is a lot flimsier and suffered the "trucker hat" look that required me to cut the embroidery backing to make it conform to my head better:

Anyone else buy a motorsports or car hat that looked so cool or fit so perfectly that they could never find another one as good at that one?

See less See more
#5 ·
I used to feel the same way, then I lost my hair. Now I gotta put stuff on my head or it turns red. @#$%

I got a hat from the original Mazda Zoom Zoom Live event back in 2002 for the first gen Mazda6 launch. I did well enough in the autocross (not that well, really) to get a hat. I loved that hat, actually I still have it, but it's so worn out I don't wear it. It split at the corners where the brim meets the cap itself.

I got another free hat from the Scion FR-S drive events back in the spring just for showing up. That hat is really nice quality but the fabric is so heavy and so black that I can't wear it in the summer, too hot. More free promotional hats need to be made in grey or tan. :p

#11 ·
I have this Repsol Honda hat that I got from Indianapolis motor speedway last year. I brought it to the race this August and got it signed by Jorge Lorenzo, the factory Yamaha rider. I can't find any pics of the hat online anywhere though.

#29 ·
Not really motorsports, but grabbed for $2 at a swap meet brand new. They had some other brands as well, but I liked this the best and is super comfortable. No Im not a flatbiller, it was just brand new
I will double your money with an offer of $4! :laugh:

My recent pick-up during my trip of Europe and drive on the track:

Nurburgring fitted.

#28 ·
I got one of these off of ebay a couple years ago:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.