Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Jetta MK2 1.6 diesel adjusting lower fuel consuption

Vehicles
      VW Jetta MK2 '88
      09-24-2012 03:40 PM #1
      Hey there,

Might be I am asking what is already asked gazillion times, but correct me if what.
      I am newcomer to VW sociality, this is my VW Jetta MK2 and also the very first car.

My question. I am wondering can I somehow adjust diesel fuel consuption to lower it even more? For ex. if I am going for long road trips. How much is it real? What are side effects?

P.S. If there is also some kind of related link to such question, please be kind and share it. Thanks!

2. 09-24-2012 06:36 PM #2
      you can't really adjust how much it burns, i mean you can to a certain degree but you won't notice it much on the highway. more or less just when you really stomp on it, you won't get any power. is your pump stock? or has someone in the past turned the fuel screw to make it smoke?

Vehicles
      VW Jetta MK2 '88
      09-25-2012 12:10 PM #3
      Oh wou, so that means all those myths about lowering fuel consuption on vw diesel engines are just myths...

No, my Jetta don't smoke a lot when I floor it.

4. 09-27-2012 08:55 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Forwox View Post
      Oh wou, so that means all those myths about lowering fuel consuption on vw diesel engines are just myths...

No, my Jetta don't smoke a lot when I floor it.

Fuel adjustment screw in Red; Idle adjustment screw in Green

(Not sure if this applies to Turbo IDI engines, mind you)

Start your car - make sure the cold start lever isn't pulled out

Get a 13mm and an 11mm wrench; The 13 is for the fuel, the 11 is for the idle

Loosen the fuel screw nut; adjust the screw higher/lower as you please - then use the 11 on the idle screw, and adjust that as you please.

Go for a test drive.

Rinse, repeat until desired outcome is reached.

The higher you jack the fuel screw - the more power and soot you'll get. It's the opposite for the other way.

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      92' Jetta GL ECOdiesel Wolfsburg Edition
      09-28-2012 02:14 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Gasfarmer View Post

Fuel adjustment screw in Red; Idle adjustment screw in Green

(Not sure if this applies to Turbo IDI engines, mind you)

Start your car - make sure the cold start lever isn't pulled out

Get a 13mm and an 11mm wrench; The 13 is for the fuel, the 11 is for the idle

Loosen the fuel screw nut; adjust the screw higher/lower as you please - then use the 11 on the idle screw, and adjust that as you please.

Go for a test drive.

Rinse, repeat until desired outcome is reached.

The higher you jack the fuel screw - the more power and soot you'll get. It's the opposite for the other way.
      Thank you kind sir now i must go tinker then drive around and ask random teenagers if they smoke.
      Quote Originally Posted by keithcole View Post
      If I can figure out the theorems on gravitational singularities in the framework of general relativity, and the theoretical prediction that black holes should emit radiation,then you should be able to post a damn picture on the damn intranet