VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rolled Fenders?

Vehicles
      German vans, British sporty things.
      09-26-2012 09:26 AM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by geofftii2002 View Post
      I think there's one thing most of us can learn from this delightful thread. I think we should all thank our parents and/or guardians for the fine, fine job they did raising (most of) us properly; stressing the importance of staying away from drugs, proper use of the English language, carrying oneself in a manner befitting your age, when to act with a degree of humility and how to be respectful. Enjoying fine spirits with moderation...

Thanks mom and dad for not allowing me to turn out like that guy.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'll just say thanks for not drinking whilst pregnant and/or dropping me down the stairs as an infant.
      Could it be that we are now starting to see the side-effects of the trophy generation? A whole generation of young adults that have been shielded from negativity? When I was young, I was taught to deal with bullies and negativity, but today it seems that the solution is to eliminate bullies and negativity, leaving a whole generation not prepared for it.

Pop quiz: The proper reply to, "LOL your car sucks" is:
      a) Nothing
      b) "I like it a lot, sorry we don't see eye-to-eye. "
      c) Single application of "F**K YOU YOU SUCK, SAY THAT TO MY FACE YOU ASS JERK !!!!"
      d) Non stop applications of c.

Vehicles
      2008 Mini Cooper S Clubman, 2006 Forester, 1972 BMW 2002tii, 93 W124 gone to the glue factory
      09-26-2012 09:37 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by McBanagon View Post
      Could it be that we are now starting to see the side-effects of the trophy generation? A whole generation of young adults that have been shielded from negativity? When I was young, I was taught to deal with bullies and negativity, but today it seems that the solution is to eliminate bullies and negativity, leaving a whole generation not prepared for it.

Pop quiz: The proper reply to, "LOL your car sucks" is:
      a) Nothing
      b) "I like it a lot, sorry we don't see eye-to-eye. "
      c) Single application of "F**K YOU YOU SUCK, SAY THAT TO MY FACE YOU ASS JERK !!!!"
      d) Non stop applications of c.
      Exactly! I learned from a young age that I was never going to be a tough kid so I had to be able to out smart the kids who saw me as a target. And by golly it worked. Even the bullies learned quickly enough that I wasn't worth their time. It seems that kids no longer get the tools they need to live, the just get handed everything they ask for like their entitled to it.

Oh, and you forgot option e) "YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!"

Because clearly there's no grasp on what the actual meaning of jealousy is.
      Classicmotoringllc.com - my new brokerage and consulting business based out of a lavishly converted first floor bedroom in Allentown, PA. I am always looking for quality enthusiast cars to consign, research projects or consultation opportunities. Keep an eye on my page as you can see my blabberings about cars and other such junk in the blog section!

3. Member
      Vehicles
      67 Dodge Coronet sedan, Kymco Like 200LX
      09-26-2012 09:57 AM #108

Vehicles
      dirty jap slut
      09-27-2012 03:35 PM #109
      haha still just a bunch of haters i see

please, continue hating.
      thats the purpose of the thread...

Vehicles
      dirty jap slut
      09-27-2012 03:38 PM #110
      hey banagon come to colorado. virginia is for faggets

Vehicles
      2001 Honda Prelude, 1984 Honda Gyro
      09-27-2012 03:49 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by dub_slug View Post
      haha still just a bunch of haters i see

please, continue hating.
      thats the purpose of the thread...
      I'm just going to quote what somebody said on another auto forum regarding "stance".

"As far as 'styles' go there is relatively no wrong way to tune or modify a car. However, can you honestly tell me that a car with negative 5 degrees of camber and super stretched tires is safe to drive? Absolutely not. At that point, it's not a question of good taste, bad taste, or 'style' It's common sense and lack thereof.

Should I support someone who is putting their own life at risk, as well as everyone else around them in an attempt to be "trendy" "ill" or "flush"? Absolutely not. People can call me a hater, or whatever that fvck they want, but at the end of the day, that sh!t is unsafe, no if's and's or but's."

