Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Euro vs. American Auto Companies

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta won.atetea
      09-26-2012 07:57 AM #1
      The last two days in a row I have been in discussions with co-workers regarding which is better, and reasons of opinion. It has been awful. I am basically the only person in this place that feels VW, Audi, Porsche, BMW is far superior to Chevrolet, and Ford. (These are the only two companies everyone is arguing on the American side). Mainly mustang, camaro, and corvette (skoooowee). I have tried every point imaginable to argue. Just can't win. So basically I just want a breathe of fresh air! I'm sure that most everyone on here enjoys German engineering as much as I do. All I'm looking for is some facts to argue against American made cars / comments of people that actually agree with me. Thanks for reading.
      GTI FRONT END, AND RANDOM VW PARTS, AND ELECTRONICS FOR SALE!! CHECK IT OUT! http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post75656269

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta won.atetea
      09-26-2012 08:29 AM #2
      I mean honestly, if I buy an American sports car, I don't want my dashboard to be the same dash board out of a Chevy lumina...
      GTI FRONT END, AND RANDOM VW PARTS, AND ELECTRONICS FOR SALE!! CHECK IT OUT! http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post75656269

Vehicles
      '03 BMP 20th GTI, '84 TD Jetta
      09-26-2012 09:40 AM #3
      Who cares what other people think? Everyone is going to have a different opinion, so let them. Enjoy your car. Worry less, drive more!

Also, I will say, I love VWs but I know that VW isn't perfect. I am more than willing to acknowledge their shortfalls. But I also will say, I test drove a Focus last year before I bought my GTI. And it was awful. Cheap, slow, and just...awful. It was the only non-vw I test drove and I tried to be open minded. I wasn't a fan. But there are some nice cars out there from American companies.
      Last edited by Rockerchick; 09-26-2012 at 09:42 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      VW-making mechanics out of owners since 1957.
      The project - '84 Jetta 1.6TD, 186k+, fully rebuilt, Giles IP and injectors, 2.5" custom exhaust, 51mpg
      Hers - '03 BMP 20thAE GTI, 130k, 3" 42DD turbo back, Unitronic Stage 2
      His - '01 Jetta TDI, 135k. Now has 3 pedals, as it should!

Vehicles
      2001 Baltic Jetta, 2013 R-Line Beetle
      09-26-2012 09:40 AM #4
      Every month TCL has a thread dedicated to sales #'s, so read up. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...t=August+sales
      I know VW/Audi has broken record after record every month, and Sept is looking great for us as well.
      VOTE HERE to add a seller feedback section to the classifieds

Meet Crayola | IG: @mindy13vw | 8v Society #1
      Previous cars: 2012 TR GTI, 2013 TBM Jetta TDI, 2012 CW Beetle 2.0T, 2012 CW Jetta SE, 1989 Cabriolet

Vehicles
      1985 Volkswagen Scirocco, 1997 Jetta glx(R.I.P.) 2000 Jetta
      09-26-2012 08:54 PM #5
      i like all cars. i prefer to drive Volkswagens, but that is because my dad is a 40 year tech and if i have a question i can just call describe problem and with in like 5 min i have an answer. Ford, Chevy, and Chrysler have all made some great awesome cars. there are many American cars i would give up my first born for.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2013 Mk6 GLI
      09-30-2012 01:12 PM #6
      I completely agree. Generally speaking, I think German made cars are superior to American made cars. Of course there are exceptions, but most American cars I have driven seem to be made with cheaper materials.
      Automotive student
      2013 DSG MK6 GLI
      AWE k04/ Unitronic Stage 2+/ ATP downpipe/ Boostmaster intercooler/ Stage 1 Carbonio intake/ DG lowering springs/ APR rear sway bar/ Hankook Ventus V12 Evos k110/ Forge spacer/ GP Thunder 7500k Fog lights