Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: My Cat Won't Stop Whizzing in my Basement

Vehicles
      Worship the volcano or else!
      09-25-2012 08:33 PM #1
      I have two cats and one of them is whizzing in the basement. He started by whizzing on my personal belongings during a winter cold snap when I wouldn't let him outside. He even left a man-sized turd in my bathtub and sat and watched my wife and I discover it, which was fairly disturbing (I had been home all night and couldn't figure out how somebody could have broken into the house). I chased him around the house and yelled at him and he stopped for awhile.

Then he did it again when we came home from a long vacation. Whizzed all over the house and basement. I didn't yell at him that time, just gave him affection, and he stopped.

We had a baby last winter and he seemed fine, then we went on vacation for a week in the summer and he whizzed all over the basement. I took him to the vet, they gave me antibiotics and said his bladder was infected but didn't have crystals. I gave him antibiotics for awhile, he stopped, and now he started doing it again. I am putting him back on antibiotics again but I feel like he is doing it for attention or to get back at me.

He already goes outside a lot and is very affectionate. He is also neutered.
      Any ideas for how I can get him to stop?
      "You see, I am for the great loves and the great hates."
      -Enzo Ferrari

09-25-2012 08:58 PM #2
      There a litter box in the basement? I would try sticking one down there and introducing the two to one another.

Vehicles
      '05 Saabaru 9-2x Aero, '03 Triumph Speed 4, '82 pair of tired feet
      09-25-2012 09:38 PM #3
      My girlfriends cat was like this. He did have crystals in his urinary tract, and what worked best with him was Royal Canin SO formula (unfortunately, not a cheap option). He will still sometimes act like he is going to pee when he thinks he hasn't been fed at an appropriate time, but a quick little scritch when he is waggling his butt will usually get him to stop (he didn't usually do it without us around; little bastard got me in the leg twice).
      "You're out of you're mind"
      "That's between me and my mind..."

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 10:09 PM #4
      There are actually two litter boxes, one for each cat.
      -Enzo Ferrari

Vehicles
      09-25-2012 10:10 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by delta v View Post
      My girlfriends cat was like this. He did have crystals in his urinary tract, and what worked best with him was Royal Canin SO formula (unfortunately, not a cheap option). He will still sometimes act like he is going to pee when he thinks he hasn't been fed at an appropriate time, but a quick little scritch when he is waggling his butt will usually get him to stop (he didn't usually do it without us around; little bastard got me in the leg twice).
      That's what gets me the most - it all seems so calculated.
      -Enzo Ferrari

Vehicles
      '05 Saabaru 9-2x Aero, '03 Triumph Speed 4, '82 pair of tired feet
      09-27-2012 06:12 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by alleghenyman View Post
      That's what gets me the most - it all seems so calculated.
      Oh, I think he knows now that the little act gets him attention. This is also not your normal ignore you cat...he will get your attention come hell or high water, no matter what is going on.
      "You're out of you're mind"
      "That's between me and my mind..."