Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: These damn cars.... Finshed coilover install last night

Vehicles
      Ls3
      10-05-2012 02:10 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by johnny.r1.lee View Post
      No locking collar? is that the same thing as the perch? can you still make height adjustments without that?
      the perch is there for the spring to be supported.... but there is no adjusting collar.... so the rear cannot be adjusted, that is as low as it can go, without taking the perch out of course...but then you take a risk of hearing the spring rattling around.when you hit bumps and stuff sometime
      yuksquad.//EE Militia//4EverKustoms
      [B]Owner- All in the DEtails Automotive Detailing

Vehicles
      ERMAHGERD_I_HAS_YELA_FROG_LIGHTS
      10-08-2012 11:03 AM #27
      Damn you guys are tempting me to slam mine, when I told my self not to. lol

Vehicles
      Ls3
      10-08-2012 11:06 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by LEBlackRob View Post
      Damn you guys are tempting me to slam mine, when I told my self not to. lol
      think i came up something to get the rear lower, im searching some parts out and i will update this thread soon.

Vehicles
      10-08-2012 12:38 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by lowerthanzimmy View Post
      think i came up something to get the rear lower, im searching some parts out and i will update this thread soon.
      Yea that won't help me. Do to the fact that I have a turbo. So are rears are completely different.

Vehicles
      Ls3
      10-08-2012 12:45 PM #30
      Yea that won't help me. Do to the fact that I have a turbo. So are rears are completely different.
      ****! you have it easy! MK6 GTI H&R Ultra Lows.... and enjoy! lol

these jetta coilovers are weak. The ST's have a progressive spring in the rear... so im thinking if i find a non progressive spring from a coilover, likw a FK spring or a H&R spring.... the rear may actually come down.

Vehicles
      10-08-2012 02:29 PM #31
      ****! you have it easy! MK6 GTI H&R Ultra Lows.... and enjoy! lol

these jetta coilovers are weak. The ST's have a progressive spring in the rear... so im thinking if i find a non progressive spring from a coilover, likw a FK spring or a H&R spring.... the rear may actually come down.
      Lol yea I have some Ultra Lows in the garage from my last car. Planning on selling them and just putting super sports. Just going to make this a fun to drive car. I am done with the hole lets slam my car thing. Don't get me wrong I love the look of a slammed car with just the right wheels. Just want to hop in my car and go some ware and not worry about how well the road is paved, rail road tracks, and speed bumps.

Vehicles
      Ls3
      10-08-2012 02:54 PM #32
      Lol yea I have some Ultra Lows in the garage from my last car. Planning on selling them and just putting super sports. Just going to make this a fun to drive car. I am done with the hole lets slam my car thing. Don't get me wrong I love the look of a slammed car with just the right wheels. Just want to hop in my car and go some ware and not worry about how well the road is paved, rail road tracks, and speed bumps.
      air ride. lol

Vehicles
      15 GTI/ 85 E30
      10-09-2012 10:09 AM #33
      air ride. lol
      Thats whats happening with my wifes turbo...
      OPENROADTUNING / KLEENFREAKS / SOWOPARTNERS

Vehicles
      10-09-2012 10:24 AM #34
      air ride. lol
      I have nothing against air ride, but don't feel like dealing with it. Coilovers have some maintance and you find your self clenching your but cheeks from time to time. Then with air ride you add a hole new thing of maintenance that I don't want to deal with. Also if I was to get air ride I would have to notch the frame which I don't want to do. So I am going to just build a fun all around driver car. If I wanted to do an air ride car I would have bought the first gen CC instead.

Vehicles
      Ls3
      10-09-2012 10:29 AM #35
      I have nothing against air ride, but don't feel like dealing with it. Coilovers have some maintance and you find your self clenching your but cheeks from time to time. Then with air ride you add a hole new thing of maintenance that I don't want to deal with. Also if I was to get air ride I would have to notch the frame which I don't want to do. So I am going to just build a fun all around driver car. If I wanted to do an air ride car I would have bought the first gen CC instead.
      i installed mine almost 28k ago..... haven't fudged with it really in 2 years. only problem i have was i blew a fuse for the switchbox.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      Frankenturbo Beetle
      10-09-2012 10:31 AM #36
      Maintenance on air ride was more with older systems. I remember just 10 years ago I had it on my s10. I was blowing through bags, and valves cuz it was my daily. These new systems though are way better! I know plenty of guys daily'ing them without any issues. I'm like you though, I decided that I didn't want to notch the frame on a brand new car lol
      DrTechy is now an Authorized E-Tuners Dealer (Check out Machtig Industries on Facebook or email mario@drtechy.com for details/questions)
      2012 FrankenBeetle.... My thread

Vehicles
      10-09-2012 02:57 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by drtechy View Post
      Maintenance on air ride was more with older systems. I remember just 10 years ago I had it on my s10. I was blowing through bags, and valves cuz it was my daily. These new systems though are way better! I know plenty of guys daily'ing them without any issues. I'm like you though, I decided that I didn't want to notch the frame on a brand new car lol
      Yea I have an issue keeping cars. That being said it is hard to sell a car with a notched frame.

Vehicles
      2012 2.5L Beetle, 2006 2.5L New Beetle, 1998 New Beetle
      12-21-2012 08:03 AM #38
      all the way down up front, no locking collar in the rear.
      Excuse me as I'm new to this whole lowering thing. I see you said you used ST's. Would you mind being specific as to what all components you purchased and any advise you can provide to a newbee? It looks like we may have the same general set-up (2.5L w/17" heritage wheels). These wheels obviously have a much larger gap than say 19s. Thanks.
      "Just look at those wheels!"

Vehicles
      2012 2.5L Beetle, 2006 2.5L New Beetle, 1998 New Beetle
      12-21-2012 08:13 AM #39
      Am I looking for something like this:

http://www.esetuning.com/ST-Speedtec...VW-p/90875.htm

I need to put together some more treatments to see the look w/only 2" of lowering. I'm thinking at least 3" would do the trick. Not sure I want to cut/notch things though...
      "Just look at those wheels!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12