Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Problem with 09A Tiptronic tranny

1. 09-25-2012 07:27 PM #1
      My 03 Jetta will not go in to any gear in the mornings I have change the fluid but still have the same troubles .Anyone run into this problem after the the car warms up it shift and goes into gear with no problem.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2003/VW/1.8T Jetta 5sp Automatic
      09-26-2012 11:11 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by modman72 View Post
      My 03 Jetta will not go in to any gear in the mornings I have change the fluid but still have the same troubles .Anyone run into this problem after the the car warms up it shift and goes into gear with no problem.
      Did you scan the TCM?

It sounds like sticking solenoids but you should first scan the TCM to see what you find.

Search this forum, there are several threads regarding sticking solenoids.

Vehicles
      85 Jetta TD sold 2001 Jetta Tdi, 2000 Jetta Tdi
      09-26-2012 12:50 PM #3
      What does "go in to gear" mean?

Are you saying it wont move till it warms up? Or are you saying it "wont shift into next gear" as you drive it, till it warms up.
      Auto trans fluid change or flush will not make a trans fail. Stop spreading the wives tale/urban myth.
      ASE Master Certified Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Rating Recently passed ASE certification for Light Diesel repair.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com

Vehicles
      85 Jetta TD sold 2001 Jetta Tdi, 2000 Jetta Tdi
      09-26-2012 12:51 PM #4
      Or maybe you mean "wont go into reverse" till it warms up. If thats the case I would agree with carfreak that it probably needs solenoids.

usually with the "wont go into reverse till it warms up" problem it WILL go into forward.
      Auto trans fluid change or flush will not make a trans fail. Stop spreading the wives tale/urban myth.
      ASE Master Certified Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Rating Recently passed ASE certification for Light Diesel repair.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com