Now, my friend, I am not "hating" or being a "hater". Those are extremely ignorant and stupid sounding words anyway. I'm simply pointing out that your vehicle and others like it are incredibly unsafe. Just because you haven't had a tire blow out or had suspension components fail on you yet does not mean it isn't going to happen. I don't care if you spin out of control and kill yourself trying to get over a road reflector, but it makes me upset that there are innocent people out there who's lives you are endangering in an effort to look cool.

TL;DR
      Stance is unsafe and you are putting innocent lives at risk.
      Quote Originally Posted by JalopnikMatt View Post
      Everyone who writes for Jalopnik is an excellent writer and journalist.
      Quote Originally Posted by al@absolute View Post
      Go to bed or we're going for a drive in the Durango.

7. 09-27-2012 03:58 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      I'm just going to quote what somebody said on another auto forum regarding "stance".

"As far as 'styles' go there is relatively no wrong way to tune or modify a car. However, can you honestly tell me that a car with negative 5 degrees of camber and super stretched tires is safe to drive? Absolutely not. At that point, it's not a question of good taste, bad taste, or 'style' It's common sense and lack thereof.

Should I support someone who is putting their own life at risk, as well as everyone else around them in an attempt to be "trendy" "ill" or "flush"? Absolutely not. People can call me a hater, or whatever that fvck they want, but at the end of the day, that sh!t is unsafe, no if's and's or but's."

Now, my friend, I am not "hating" or being a "hater". Those are extremely ignorant and stupid sounding words anyway. I'm simply pointing out that your vehicle and others like it are incredibly unsafe. Just because you haven't had a tire blow out or had suspension components fail on you yet does not mean it isn't going to happen. I don't care if you spin out of control and kill yourself trying to get over a road reflector, but it makes me upset that there are innocent people out there who's lives you are endangering in an effort to look cool.

TL;DR
      GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS

Vehicles
      BMP 20th - 1990 Cabriolet.
      09-27-2012 04:02 PM #113

TL;DR
      the whole VIP/JDM scene is the starting point of the tacky, over-cambered "trendsetting" stance ****...

stretched tires and riding low - in moderation - isnt a danger to anyone except your oil pan.. make sure the people youre going to quote while trying to prove a point, actually know wtf they are talking about.

its been going on in europe for decades, now people are trying to bring it to the next level with these stupid "VIP" lexus' with some ****ty ed hardy wheels on the damn thing.

go back and look at the conclusion of the stretched tire thread... the only nay-sayers were the idiots trying to throw in their opinon on something they have no experience... let alone run stretched tires or lower their cars.

is the OP and idiot? thats a given.

is every low car on stretched tires going to be a public hazard?

no, thats about as misinformed as you can get.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      No. Smell has a very strong connection in the brain with feelings... or if you're walking past A&F you might think of that chick you fingerblasted when you were 15.
      Goon Squad x Bagriders x Gengstout

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit
      09-27-2012 04:16 PM #114
      Ruined 350Z+Shiny new parts+Bong+Horrid manufactured counter+middle finger for the intertubes = most likely to **** pants in a bad neighborhood.

Vehicles
      '93 940, '95 SL1, '88 740, '85 740
      09-27-2012 04:17 PM #115

TL;DR
      stretched tires are fine.

Vehicles
      76 MGB, '77 Corolla, '95 BMW K75
      09-28-2012 03:48 AM #116
      The whole stance trend doesn't bother me so much. What bothers me is the off chance that one of these 'stanced' cars will hit me, then their insurance won't pay because ther car was unsafe/unroadworthy/illegally modified.

:-/
      Jeff

Vehicles
      Track ready, Supercharged R32+ Track-Ready Vw Polo 6N, with GTI motor.
      09-28-2012 04:08 AM #117
      I think there's one thing most of us can learn from this delightful thread. I think we should all thank our parents and/or guardians for the fine, fine job they did raising (most of) us properly; stressing the importance of staying away from drugs, proper use of the English language, carrying oneself in a manner befitting your age, when to act with a degree of humility and how to be respectful. Enjoying fine spirits with moderation...

