Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greenbay just got robbed...

Vehicles
      '13 Ferrari 458 Italia Size: XS
      09-25-2012 01:40 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Righteous Bucks View Post
      I admit the refs are bad, but to see a cocky guy like Rodgers to get a taste, is kinda nice.
      I love how you call Aaron Rodgers cocky when he replaced one of the cockiest MF'ers in NFL history.
      GeorgiaBulldawgs!
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r
      So help me, if I had a vag I'd be putting things in that **** all day just to see what fits.
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI
      Do you want to end up on LiveLeak? Because that's how you end up on LiveLeak.

Vehicles
      '86 Scirocco, '07 Rabbit, '09 MINI JCW
      09-25-2012 01:44 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
      I love how you call Aaron Rodgers cocky when he replaced one of the cockiest MF'ers in NFL history.
      I'll just say that I got a lot of enjoyment when he made that 10-15 yard scramble at the beginning of the game and "fired his gun" at the defense like he was a badass... Then got completely terrorized the rest of the half.

Vehicles
      '13 Ferrari 458 Italia Size: XS
      09-25-2012 02:05 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by SOAR View Post
      I'll just say that I got a lot of enjoyment when he made that 10-15 yard scramble at the beginning of the game and "fired his gun" at the defense like he was a badass... Then got completely terrorized the rest of the half.
      That's Green Bay's offense for you. They are a points machine and throw on everyone. Or something.

I'm not an Aaron Rodgers homer of any sort but everyone all over the nation knew how Brett Favre acted. It just seemed at the very least curious that somebody would call Rodgers cocky when he replaces Favre of all players.
      GeorgiaBulldawgs!
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r
      So help me, if I had a vag I'd be putting things in that **** all day just to see what fits.
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI
      Do you want to end up on LiveLeak? Because that's how you end up on LiveLeak.

4. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      09-25-2012 07:04 AM #29
      I'd say we're pretty good. We went toe to toe with the Packers, that's all that can really be said about this game. You can't say we won or lost... All you can say is we showed up, and we played pretty well against a great team. We smoked Dallas last week, and we lost to The Cardinals in week 1, which seemed pretty bad at the time, but looking at what they're doing to everyone else now makes me realize that we played a really good football team.
      Defensive fan is defensive.

5. Member
      09-25-2012 07:34 AM #30
      It's games like this that reassure me that the NFL isn't worth the time. You don't see the winey players who are getting payed million to play football in college football.
      I'm a huge Russell Wilson fan and glad he got a win but it was a terrible call. Let's face it the game was doomed from the start.

I think this is a good point to stop watching the NFL, College seems to be more entertaining as the players have to either put up or loose everything they've been working for.

BTW I live in WI. So like I said upset in the poor called game, but happy for Wilson, since every analyst said he couldn't play professional football

6. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      09-25-2012 07:50 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by webbs2jzgte View Post
      So like I said upset in the poor called game, but happy for Wilson, since every analyst said he couldn't play professional football
      There were some analysts that thought he would do fine. Remember he was drafted in the 3rd round.

7. 09-25-2012 08:34 AM #32
      So, I didn't see the game, but Green Bay losing by 14-12 means that something is
      really, really wrong with Green Bay right now. They were lighting people up all last
      year, and now???

They have no one to blame but themselves for leaving it up to a blown call.
      "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

Vehicles
      i've a horse outside.
      09-25-2012 09:00 AM #33
      watch the play.

if it doesn't bother you after you've seen it, then move along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHsUc2zm0KI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
      Last edited by TwoLitreVW; 09-25-2012 at 09:05 AM.
      shut your mouth. sh sh shut your mouth.

9. 09-25-2012 09:34 AM #34
      That video cuts off too soon. In fact, the last bit shows the Seahawk player going up
      at the same time as the Packer player. The Seahawk player was roughly to the side,
      but not behind, the Packer player.

If the Seahawk player has both hands on the ball from beginning to end of the play,
      it's a tie and a TD.

