Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New MQB S3 - Official Release

1. 09-30-2012 06:50 PM #26
      When does it come out in Sportback version?

Vehicles
      2014 BMW Touring / Sport Line
      10-01-2012 04:22 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by lupingranturismo View Post
      When does it come out in Sportback version?
      Depends on where you live. According to Edmunds, if you live in North America, the answer is never. Hopefully Edmunds will be proven incorrect.

Byron

3. Member
      10-01-2012 05:34 PM #28
      The preview of the GTI in the paris auto show indicates that it will have a locking front differential. Will the A3 or S3 include such feature? I can't believe the S3 would not have such feature, especially given that the S3 is placed at a higher performance level than the GTI, and the A3 is at a higher price tier, so it would make no sense for it to have less features.

Vehicles
      2015 VW Golf R, 2010 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro, 2004 VW R32, 2000 VW GTI, 1986 VW Golf
      10-02-2012 11:06 PM #29
      There will be a performance package for the GTI and Golf R. I doubt the regular A3 will have this but I'm sure the S3 does.

5. 10-04-2012 11:41 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy_H View Post
      IMO, the DSG, you mean S-Tronic, isn't bad at all. I test drove an A3 2.0T Quattro /w S-Tronic and it was excellent. It's likely my crap Hyundai manual transmission, but I actually am considering the S-Tronic, which will be my first 'automatic' transmission car I have ever owned.

The shifts were so quick and smooth, I know for a fact even in my S4 I couldn't touch any aspect...and I can only imagine Audi made it that much better.

The other issue is going for big power in the future, it's so much easier and cheaper getting a new clutch vs redoing the whole transmission...
      DSG is 'branded' S-Tronic by Audi. Its still a Direct-Shift Gearbox. I'm glad you like them but I rather shift my own gears regardless of how they perform.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12