VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Driven: 2013 Ford Fusion w/ 1.6 and 2.0 Ecoboost

17K views 57 replies 39 participants last post by  kraut_pauer79 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Hmm...I really like the 2.5 base engine, as we had one in a rental and got 38 mpg for the entire trip. It made okay power (i have a 4cyl YJ wrangler) had tons of room and got terrific mileage.

One of those with rebates would be a very attractive proposition. Especially with a stick.

Chris

#5 ·
Im trying to convince my mom to get a titamium fusion over a taurus w/ awd and im glaf to hear the rear seat has some room. I think it will be a much more fun car for her to own.

What other vehicles have the new 2.0 4cyl eco-boost? will be nice to keep an eye on reliability of the engine

#14 ·
I had no idea a MT would be offered...nice! Did the previous Fusion have a MT available?

Only thing that vexes me is why is this car not a hatchback? It already has the profile, why not just do it? I know Americans hate the boxy hatchbacks because they look too downmarket but since this doesn't look downmarket but has a hatchback-friendly fastback profile, why not do it?

#22 ·
The Mondeo is available as a sedan, liftback and wagon, but North America is only getting the sedan. Why they didn't just give us the liftback and say it was a sedan is beyond me.

You know something we don't? Please share! :laugh:
There is going to be a Fusion Sport, but who knows, maybe they'll call it the "ST" to keep in line with the Fiesta and Focus.

The MK1 Fusion had a manual transmission for both the I4 and V6 models (same with the MK1 Mazda 6). The manual was still available on the facelifted model with the newer 2.5 I4, but I think they got rid of it when they stuffed a bigger V6 into it (just like the MK2 Mazda 6)
The first-gen never came with a manual mated to the V6, only the I4; however, you could get a fully-loaded SEL with leather etc. on the first-gen with the manual, whereas the second-gen only offered up a manual on the lower-end cars.

That said, the second-gen was available with a minty fresh 6-speed manual to the first-gen's 5-speed.

#15 ·
The MK1 Fusion had a manual transmission for both the I4 and V6 models (same with the MK1 Mazda 6). The manual was still available on the facelifted model with the newer 2.5 I4, but I think they got rid of it when they stuffed a bigger V6 into it (just like the MK2 Mazda 6)

#31 ·
Whoops, my bad. I tried to google 1G Fusion V6 with a M/T but was not successful. I thought it would have been a Canuckstan special, but I guess that is not the case. Strangely enough, the Ford seems to hold a higher resale $ than the Mazda, though the latter looks so much better .. both in and out! :(

I miss my V6 5m/t hatch

#32 ·
Ford continues to impress me. Love the thought of a 1.6 6-MT and the hybrid looks like a clear winner in the midsize segment. Well done, Ford! :beer: :beer:

#58 ·
Love all the differing opinions in this thread. I have to say the real-world pics have me even more floored than any press or auto show pics to date...this car is just fantastic looking, I think it will handily replace the Optima as the darling of the affordable-but-upscale-looking segment. I strongly believe these are about to litter the roads as much as Camry and Altima. I work right by an auto mall, I'll have to start nosing around the Ford lot to check their inventory.

the SE 1.6T manual can be outfitted with Appearance, Luxury, and Tech packages...none of which make any mention of a sport suspension.

TCL unicorn combo of 1.6 turbo + manual + Titanium sadly doesn't exist
meh, the only Ti things an SE 1.6T can't be optioned with are the Sony 12 Speaker audio, pushbutton start, and AWD. Virtually everything else on a Titanium can be had on a 1.6 SE either stand-alone or in a package.

Because AWD in this class is a snow-belt safety blanket, not a serious performance option, and because they'd sell about a dozen of them.

The 2WD 2.0T is going to drive just as well as the AWD model - probably better, as it'd be lighter.
This. Car manufacturers have latched onto "AWD" as the latest greatest ticket in providing safety-paranoid consumers with one more fantastic "safety" option, whether it works well or not. God bless those who truly need it, and it works well for them, but I think "AWD" systems in a lot of new cars are a joke. Here in SoCal there is absolutely no need whatsoever for it, and I agree most FWD equivalents would probably drive just a hair better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.