Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Would anyone be interested in helping me install suspension on my MKV GLI?

Vehicles
      '12 GTI, '10 CC
      09-23-2012 07:03 PM #1
      I have a Fahrenheit GLI that is dying to be lowered but I don't have the tools (or the skills, honestly) to do the install myself. Im still open to product suggestions but basically I want to retain ride comfort but improve handling and appearance.

New Tails by ATPhotodesign, on Flickr

I would be happy to supply food and beer (or whatever) and I can barter with detailing and/or photography if your car is worthy in your own opinion...

GTI interior 01 by ATPhotodesign, on Flickr

S2000 at Mount Diablo by ATPhotodesign, on Flickr

Andre-Thompson-023 by ATPhotodesign, on Flickr

Thanks for looking....please feel free to text me if interested. 925-864-3311 Andre

Vehicles
      560AWHP VR6T Quattro 92 GTi / 2004 Touareg 4.2 / 1992 GTI VR6 PRPLVR6 / 88 Vanagon GL Weekender
      09-23-2012 11:41 PM #2
      SMS sent

Vehicles
      07 Passat 2.0T 6MT/96 Passat GLX VR6/ 87 Scirocco 16V
      09-25-2012 06:31 AM #3
      Pm Sent.

JT
      Passat B6 6MT 2.0TFSI, Spork Pkg, Bixenons, Giac,EVOMS Intake, Neuspeed SS, NS Rear S B, Koni FSD/Eibach Pro kit, Peloquin LSD, VF Mounts, Forge DV and FMIC, 18x9 Wheels,Badgeless Grille, Hidef Rear Bumper/Spoiler/Tips, Votex Side, Abt Front lip..
      Passat B4 5MT GLX VR6. Moddified Intake Box with K&N Filter, Borla Muffler... more to come.

Vehicles
      '12 GTI, '10 CC
      03-10-2013 07:30 PM #4
      Back from the dead...I've actually changed cars...I'm still interested in lowering my car. Now I have this bad boy....

2012 GTI

Last edited by VTECeateR; 03-26-2013 at 05:35 PM.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      '09 Jetta Wolfsburg Edt.(SOLD), 2010 CSG GTI
      03-10-2013 08:19 PM #5
      if you lower your car on coilovers, your ride is going to be ****tier, thats just how it is.
      i have my 09 wolfsburg on raceland ultimo's, i think they go for 400$ and my car is pretty damn low, like a 3.5" drop and the ride is a bit stiffer, but i have driven it to LA and back on those coils and i wasnt beat up by the end of it.

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Vr6
      03-11-2013 01:26 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by uberwolfsburg View Post
      if you lower your car on coilovers, your ride is going to be ****tier, thats just how it is.
      i have my 09 wolfsburg on raceland ultimo's, i think they go for 400$ and my car is pretty damn low, like a 3.5" drop and the ride is a bit stiffer, but i have driven it to LA and back on those coils and i wasnt beat up by the end of it.
      No, that's not just how it is. If you buy cheap coilovers, then yeah. But I and others I know who have bought the more pricey coilovers could not be happier with the ride.
      VrAlliance #240 | My Thread | Resident Tire Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by Bierce IV View Post
      Thinking about jb welding two cars together since it seems like to cool thing to do now.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      '09 Jetta Wolfsburg Edt.(SOLD), 2010 CSG GTI
      03-11-2013 01:35 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Konkordmusk View Post
      No, that's not just how it is. If you buy cheap coilovers, then yeah. But I and others I know who have bought the more pricey coilovers could not be happier with the ride.
      well the ride on my coils isnt terrible, the spring rates are only 285/265. still going to be stiffer than stock if you are low cause there is less suspension travel.

Vehicles
      '12 GTI, '10 CC
      03-11-2013 11:38 AM #8
      What do you think about the ST coils?

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta Vr6
      03-11-2013 12:25 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by VTECeateR View Post
      What do you think about the ST coils?
      I think that they are an affordable option that could keep you happy unless you maxed them out. If you keep them at a reasonable ride height, I know some guys who couldn't be happier with them. I've installed ST's on not just VW's, but BMW's and some Mercedes as well, I've made nothing but happy owners
      VrAlliance #240 | My Thread | Resident Tire Expert
      Quote Originally Posted by Bierce IV View Post
      Thinking about jb welding two cars together since it seems like to cool thing to do now.

Vehicles
      '12 GTI, '10 CC
      03-11-2013 02:26 PM #10
      I think that they are an affordable option that could keep you happy unless you maxed them out. If you keep them at a reasonable ride height, I know some guys who couldn't be happier with them. I've installed ST's on not just VW's, but BMW's and some Mercedes as well, I've made nothing but happy owners
      I wouldn't go too low (I'm 37 and married with kids) and this is my DD. Thanks for the info.