Thanks mom and dad for not allowing me to turn out like that guy.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'll just say thanks for not drinking whilst pregnant and/or dropping me down the stairs as an infant.
      +1

I thought the same thing as I read through this thread. We are likeminded people

Vehicles
      09-28-2012 04:11 AM #118
      hey banagon come to colorado. virginia is for FAGGETS

FAGGETS

Cant even spell it right

Vehicles
      German vans, British sporty things.
      09-28-2012 07:32 AM #119
      send me your address so you can talk in person. or phone number....
      ill pay you a visit.
      703-293-9231
      Let me know if you need an address, we're looking forward to having you.
      Not sure what a fagget is, why don't you pay me a visit to explain. I'm not going to post my address on a forum, but you can google my number to get it.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 RX-8
      09-28-2012 07:35 AM #120
      google my number
      did, and laughs were had by all
      Quote Originally Posted by SuperGroove View Post
      "...you see an RX-8 has a rotary engine! Do you know what a rotary engine is? Well, the reason why I'm filling oil into my engine is...hello? where'd you go? It's injected into the combustion chamber and it LUBRICATES THE SEALS! IT LUBRICATES THE SEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALS"

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      09-28-2012 08:03 AM #121
      Bwahahahahaha..... AAAAaahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

What the hell are you talking about? When your generation "runs this bitch" (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean) I really hope I'll be dead and gone because I wouldn't want to listen to your nonsensical babble anyway. Work on sounding somewhat intelligent, it'll get you a lot further than chest pumping and posturing.

Also, learn to take criticism. You made the choice to post pics of your car in here knowing full well what people think of that style. It's not a friendly environment for that look. Then you start testiculating (that's when you wave your arms about whilst talking bollocks) that you're going to run the world or something. You're not making any sense, nor are you capitalizing letters at the beginning of a sentence... the rest of us learned to do that in 1st grade.

If you want to get smoke blown up your arse about your car, go to stanceworks where you know you'll be in an environment of like-minded individuals. Alternatively, post your car and display a bit of humility. Be aware that not everyone will like it, but if you act like a grown up you'll automatically get more positive responses. Don't come in here with an attitude that you're the greatest fabricator on earth just because you rolled some fenders - guys have been doing that for eons. You ain't the first.
      Unfortunately, I'm part of "his" generation, but there always has to be a minority. While, yes I like cars lower, I'm talking 1-2"; I can still fit probably 3 fingers in my wheel gap and as a result my car doesn't handle like complete a go-kart. By the way, saying your car handles like a go-kart is basically telling everyone that no open drinks are allowed and no glass bottles because you will chip a tooth when you hit that pebble on the road you couldn't dodge.
      And congratulations on being able to throw all your money at your car brah. You can upgrade the **** out of it just to make it go fast in a straight line whilst rearranging your internal organs on fresh tarmac!
      Also, say you spent what? $12k on all that? (just pulling numbers out my anus) I guarantee just about everyone in here could build a Z that would outperform yours on the track with half that money, and IMO it would still look better.

Idk who said it, but :
      "Stance is the new rice."
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      I said dance bitch. Dance.

Vehicles
      09-28-2012 09:01 AM #122
      Not sure what a fagget is, why don't you pay me a visit to explain. I'm not going to post my address on a forum, but you can google my number to get it.
      hahahahah

Vehicles
      2009 Volkswagen Rabbit s
      09-28-2012 09:31 AM #123
      I honestly have never seen such a hateful thread... outside of the civic forums that is. and even they conduct themselves in a less of a ape like manner

19. Member
      Vehicles
      1996 BMW 328i
      09-28-2012 09:47 AM #124
      This thread just enforces my theory: nothing good happens in Colorado.

