Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: How many lemons?

1. 09-24-2012 09:30 PM #1
      Just curious to how many of these vehicles have been bought back as lemons? Mine (finally) counts as one, who else? And if you had one...did you go back to VW?

2. 09-24-2012 09:39 PM #2
      will probably vary by state. In texas it has to oddly be three attempts at the same problem... 30 different problems don't matter...

What was the criteria to get your taken back?

3. 09-24-2012 10:00 PM #3
      Most states it's either 3 attempts to fix a singular problem, or the vehicle has to be out of service for 30+ days....mine falls into both categories.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Passat SE - Candy White
      09-25-2012 01:03 AM #4
      I didn't have to go the lemon law route. I did email VW of America about the numerous problems I had with my Beetle 2.5 Sound and Nav. I spoke with a customer care representative and was offered 2 months payments or $1500 towards a new or used VW. I then spoke to the salesman who sold me the car. He said "I told you before "IF YOU BUY A CAR FROM US, WE WANT YOU TO BE ABSOLUTELY HAPPY. LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU."

He called VoA and got them to raise it to $2500, 0% for 60 months instead of the .9% that was being offered at the time. I told him I wanted a white Passat SE with a beige interior.

That day, I got off work and went by the dealership. They had the car waiting in the front for me. Test drove the car, looked at the numbers, and went home with the Passat 30 minutes later. I'm paying a lot less for the Passat than I was for the Beetle, and have been motoring problem free ever since.

I didn't have to bitch or complain like I thought I would. The dealer made what I thought would be a very difficult situation, a painless one.

Vehicles
      Yellow 1970 Beetle & Yellow Rush 2012 Beetle 2.5L Tiptronic
      09-26-2012 12:30 PM #5
      Wish my dealer were that generous but something has drastically changed with them recently and not for the good so now it's time to get VW to stand behind their product and make me happy. Hopefully they come through for me and I can continue to be their number one goodwill ambassador.
      ■■■■■■■■■■■■

6. 09-27-2012 08:28 PM #6
      Thats cool they did that... It's not unrealistic to have expectations in a vehicle to meet a certain level of quality control at any price point.

Vehicles
      The Standard of the World | Das Auto | Feed Your Restless
      09-28-2012 11:51 AM #7
      I didn't get mine lemoned. I would have, but VW bought mine back before the lemon process began.
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Vehicles
      '15 GTI Autobahn
      10-02-2012 10:49 AM #8
      I need to figure out the lemon laws for TX. I know mine has been in service more than 3 times for the window issue. It has been raining here lately and noticed yesterday morning the entire door had water stains running down that weren't there the day before. Also the window was cracked down a bit like when you open the door, but it apparently didn't go up even after it locked. I am SO tired of this car. I've been looking at non-VWs as my next car because this car alone has completely destroyed my image of VW. (Not just the windows, but the fuel sensor issues, fuel pump issue, rattles, wind noise, everything)

9. 10-02-2012 12:26 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by vdub10golf View Post
      I need to figure out the lemon laws for TX. I know mine has been in service more than 3 times for the window issue. It has been raining here lately and noticed yesterday morning the entire door had water stains running down that weren't there the day before. Also the window was cracked down a bit like when you open the door, but it apparently didn't go up even after it locked. I am SO tired of this car. I've been looking at non-VWs as my next car because this car alone has completely destroyed my image of VW. (Not just the windows, but the fuel sensor issues, fuel pump issue, rattles, wind noise, everything)
      You can contact your state Attorny General to enquire about the specifics of your state lemon law. I am infinately happy to be rid on my lemon, and to be done with VW brands forever. They do not support their vehicles, nor do they care about the customer once you hand over your money. Do not keep your now water-damaged vehicle thinking that VW cares and wants to make you happy....they just want to incurr the lowest cost possible in fixing your car and hope you don't take legal action. IMHO, I would have been on the phone with a lawyer the day my car was soaked with water and be rid of your problem vehicle. Do not let some emotional attachment to your new car put you into constant stress worrying about a vehicle whose engineering is sub-par...contact your state AG or lawyer specializing in lemon laws ASAP!

10. 10-02-2012 12:30 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Almostirish View Post
      I didn't have to go the lemon law route. I did email VW of America about the numerous problems I had with my Beetle 2.5 Sound and Nav. I spoke with a customer care representative and was offered 2 months payments or $1500 towards a new or used VW. I then spoke to the salesman who sold me the car. He said "I told you before "IF YOU BUY A CAR FROM US, WE WANT YOU TO BE ABSOLUTELY HAPPY. LET ME SEE WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU."

He called VoA and got them to raise it to $2500, 0% for 60 months instead of the .9% that was being offered at the time. I told him I wanted a white Passat SE with a beige interior.

That day, I got off work and went by the dealership. They had the car waiting in the front for me. Test drove the car, looked at the numbers, and went home with the Passat 30 minutes later. I'm paying a lot less for the Passat than I was for the Beetle, and have been motoring problem free ever since.

I didn't have to bitch or complain like I thought I would. The dealer made what I thought would be a very difficult situation, a painless one.
      I wish I had your luck. My dealer told me their hands were tied and VW basically told me to pound sand. Oh well, I'm driving a Lexus now and couldn't be happier....it all worked out for the better in the end.