If the Seahawk player didn't have both hands at the beginning, but instead reached
      around and grabbed with both hands afterwards, then yes, I'd understand.

Just because the Green Bay player, AFTER they went to ground, rolled away from
      the Seahawk player in an attempt to rip away the ball is no excuse.

Or, let me put it another way: imagine if there was no Green Bay player involved.
      Did the Seahawk player go up, make the catch, and maintain possession after
      falling to the ground? YES. Regardless if some player rips the ball away after-the-fact,
      it's still a completed catch.

I have seen the video over and over, and I can't find a replay in slow motion from
      a different angle. Anybody have a link?
      Last edited by adoniram7; 09-25-2012 at 09:40 AM.
      "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me."

10. 09-25-2012 09:40 AM #35
      Just be grateful the refs didn't cost you a Superbowl. You know, the refs you all want back right now, are the same ones that did everything in their power to take that Superbowl away from Seattle.

Normal ref or replacement refs, they all make horrible decisions on the field.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      65 Ghia
      09-25-2012 09:59 AM #36
      if Goodell doesn't give the refs whatever they want after this, we are all in for a verrrrrrrrrry loooooong season.
      Or a very short season. My NFL watching ended last night ... until the refs are back, that is.
      "Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this ..."

Vehicles
      i've a horse outside.
      09-25-2012 10:02 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by adoniram7 View Post
      That video cuts off too soon. In fact, the last bit shows the Seahawk player going up
      at the same time as the Packer player. The Seahawk player was roughly to the side,
      but not behind, the Packer player.

If the Seahawk player has both hands on the ball from beginning to end of the play,
      it's a tie and a TD.

If the Seahawk player didn't have both hands at the beginning, but instead reached
      around and grabbed with both hands afterwards, then yes, I'd understand.

Just because the Green Bay player, AFTER they went to ground, rolled away from
      the Seahawk player in an attempt to rip away the ball is no excuse.

Or, let me put it another way: imagine if there was no Green Bay player involved.
      Did the Seahawk player go up, make the catch, and maintain possession after
      falling to the ground? YES. Regardless if some player rips the ball away after-the-fact,
      it's still a completed catch.

I have seen the video over and over, and I can't find a replay in slow motion from
      a different angle. Anybody have a link?
      right. imagine if there was no Seahawk player involved. i can play that game, too.

luckily, that's not how this works. and he did NOT make the catch.

the video i posted doesn't show the other angles as they did over and over during the game replays. further, the officials even can't agree while on the field (which is why one waved it off and the other put his amrs up). even the ANNOUNCERS saw that it was an interception.

the ball is caught by the GB player (he takes the pass in the chest), and Tate (seahawks) has a single hand on it in the air and on the way down.

Tate never had possession of that ball. and that's why he was as stunned as the Packers were when it was declared a touchdown, and why everybody watching is screaming bloody murder.

more angles, higher quality video, analyst discussion, and spelling out of the rule book:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack
      Last edited by TwoLitreVW; 09-25-2012 at 10:17 AM.
      shut your mouth. sh sh shut your mouth.

Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit S(low), 2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
      09-25-2012 10:32 AM #38
      Don't forget about the blatant shove in the back by Tate which should have negated any call regarding who caught the ball anyhow.

I fully expect there to be all sorts of PI on a play like that, but that was so far ahead of the ball actually getting there that it was ridiculous.
      Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Honda Fit Sport
      09-25-2012 11:05 AM #39
      http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...-150-250m-bets

ESPN.com article has some interviews with Vegas sports book operators, and some estimate that, worldwide, that call shifted ~$250 Million in bets last night!

Since about 70% of bets made were on GB, and without that touchdown call they would've won by 5, they would've covered the 3 1/2 points that most places gave them. I bet there were A LOT of angry people in the sports books last night....

The NFL has to get in there and negotiate something with the regular refs. Public opinion should force them to do something.

