Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Sucessor to MS Access

1. 09-20-2012 09:33 PM #1
      I *love* Access (bought it since the 1.0 version) but I think that it is time to move on.

Actually that it is not quite true as I continue to develop multiple systems that are handy and appreciated in our company.

I was pushed to find something that worked better with mobile devices without being involved in too much hard coding. 10 years ago I played a lot with genericdb and it somehow worked to an extent but remained limited.

Here is a jewel IMO; PHP Generator for MS SQL that I bought along with SQL Maestro package.

Sorry if it sounds like an ad, it is not the case and it is rare that I find something that works so good. That's the first time since 1993 that I actually develop in something else than VBA! Not a real programmer here.

Now I have a fleet of tens of Ipods connected to MS SQL Express and our ERP dbs throught the PHP pages generated with the tools above.

Fa-bu-lous. We are really in 2012. Too bad that Microsoft didn't bother to do something than MS Access Web (way too limited).
      Last edited by Saintor; 09-20-2012 at 09:35 PM.
      2007 E90 AW 323i Step | Lowered 1.25"/1" | BMW Performance Exhaust | Debadged | Scangauge II | Style 162 18" & 161 17" wheels & rear 15mm spacers

2. 09-21-2012 12:20 PM #2
      SQL Server is the successor to MS Access.