Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Links back to The Car Lounge (opens in same window)
    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 25K Luxury sedan, what are the options?

Vehicles
      2001 z06, 2008 135i
      10-02-2012 05:59 PM #106
      I would rather a muscley one, it's just a highway bomber that I need.

I have the corvette for turns. The engine/transmission scare me in the XJR though, especially since it's supercharged.

Quote Originally Posted by rynodyno312 View Post
      Me too, but good luck finding on in budget. Also, the XF actually weighs more than the XJ, (both the current and previous generations) given the aluminum construction of the latter.

The x350 XJ is big, but it's pretty light on its feet, at least in the R form that I have driven. 4.2L SC engine is buttery smooth with torque everywhere, brakes are great, and while the air suspension does take some getting used to, it didn't stop me from pushing the car in the corners. That being said, i think it's more of a muscle/luxury car than a true sport sedan.

Vehicles
      2013 Civic SI, 2011 EX35
      10-02-2012 06:06 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by Spray` View Post
      I would rather a muscley one, it's just a highway bomber that I need.

I have the corvette for turns. The engine/transmission scare me in the XJR though, especially since it's supercharged.
      I can't tell you about reliability, I just drove my GF's parents every now and then. I dont think they ever had any mechanical issues with it, but it was also not driven a ton. I also want to add the ride quality was superb, even with 20" wheels in Sport mode. I don't know if it's the air suspension or what, but I havent felt a ride that smooth from something with big wheels and very low-profile tires.

3. 10-02-2012 06:41 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by andreyk View Post

+ Stage 1

=

If you want a quiet, comfortable car with some balls, get 2010-2012 LGT. I have 2011 and love it. Stage 1 reflash really transforms the car. Due to a different turbo location, stock equal length exhaust manifold, it has less lag than WRX and STI. Flooring it is a cool experience as it is very quiet, yet it covers ground really nicely. I've raced e46 m3 and it was real close. Especially when it comes to torque that is useful in every day driving this car is incredible. It's no C63 AMG of course, but you can still get 26-28 MPG on the hwy.

If that is not enough you can always go stage 2 and run high 12s all day long.
      Damn look at that torque figure. Why is the Torque gain so much compare to the HP gain?

Vehicles
      2012 Evo GSR
      10-02-2012 07:55 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by koko12 View Post
      Damn look at that torque figure. Why is the Torque gain so much compare to the HP gain?
      Because small turbo and hp=TQxRPM/5252

5. 10-02-2012 11:18 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      I think your price point is in LS430 territory, a 460 in your price range will have a ton of miles on it.
      Well, they have come down in price somewhat such as this example. I wouldn't be too worried about mileage on them,but more worried about service records. I had a co-worker who had one, well over 100k on it and still rode like it was brand new.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234