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 11:46 AM #40

Vehicles
      '86 Scirocco, '07 Rabbit, '09 MINI JCW
      09-25-2012 11:56 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by SAPJetta View Post
      Don't forget about the blatant shove in the back by Tate which should have negated any call regarding who caught the ball anyhow.
      You can argue sooo many terrible calls that would have changed that game in one direction or another, and resulted in the other team winning.

IMO, You can't say Green Bay should have won. You can't say Seattle should have one. All you can say is that the refs absolutely destroyed that game beyond any recognition. I watched the game at a sports bar, filled with Seahawks fans. Everyone was laughing, and shrugging their shoulders by the 3rd quarter at calls both for and against the hawks. People just completely stopped taking the game seriously.

It was a joke in every sense of the word. They made a handful of terrible calls to help GB get back into the game, then immediately followed by making a handful of terrible calls to help Seattle come back and win the game. Once all that started the game was ruined.
      Last edited by SOAR; 09-25-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      09-25-2012 12:04 PM #42
      On back to back nights, in primetime match-ups with 2 of the league's premier teams (Pats & Packers), the game was effected/ruined/lost on terrible ref calls.

Despicable.

The replacement refs are just horrible at knowing, and being consistent with, holding and PI. They are just clueless. They ignore blatant stuff and call ticky-tack stuff, all at, seemingly, the worst possible times.

They have zero control of the game and the players, coaches and now even the announcers have zero respect for them.

After this last weekend, and the last 2 primetime games, if I'm the Refs Union I don't give a single other concession, they've already moved much more then the League has.

Also, if the reports that are coming out that a number of these refs are Lingerie League rejects (I'm not kidding here) then Roger Goodell needs to resign. No hyperbole there, he should no longer have a job after this mess.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      65 Ghia
      09-25-2012 12:05 PM #43
      You can argue sooo many terrible calls that would have changed that game in one direction or another, and resulted in the other team winning.

IMO, You can't say Green Bay should have won. You can't say Seattle should have one. All you can say is that the refs absolutely destroyed that game beyond any recognition. I watched the game at a sports bar, filled with Seahawks fans. Everyone was laughing, and shrugging their shoulders by the 3rd quarter at calls both for and against the hawks. People just completely stopped taking the game seriously.

It was a joke in every sense of the word. They made a handful of terrible calls to help GB get back into the game, then immediately followed by making a handful of terrible calls to help Seattle come back and win the game. Once all that started the game was ruined.
      You're right, because I'm a man of logic

You're wrong, because I'm a Packer fan

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves while I vacillate ...
      "Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this ..."

19. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      09-25-2012 12:20 PM #44
      I'm skipping NFL this weekend except maybe catch a few plays of the Giants and Jets game. I'm sick and tired of watching all the horrendous calls being dished out. Have these refs ever sit home and watch a game at all?

A lot of these refs needs a vision and IQ test.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      09-25-2012 12:42 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Vision33r View Post
      I'm skipping NFL this weekend except maybe catch a few plays of the Giants and Jets game. I'm sick and tired of watching all the horrendous calls being dished out. Have these refs ever sit home and watch a game at all?

A lot of these refs needs a vision and IQ test.
      Player and coach reaction has been huge, I would expect the Players Union to be sending a serious message to Goodell this week.

21. 09-25-2012 12:54 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by FlashRedGLS1.8T View Post
      Defensive fan is defensive.
      Neither a hawks nor a Packers fan, but to be fair, Seattle has been very good to in three games so far. Before the season had started, I expected nothing from them, especially with a rookie QB. Three games in, Seattle has shown me they have an excellent defense team that can go up against any team in the league; and while offense understandably still needs some polishing to move to the next level, Wilson has been very poised and shows very little signs of being a rookie QB.

22. 09-25-2012 12:57 PM #47
      Hmmm. On some of the other videos it's clearer that the defender had first total
      contact, and then the offensive player went for control. So, now I see the point.
      I guess if I were Green Bay (and I have family in Wisconsin and Wisconsin blood
      in my veins) I'd be wondering: why do we suck so much this season and why
      aren't we up over the damned Seahawks by 30 points at the end of the game????