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      09-28-2012 09:53 AM #125
      lol you guys still here???

sorry was busy jacking my dick to pornhub.com

well i bought wheels, new flywheel, up rev tuning, new intake and project kics lug nuts and spacers...
      sorry you don't approve. lol

Wow, sorry to hear that's all the lovin' you're getting, no surprise though.

IF, you have the balls. come talk trash in person...

IMI dacono. ill be there all day thursday...abusing what you wish you could afford and what ill sell for more than you can afford...

its not daily driven; its abused daily....
      narrowminded folk, please respond with a lame comment below.
      ps....i don't know about you, but all my homies drive and drift my z. we be passin sluts around faster than the blunts.
      Can't wait for you to blow that motor all apart. And congrats on "drifting" your ZZZZZ's it should be fun putting that new of a car into a wall at high speeds
      But that won't happen because you are "just that good" right champ?
      Everyone who drifts puts a car in a wall, that is if they are actually drifting and not just getting a little noise out the rear

Vehicles
      2001 Honda Prelude, 1984 Honda Gyro
      09-28-2012 11:31 AM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by x_GTI_x View Post
      the whole VIP/JDM scene is the starting point of the tacky, over-cambered "trendsetting" stance ****...

stretched tires and riding low - in moderation - isnt a danger to anyone except your oil pan.. make sure the people youre going to quote while trying to prove a point, actually know wtf they are talking about.

its been going on in europe for decades, now people are trying to bring it to the next level with these stupid "VIP" lexus' with some ****ty ed hardy wheels on the damn thing.

go back and look at the conclusion of the stretched tire thread... the only nay-sayers were the idiots trying to throw in their opinon on something they have no experience... let alone run stretched tires or lower their cars.

is the OP and idiot? thats a given.

is every low car on stretched tires going to be a public hazard?

no, thats about as misinformed as you can get.

But you have to admit that a car with 215 tires on a 13 inch wide wheel running a thousand degrees of negative camber is going to be much less safe than 99% of the cars on the road. Running stretched tires puts you at greater risk for a blowout/tire failure at speed. That's the point I'm trying to make.
      Quote Originally Posted by JalopnikMatt View Post
      Everyone who writes for Jalopnik is an excellent writer and journalist.
      Quote Originally Posted by al@absolute View Post
      Go to bed or we're going for a drive in the Durango.

Vehicles
      2014 Fiesta ST, 1999 A4 2.8
      09-28-2012 11:39 AM #127
      But you have to admit that a car with 215 tires on a 13 inch wide wheel running a thousand degrees of negative camber is going to be much less safe than 99% of the cars on the road. Running stretched tires puts you at greater risk for a blowout/tire failure at speed. That's the point I'm trying to make.
      Not only that, but with crazy camber you're going to have much less rubber on the road. Good luck braking hard when you need to.

Vehicles
      09-28-2012 11:58 AM #128
      No it doesn't.

Vehicles
      76 MGB, '77 Corolla, '95 BMW K75
      09-28-2012 02:54 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by Woodski View Post
      No it doesn't.
      Tires stretched onto a rim require less force to unseat the beat than a properly fitted/sized tire since the sidewall is under more tension. Now what are the chances that you will hit a pothole within the window of force that will unseat a stretched tire but not a correctly sized tire? Probably not much, but the risk is there and is increased.
      Jeff

Vehicles
      09-28-2012 03:46 PM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by drecian View Post
      Tires stretched onto a rim require less force to unseat the beat than a properly fitted/sized tire since the sidewall is under more tension. Now what are the chances that you will hit a pothole within the window of force that will unseat a stretched tire but not a correctly sized tire? Probably not much, but the risk is there and is increased.
      Actually harder to unseat it.

when it's sitting like \_____/ that and you're putting pressure onto it, it's pushing the ends of the tire into the lips of the wheel and keeping it on.

Vehicles
      BMP 20th - 1990 Cabriolet.
      09-28-2012 04:36 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by Shmi View Post
      Not only that, but with crazy camber you're going to have much less rubber on the road. Good luck braking hard when you need to.
      I wasnt trying to argue, im simply saying done in moderation, the effects are negligible. Obviously pushing anything to the limits is just asking for it. Im not a huge fan of running ridiculous camber or any of that junk, so im not going to defend that side of things.

anything over -3 just seems absurd in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by drecian View Post
      I daily drive a 215/40 on 9.5" wheel which is a decent/moderate stretch... it took over 100 psi. to get the bead to seat, compared to the normal 30-50 psi to fit a regular tire.

it in no way makes the tire easier to unbead unless youre running 5psi or something and try going dorifto around a corner.

i run them at 38-40 psi and havent had so much as a slight air leak... with some of the construction ive ran into during my commute on the mass pike, if that doesnt unseat something then Im not too worried about it.

not to say it cant happen, but regardless of stretch, a tire can fail at anytime in numerous conditions.

when it's sitting like \_____/ that and you're putting pressure onto it, it's pushing the ends of the tire into the lips of the wheel and keeping it on.
      ^indeed.
      Last edited by x_GTI_x; 09-28-2012 at 04:38 PM.
      No. Smell has a very strong connection in the brain with feelings... or if you're walking past A&F you might think of that chick you fingerblasted when you were 15.
      Goon Squad x Bagriders x Gengstout

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GLS 1.8T
      09-28-2012 05:16 PM #132

You can't possibly apply "positive" force to one bead of the tire without applying "negative" force to the opposite bead...

And let's be honest; they aren't worried about a blow-out because they have to slow to a crawl before they hit any sort of bump in the road

Vehicles
      08 VW GTI, 01 Hyundai Tiburon
      09-28-2012 08:57 PM #133
      Instagram: Zekkal

Vehicles
      2007 Banana GLI
      09-29-2012 01:13 AM #134

404: Not Found
      Mk512
      Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
      For every NASCAR fan in Austin there are 10 hipsters on fixies.
      Quote Originally Posted by Form Ocean View Post
      In Soviet Russia, stance works you.

Vehicles
      2002 GB Jetta (Sold) 2014 Fiesta ST
      09-29-2012 01:27 AM #135
      guys can you please tell me if my emkaaay 4 is low enough??

thanks!
      I'm sry you had bad experiences at church bud, thanks boradie

09-29-2012 01:32 AM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by mikebuffer View Post
      guys can you please tell me if my emkaaay 4 is low enough??

thanks!
      If you have to ask, lower it.

Vehicles
      2002 GB Jetta (Sold) 2014 Fiesta ST
      09-29-2012 01:36 AM #137
      i thought soooo..i havent really severely damaged anything yet so i must go lower.
      I'm sry you had bad experiences at church bud, thanks boradie

Vehicles
      2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 6MT
      09-29-2012 02:16 AM #138
      haha both. I'm a quiet.... yet big mofo....
      Are you the big mofo in that pic with a middle finger, no bicep and love handles?
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      I'm filming this thread. Just thought I'd let everyone know. I've had some bad experiences with threads in the past.
      I like when dumb people quote mechanical grip as a metric of whether or not a car is fun to drive. It's like saying McDonald's is the best restaurant because you get a lot of calories for your money.

Vehicles
      dirty jap slut
      09-29-2012 03:34 AM #139
      lol. youre all a bunch of losers

Vehicles
      2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT w/overnight diffs from Japan; 2013 Mazda 2 5MT
      09-29-2012 03:37 AM #140
      you're still talking? no one listens to old f a gs like you
      and i especially didn't read all that bull**** you wrote so go waste your time elsewhere.
      They still use "***" in Greeley or whatever backwards hole you're from? Jesus.

Honestly, this guy's use of "***" is all we need to know about his ass.
      Kill yourself, we'll all be better off.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducky TSX
      The Car Lounge likes to compare apples to llamas

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast