Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Window Fixed - Well Done VW

1. 09-22-2012 08:26 AM #1
      Just had the driver window fixed by VW and all is well. Took one day at the dealer. I don't know what parts were used as they are mailing the paperwork to me.

This was a PITA to live with but VW did handle it well. The cheque for $700 (2 payments) took the sting out it. The Customer Care center was also good to deal with.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      09-22-2012 08:48 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Stu3 View Post
      Just had the driver window fixed by VW and all is well. Took one day at the dealer. I don't know what parts were used as they are mailing the paperwork to me.

This was a PITA to live with but VW did handle it well. The cheque for $700 (2 payments) took the sting out it. The Customer Care center was also good to deal with.
      Welcome to the 'fixed window motor' club ! At present we are a very select group that hopefully
      will get much larger in the near future. Since my 'fix' consisted of the actual replacement of the
      old motor with one from Germany that contained the new software, I am curious to know if
      your 'fix' was similar or if some form of an 'in house' repair was done to your original motor?

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 2.5 5 speed Beetle
      09-22-2012 11:12 AM #3
      I just got off the phone with my service department to get the process started to get mine fixed. My service adviser took the time to explain the process that VW is working through. He said they were instructed to take customer VIN and contact info, which they pass along to VW to get the parts ordered for the fix. In Omaha they don't know how long it's going to take to get parts as this fix has just now become available from VW, but he said to expect a week to 2 before starting to wonder about it. He also said that he suspects that VW doesn't have a stockpile of parts to fix because they are having dealers go through this process before sending the updated parts. I know we're all aware of the issues, and the fixes, but thought the process as explained to me might help others understand as we flock to try to get our windows fixed!

Vehicles
      2012 VW Beetle Denim Blue 2.5 Auto
      09-23-2012 10:20 AM #4
      VW just replaced my window motors, painted both bumpers, and replace both doors window tints. Had a 2012 Jetta loaner for 10 days. Got one month payment instead of two, Cust Care told me I had to have more than 3 visits for each problem to be entitled for 2 months payment. Now windows close with a thump, Love my Bug.
      2012 Denim Blue Beetle 2.5 Auto w/ 17" Heritage wheels
      2006 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide
      Slideshow

5. 09-23-2012 10:27 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by JR Martinez View Post
      VW just replaced my window motors, painted both bumpers, and replace both doors window tints. Had a 2012 Jetta loaner for 10 days. Got one month payment instead of two, Cust Care told me I had to have more than 3 visits for each problem to be entitled for 2 months payment. Now windows close with a thump, Love my Bug.
      Did u notice they sound different and work faster.

Vehicles
      2012 VW Beetle Denim Blue 2.5 Auto
      09-24-2012 06:57 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Babie View Post
      Did u notice they sound different and work faster.
      ..................Yes, Dumb enough and pinch my carrot like he told me to do
      Last edited by JR Martinez; 09-25-2012 at 11:58 AM.
      2012 Denim Blue Beetle 2.5 Auto w/ 17" Heritage wheels
      2006 Harley Davidson Dyna Super Glide
      Slideshow

Vehicles
      ERMAHGERD_I_HAS_YELA_FROG_LIGHTS
      09-24-2012 11:31 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by JR Martinez View Post
      Yes, scare to test pinch safety feature.
      Who cares it works and if your dumb enough to close your hand in the window is your bad.

Vehicles
      2006 GLI and 1987 Scirocco 16V
      09-24-2012 12:02 PM #8
      Use a carrot. If it fails at least you have sliced carrots.

9. 09-24-2012 11:00 PM #9
      Oct 9th is the big day for my window. They already had to replace the tint... Well it was peeling and they removed it. Initially they uhm forgot to put the tint back.. Its back now... Just waiting for the window fix and some other concerns to get addressed.....

Vehicles
      Yellow 1970 Beetle & Yellow Rush 2012 Beetle 2.5L Tiptronic
      09-25-2012 03:27 PM #10
      My dealer won't even set up an appointment for the window fix as apparently I'm wayyyy down the list. They also won't replace my interior that got wet 5x from windows that dropped in the middle of the night 4x that stopped after replacing a bum door latch.

The 5th soaking came when my car started unlocking/locking itself every 10 seconds for an entire day. Took it in. They parked it inside, refused to weather test it and handed it back saying VWoA will call me about further testing. Since when do I have to get permission from the manufacturer for a dealership service dept to spray my car with water?

VW still hasn't called and whenever it rains my car still unlocks/locks itself letting water in everytime the windows drop that 1/4inch.