What I don't get is that the Refs REFUSE to bargain a key point: they're PART TIME
      employees. The NFL wants to treat them as part-time, but apparently the refs want
      to be considered full-time.

And this then is all the fault of the NFL?

Yeah, there's been a lot of bad calls. So, where are all the calls for the refs to
      stop being butt-heads and give up that particular bargaining point? Pressure
      should be applied to BOTH parties, not just one.

Update: more fuel for the fire: NFL backs up decision not to overturn call....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...awks-touchdown
      Last edited by adoniram7; 09-25-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 01:12 PM #48

I agree with you, but when the game comes down to a horrendous call on the very last play of the game, that is what is going to stick out to people.

The officiating has sucked across the board for entire games without doubt. These guys are a complete joke. Totally unprepared to deal with the pace of the NFL.

Vehicles
      '10 Prius & '05 4Runner
      09-25-2012 01:13 PM #49
      http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...312_story.html

There are two main points separating the owners and the refs. Each needs to give in on one point, and get this over with.

Pension: NFL refs enjoy princely benefits for working just 16 game days a year. The league owners want to roll this back, shifting the current guaranteed pension plan to the same market-vulnerable 401(k) contributions that most employees have. The refs are screaming this would reduce the owners’ funding obligation by 60 percent. Well, yeah. On the other side of the argument is Andrew Brandt, a former NFL general manager and now analyst for ESPN, who questions “why anyone working a once-a-week job for less than half the year gets a pension at all.”

Is there a compromise? Yes. Green, the head of the NFL refs association, says that veteran refs have made long-term retirement decisions based on the current plan. That’s understandable. They want their pension plan to be grandfathered for current officials. Give it to them — and let the league hire new ones under the proposed 401(k).

Operations: The NFL says it wants to shift from a system of “entitlement” to one of “accountability” and be able to relieve an official who is performing badly with a quality replacement. It proposes hiring more refs, employing some of them full-time, and developing a “bench” so the quality of officiating improves. Incredibly, the refs are resisting this. Why? Because it’s in their best interests to remain a small organization, with the league totally reliant on each and every one of them. That way, they work more, and earn more.

But it’s not in the best interest of the game, the players or the spectators. We’ve all seen officials who seem to blow calls repeatedly, or whose bellies grow until they labor to keep up with the play. One of the amnesiac fallacies growing out of the current hapless officiating by third-tier college replacements is that the regular NFL crews don’t screw up so badly. We’ve forgotten just how awful they can be. Their work is not great, and the league is right to try to restructure operations.

One way the refs are digging in against this is by fighting over compensation. According to various analysts, the average official already makes $149,000, and the league claims to be offering pay increases of 5 to 11 percent. Now, that’s for moonlighting. Ninety percent of NFL officials have other full-time jobs. Let’s take an example. Say, Scott Green. He is a veteran official who started in 1991 and is regarded as a top back judge. He has appeared in three Super Bowls, also has been involved in some extremely poor and controversial calls.

Want to know his real job? He has his own Washington D.C. lobbying firm.

Know what he lobbies for? Safety issues.

The refs need to give in. Take your grandfathered pension, a moderate pay raise, and accept the sensible changes in operations the league wants to make.

The issue here is not whether the use of grossly under-qualified substitute officials makes the game slow, or unsightly, which it does, or whether there have been any competitive miscarriages, which there have.

The main issue is the chorus from players and coaches that poor officiating has created an uncontrolled environment that’s going to get someone badly injured. The owners need to make a concession, and the refs do too. So the guys who do the real work can do it without the equivalent of falling rock and loose soil causing unnecessary harm.

25. 09-25-2012 02:46 PM #50
      Thanks. That helps to counterbalance the usual Peter King suck-up article, and
      similar pieces from other networks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast