Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: *APR Fall Into Power Sale at NGP Racing*

Vehicles
      07 Passat 3.6 wagon, 88 Scirocco g60
      09-24-2012 11:08 AM #1
      From now until October 14th, APR's huge Fall into Power sale is on! Save on all sorts of products, from ECU software upgrades to motor mounts, silicone, Carbonio intakes and APR's excellent hard-parts.

First up, the software...as you can see you can save over $600 on many applications! Both NGP locations have on-site flash capability and can turn around most software appointments in a brief period of time. To book your APR ECU upgrade appointment today, just contact the location closest to you. Plus we're offering free install labor on all DPP flash upgrades!

Install labor on Mk6 / CC / TT and all other late model TSI upgrades that require pulling the ECU and older EMCS hard chips, are regular price for install.

• ECU Upgrade Sale:
      • * All 2.0T FSI or TSI or 2.7T – $599 For a Fully Loaded ECU! Normal Price $1203
      • * All DPP 1.8T – $499 For a Fully Loaded ECU!* Normal Price $1103
      • *3.0 TFSI V6 - $1499 for a fully loaded ECU! Normal price $2103
      • * All VR6, 2.5L, 4.2L, are $100 off! Normal Price $499-599
      • *$50 off single program option, where applicable
      • *10% off all 'exotic' ECU upgrades such as RS6, RS4, Porsche turbo, Audi R8, etc.
      • *Certain DPP / 1.8t models cannot accept loaded chip flashes and must be hard-chipped for multiple programs.
      • *Certain program options not available on all models
      • A Fully Loaded ECU Includes your Choice of 4 of the Following Programs:
      • * Stock Mode :: Exact Original Mapping and Performance
      • * 91 Octane Performance
      • * 93 Octane Performance
      • * 100 Octane Performance
      • * Valet Mode :: Limits RPMs and Power Output
      • A Fully Loaded ECU Also Includes:
      • * Fault Code Erase :: Erases Fault ECU Fault Codes
      • * Security Lockout :: Locks Advanced Functionality of Cruise Control, Password Protected
      • * Anti-Theft :: Disables Throttle to Render Vehicle Inoperable, Password Protected

Don't forget, APR's high quality line of hardware is also on sale, with discounts of 10% on almost every part number they manufacture. Make your upgrade complete with a matching turbo back exhaust system and Carbonio intake. Provide the final touch with APR motorsport parts or an R1 diverter valve.
      • APR Hardware Sale:
      • * APR Carbonio Carbon Fiber Intakes 10% Off!
      • * APR Stage 3 and K04 Turbocharger Systems 10% Off Select Systems!
      • * APR Exhausts Systems 10% Off!
      • * APR Intercooler Systems 10% Off!
      • * APR Bipipe 10% Off!
      • * APR R1 Diverter Valve 10% Off!
      • * All APR Motorsport Items including Silicone Hoses and APR FSI Fuel Pump 15% Off!
      Check the full line up of APR parts online at NGP Racing.com, just by clicking here, or contact your NGP location to find out more information.
      • -Aberdeen, MD - 410.994.0000 / servicemd@ngpracing.com
      • -Lorton, VA - 703.454.3000 / serviceva@ngpracing.com

2. 09-24-2012 09:23 PM #2
      If I wanted stg2, stg1 93, and stock with all of the other goodies would that be allowable under this sale? I'm untuned but installing a turboback this weekend only mk6 gti.

Vehicles
      CSG Golf R | UG DSG 4dr MK6 GTI | SBM MK6 GTI - gone :(
      09-25-2012 10:17 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by dadasracecar View Post
      If I wanted stg2, stg1 93, and stock with all of the other goodies would that be allowable under this sale? I'm untuned but installing a turboback this weekend only mk6 gti.
      You would just be stage II. The ability to switch between programs is for different octane ratings, stock, and valet. To go between stages you would have to get re-flashed at NGP.

What I went with (as recommended by NGP Aberdeen) was Stock, 91, 93, 100.

The only hardware that you are required to have for stage II is a downpipe, which will be taken care of by your TBE.

Enjoy your new car. Once you are tuned it is completely different.
      2012 CSG Golf R - APR 2+ - VWR springs - EVOMS Intake - 42DD Downpipe Street w/Res - Podi True Blue boost gauge - 42DD shift bushings - dash cubby. *More goodies are in your future*

Vehicles
      09-26-2012 05:54 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by dstackmasta27 View Post
      You would just be stage II. The ability to switch between programs is for different octane ratings, stock, and valet. To go between stages you would have to get re-flashed at NGP.

What I went with (as recommended by NGP Aberdeen) was Stock, 91, 93, 100.

The only hardware that you are required to have for stage II is a downpipe, which will be taken care of by your TBE.

Enjoy your new car. Once you are tuned it is completely different.
      Exactly what he said

Vehicles
      09-26-2012 06:23 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Jason@NGP View Post
      Exactly what he said
      Hey Jason, I didn't want you having to stop working to come reply. Too many cars to hook up before the sale is over again

2012 CSG Golf R - APR 2+ - VWR springs - EVOMS Intake - 42DD Downpipe Street w/Res - Podi True Blue boost gauge - 42DD shift bushings - dash cubby. *More goodies are in your future*

6. 09-26-2012 09:46 PM #6
      So stage 2 is where I'm at withe the tbe. Are there different options within stage 2?
      Thanks
      Jason

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 12:41 AM #7
      So stage 2 is where I'm at withe the tbe. Are there different options within stage 2?
      Thanks
      Jason

All of the options that are listed above are included in the "fully loaded ECU", along with your choice of 4 tune levels. The only real differences in the stg 1 vs stg 2 tune is some magic behind the scenes that you won't have to worry about, but if you're curious there are a lot of different dissections of the programs in the MK6 forum.

Is there anything in particular that you are curious about?

8. 09-29-2012 01:47 PM #8
      Just want to pass emissions in VA.

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 06:14 PM #9
      Ah, sorry buddy but I haven't a clue. Maybe one of the VA folks will chime in...based on the spotted thread there are plenty that visit frequently.

10. Banner Advertiser Jason@NGP's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-04-2012 06:10 PM #10
      It shouldn't be a problem, but being that I'm in Maryland I'm not 100% on what VA emissions requires. Your best bet is to give Benji a call at the Lorton shop as I'm sure he'll have your answer on that.

Vehicles
      mk5 tsi hatchback
      10-10-2012 03:41 PM #11
      Be sure to get the non-test pipe file when going stage II otherwise you WILL NOT pass VA emissions. When you are installing your TBE, install a o2 sensor spacer on the last o2 bung, this will eliminate the p420 CEL code, if your car is CCTA.

If you are CBFA, read here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...CEL-Fix-Thread

Enjoy your new software, I'm waiting for my CPO warranty to run out before I get mine done.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      '11 CC, '09 Rabbit, '99 VR6 Jetta, '90 Cabriolet
      10-10-2012 07:27 PM #12
      VA only requires emissions testing in certain counties within the state (Stafford being one)... if you garage the car out of the county requiring emissions testing (and can prove this) you will be exempt from the test. I'm active duty AF, live and garage my car in MD but I'm a resident of Stafford. I never get emissions done and don't have to according to the DMV. State inspection is still required. Not sure if this helps but if you've got family in another state nearby, I'd ask them if it's all right if you "garage" the car at their house, in their state, per the title just to avoid emissions... there's also a shop I go to on Oakland St. in Sherlington near the DMV that does my state inspection. They pull the car in, honk the horn, flip the lights and back it out... Granted it's an '09 and nothing should be wrong, it's not very thorough and I don't doubt they'd slip you a sticker for a few extra bucks. If you're an honest Abe, I can't help you haha.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      '11 CC, '09 Rabbit, '99 VR6 Jetta, '90 Cabriolet
      10-10-2012 07:30 PM #13
      Question about the software: I see you mention that it's regularly $1103 for a fully loaded 1.8T ECU... On APR's website, it states the Stage 1 chip/flash is only $499 and has reflected this for quite some time. Does that mean you regularly charge $600~ for labor or am I getting this backwards somewhere?

14. 10-10-2012 08:50 PM #14
      Thanks for all of the advice fellas. I got the awe-tuning turboback and I have no cel stock. I got the stage 2 non test pipe file and it rocks. I love it. Whole new car.