Glad you got your windows fixed. Now let us know who you had to blow to get it done.
      ■■■■■■■■■■■■

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 2.5 5 speed Beetle
      09-25-2012 03:32 PM #11
      Sounds like you should be looking for a different dealer, one who's willing to provide quality service. Can't fault VW for the piss poor service at your dealership. Do you have one with a better reputation close to where you live?

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 03:34 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Beets View Post
      Sounds like you should be looking for a different dealer, one who's willing to provide quality service. Can't fault VW for the piss poor service at your dealership. Do you have one with a better reputation close to where you live?

It's funny but until the last 2 months they have been utterly fantastic to my entire family for years and they have an outstanding reputation. They changed service managers and now.... it's nothing but suck.
      ■■■■■■■■■■■■

Vehicles
      2013 Red Turbo Beetle, 2013 Yellow 2.5 (Tweety) Beetle2010 CSG GTI
      09-28-2012 07:02 PM #13
      Call VW of A and tell them about, the dip **** service manager, i am sure they will provide adequate guidance for you and the dealership, hopefully they will give you a payment or two for your trouble.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 beetle 2.5
      09-29-2012 06:19 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by eunos94 View Post
      It's funny but until the last 2 months they have been utterly fantastic to my entire family for years and they have an outstanding reputation. They changed service managers and now.... it's nothing but suck.
      VWoA called and made my appointment, they also make sure the parts are there for the fix too. From what my dealership said they are the ones in control of getting it all done, not them

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 07:58 AM #15
      Volkswagen customer care advocates set up an appointment Monday October 1st with one of their master techs to address the upsy downsy issue and my other issues including my car unlocking/locking itself every 10 seconds when it rains and the mysterious window dropping issue where I will come out to discover both windows fully down and usually discover a soaked interior.

Here's hoping they either fix it or replace it with a better car.
      ■■■■■■■■■■■■

Vehicles
      More than you can afford pal, Ferrari. But seriously, Ferrari.
      10-01-2012 01:56 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by eunos94 View Post
      My dealer won't even set up an appointment for the window fix as apparently I'm wayyyy down the list. They also won't replace my interior that got wet 5x from windows that dropped in the middle of the night 4x that stopped after replacing a bum door latch.

The 5th soaking came when my car started unlocking/locking itself every 10 seconds for an entire day. Took it in. They parked it inside, refused to weather test it and handed it back saying VWoA will call me about further testing. Since when do I have to get permission from the manufacturer for a dealership service dept to spray my car with water?

VW still hasn't called and whenever it rains my car still unlocks/locks itself letting water in everytime the windows drop that 1/4inch.

Glad you got your windows fixed. Now let us know who you had to blow to get it done.
      I feel bad, but your post is full of dark humor and it made me laugh.

GL I hope it works out for you.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!

17. 10-01-2012 03:21 PM #17
      My bug is currently getting fixed for the window issue, the fuel gauge not reading correctly, a discoloration of the passenger leather and a broken air vent.

They said quite clearly that they are low on parts and replacing those that threatened lemon law, or submitted a complaint to their state's department of justice.

I know people who have gotten a new beetle do to water damage from the window issue, so if you complain, and complain in the right ways (in writing, citing applicable laws to your state), you will get what you want.

Vehicles
      2012 Beetle Turbo /2011 Boxster Spyder
      10-01-2012 07:52 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by Mdanner423 View Post
      My bug is currently getting fixed for the window issue, the fuel gauge not reading correctly, a discoloration of the passenger leather and a broken air vent.

They said quite clearly that they are low on parts and replacing those that threatened lemon law, or submitted a complaint to their state's department of justice.

I know people who have gotten a new beetle do to water damage from the window issue, so if you complain, and complain in the right ways (in writing, citing applicable laws to your state), you will get what you want.

Did not complain or threaten anyone and my car is getting fixed on October 9th. No other issues except for the windows so when they are fixed everything will be fine. Love my Bug.
      2012 Beetle Turbo/Platinum Grey Metallic
      Gloss Black Racing Stripes/Turbo Side Stripe
      Sunroof/Premium Fender Sound System
      Carbonio Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake Stage II
      APR Stage 1 ECU Tune/Rear Deck APR badging

Vehicles
      2014 BEETLE GSR
      10-16-2012 10:14 PM #19
      After having my BEETLE for 1 year, the problem has occured about three tmes, the first two times many months ago reset itself. Last saturday the problem occured again, this tme the exprees up and down would not work. So sunday I sort of played around with it, remembered reading some place on this forum, how to reset, not sure what I did, but it reset itself, worked ok all day sunday and monday. So today I call dealer to ask if there was an official recall for the problem. Was told they have a service bulletin about the problem. Gave them my VIN#, he said to hold, then came back and said they are ordering the parts for the repair. I do not drive as much as you others do, only have 7200 miles and the 13 month anniversary is OCT 24th. So, they are going to call me when they get the parts( I asked if its new motors, he wasn`t sure??) to set up appt. to repair. The last digits of my VIN# are 606152, not sure if thats an early production, mid production, sticker on door jam says AUG 2011 when it was built.

KNEWBUG
      Last edited by KNEWBUG; 10-16-2012 at 10:18 PM.

20. 10-17-2012 12:02 AM #20
      Posted in the window issue thread. Wife got both window motors replaced today and the windshield.perfect job on the windshield.Getting in on the passenger side in the service department I noticed the window was down an inch and did not go up or down. They could get it to work by tapping on the motor. So this new motor was defective.They had extra motors and installed one while we waited.This one worked. Armstrong VW in Portland Oregon has a great service department with great people.

Vehicles
      2013 CC 6MT
      10-20-2012 11:36 AM #21
      My windows are fixed thanks to West Broad VW in Richmond! They did a great job and I'm so excited that I can use my windows again!

VWofA even gave me a free credit for splash guards which West Broad installed the same day!

Uber happy!

Vehicles
      2013 Red Turbo Beetle, 2013 Yellow 2.5 (Tweety) Beetle2010 CSG GTI
      10-20-2012 02:22 PM #22
      Cool, kudo's to VW and west broad VW nice to know you are appreciated as a customer.

Vehicles
      2014 BEETLE GSR
      10-20-2012 03:57 PM #23
      Dealer has the two new motors and will install next Friday.

KNEWBUG

Vehicles
      10-21-2012 08:17 AM #24
      Window repair was made on October 9th. They had the car for about 6 hours and the windows now work perfectly. Have never had any of the other issues reported on this forum. Extremely pleased with the handling of my car and the extra power from the APR Stage I tune with the cold air induction system. MPG is also improving as I put more miles on my car. Currently at 7,147 miles on the odometer and MPG is 29 city and 33 highway. Could not be happier with my Beetle.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 VW Turbo beetle
      10-21-2012 11:57 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by cbugrun View Post
      Window repair was made on October 9th. They had the car for about 6 hours and the windows now work perfectly. Have never had any of the other issues reported on this forum. Extremely pleased with the handling of my car and the extra power from the APR Stage I tune with the cold air induction system. MPG is also improving as I put more miles on my car. Currently at 7,147 miles on the odometer and MPG is 29 city and 33 highway. Could not be happier with my Beetle.
      Great news! Am assuming that the 'fix' was the installation of a new motor and not a
      re-build kit of some kind that some mentioned? In either case you are covered under
      warranty so as long as no more 'upzy downzys', you've come up 'smiling like a cheshire cat!'

Vehicles
      10-21-2012 08:02 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by ridgemanron View Post
      Great news! Am assuming that the 'fix' was the installation of a new motor and not a
      re-build kit of some kind that some mentioned? In either case you are covered under
      warranty so as long as no more 'upzy downzys', you've come up 'smiling like a cheshire cat!'
      Dealer told me the motors were new and not re-built. Dealer has been straight up with me since day one so I have no reason to believe they are not telling me the truth. Really glad the ordeal is over and I can just enjoy my 2012 Beetle Turbo. Still getting thumbs up everywhere I go.

27. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '12 Reef Blue turbo Beetle
      11-01-2012 05:44 PM #27
      How did you get a check for $700?

28. 11-01-2012 07:18 PM #28
      I asked the VW Customer Service rep for it ( 2 months car payment - financed car with VW). I explained that it had been a great inconvenience to take the car in 3 times to get it fixed (and the fuel gauge thing) and I was disappointed. I figured that it was a bit ballsy but I had nothing to lose so I just came out an asked for it. And it worked. YMMV

29. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '12 Reef Blue turbo Beetle
      11-02-2012 11:16 AM #29
      I guess all they could have said was no, proves the point that it never hurts to ask.

Vehicles
      '12 Reef Blue Turbo Beetle; '08 Honda Element
      11-02-2012 12:50 PM #30
      As I suspected, I think they only offered this compensation to those who financed through VW.

Total BS in my opinion but it is what it is.