Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    The Car Lounge

    View Poll Results: Whats your favorite GTI

    Voters
    662. You may not vote on this poll
    • mk1

      141 21.30%
    • mk2

      202 30.51%
    • mk3

      64 9.67%
    • mk4

      72 10.88%
    • mk5

      89 13.44%
    • mk6

      72 10.88%
    • mk7

      22 3.32%
    Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Results 76 to 100 of 469

    Thread: Whats your fav generation GTI and, why?

    1. Member VadGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2000
      Location
      Hollywooooooood, CA
      Posts
      17,857
      Vehicles
      2013 GTI/S60R/E30 M3 (imported from Nigeria)/Saab 9-5 Aero (imported from Washington)
      09-26-2012 09:53 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by ZACHER3tuning View Post
      just look at those fine MK3's, and tell me its not the best gti, or golf gen EVER...........................
      *Looks at Mk3s pictured*


      It's not the best GTI or Golf gen EVER.



























      ALSO, a hint: Mk3, not MK3.

      It stands for Mark.
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony
      #FREEPATRIKMAN
      Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

    2. Member shepherdgti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 5th, 2011
      Location
      SEPA
      Posts
      2,151
      Vehicles
      TT | Excursion | Touareg
      09-26-2012 09:54 PM #77
      Emkay three for me

    3. 09-26-2012 09:54 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by Rugrat Anklebiter View Post
      Pretty neat to see two real harlequins side by side. I went over them with a fine tooth comb looking for a fake pattern but they are legit.
      IIRC, there were four legit harlequins in a row at the debut of Euro Hangar this year. Pretty cool to see.

    4. Member worth_fixing's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Montreal, Qc
      Posts
      4,028
      Vehicles
      2014 Mazda3 Sport GS
      09-26-2012 09:54 PM #79
      I own a mk5 and, frankly it's the only GTI I've driven. In terms of looks, it's pretty tight between mk2, mk5 and mk6.

      mk5 for me.
      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric/286588.png
      The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." -Benjamin Franklin
      Kind regards,
      James

    5. Member MKVmyfast's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2008
      Location
      Danbury, CT
      Posts
      3,450
      Vehicles
      06 VW GTI 2.0T FSi BMP 06 Subaru Impreza 1998 VW Jetta VR6 Artic White 1998 Ginster GTI
      09-26-2012 09:56 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      *Looks at Mk3s pictured*


      It's not the best GTI or Golf gen EVER.
      It's not the best. It's just an opinion and sadly I love the mk3. So many cool options. I don't think any other vw came with so many cool interior options, or different tail lights to choose from. There's a mk3 seats thread and I think there's over 30 different sets of seats that were available for the mk3 wish newer cars were like this thus being the reason I love the mk3 the most.

      Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

    6. Member MKVmyfast's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 15th, 2008
      Location
      Danbury, CT
      Posts
      3,450
      Vehicles
      06 VW GTI 2.0T FSi BMP 06 Subaru Impreza 1998 VW Jetta VR6 Artic White 1998 Ginster GTI
      09-26-2012 09:57 PM #81
      Of course I do appriciate any good looking VW don't think I'm mk3 loyal bye any means.

      Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

    7. Member Vettes, Volvos and VWs's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 5th, 2006
      Location
      Sudbury, ON
      Posts
      3,954
      Vehicles
      01 Passat Wagon 4motion, 02 Jetta 1.8T, 10 CC 3.6 4motion
      09-26-2012 10:00 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by euromaxituning View Post
      1992 GTI 16V & 2003-up 1.8T (180hp)
      This exactly!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baconator14 View Post
      vettes, volvos, and vws for president
      Quote Originally Posted by UAlvarez View Post
      you're a boss. your sig is appropriate
      My Weak Shiz l Milk █Bg█ Mafia GLI Aluminum trim for Sale Click here and PM me for Speed-Tech Hood Extensions!

    8. 09-26-2012 10:01 PM #83
      Mark 2 all the way. 16V. Best mix of character, decent power, and lightweight.
      Quote Originally Posted by Aseras View Post
      I got the (RX8) engine replaced at 112K miles not because it failed but because I hit a pig on the interstate.

    9. Member gtr3nos1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2008
      Location
      Danbury CT
      Posts
      1,861
      Vehicles
      97 Golf VR6 (Show Car) 99.5 A4 1.8T (Daily) 95 Jetta City 97 Golf (Sold) 00 Gti VR6 (Sold)
      09-26-2012 10:07 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by MKVmyfast View Post
      Of course I do appriciate any good looking VW don't think I'm mk3 loyal bye any means.

      Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
      Agreed although I do have a soft spot for mk3s
      Instagram --> @Filipe__Silva__

    10. Member SpeedyD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 1999
      Location
      Lexington, KY
      Posts
      4,730
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport
      09-26-2012 10:15 PM #85
      MK2 16V.



      /endthread
      Sent from my basement using two tin cans and a string.

    11. Member Sonic303's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 13th, 2009
      Location
      5280 ft above you
      Posts
      1,896
      Vehicles
      Jetta, M3, S4
      09-26-2012 10:21 PM #86
      Mk2 with rallye front, black Mk3 2.8 or Mk6 can look nice if kept original
      Quote Originally Posted by LG6R View Post
      Got any Viagra so you can go **** yourself?
      Bluewater Performance
      European Performance Products.

    12. Member DerSpiegel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 20th, 2008
      Posts
      2,224
      Vehicles
      2014 VW Jetta TDI 6MT
      09-26-2012 10:26 PM #87
      Favorite - MkI. It was just such a landmark car when it came out, I drove them new, they were truly special.

    13. Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Bellevue Hospital Center
      Posts
      8,728
      09-26-2012 10:31 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by ZACHER3tuning View Post
      Sexiest body
      To be honest, the shape of the bodies of the MkIII and MkIV are pretty much the same.

      , best sounding motor,
      I love when dubbers use this argument but then turn around and bash Hondas for being nothing but noisy. GTIs aren't all that fast, either, and they do make a lot of noise. Sorry to burst your bubble.

      colors,
      Harlequin is not a color, nor was it the best. In fact, it was probably one of the dumbest things any automaker has done as a color option.

      options available at the time,
      Base, 1.8T, GTI, and what else? VR6? Interior options? LOLWUT.

      It's not a Scion, you can't "option it out" to your hearts content.

      STYLE...MK3 has it for me.
      VWs don't have style, sorry.

    14. Member ZACHER3tuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 12th, 2008
      Location
      The High Desert...
      Posts
      8,176
      Vehicles
      3 MK3 GTI VR6'''s...
      09-26-2012 10:44 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      To be honest, the shape of the bodies of the MkIII and MkIV are pretty much the same.



      I love when dubbers use this argument but then turn around and bash Hondas for being nothing but noisy. GTIs aren't all that fast, either, and they do make a lot of noise. Sorry to burst your bubble.



      Harlequin is not a color, nor was it the best. In fact, it was probably one of the dumbest things any automaker has done as a color option.



      Base, 1.8T, GTI, and what else? VR6? Interior options? LOLWUT.

      It's not a Scion, you can't "option it out" to your hearts content.



      VWs don't have style, sorry.
      mk3's have a lot of style.In terms of also being well equipped, look at a fully loaded 1997 gti vr6, vs say a honda prelude, and tell me again that they didnt come well equipped.Colors were also far better, and more choices than hond'as offerings, so i dont want to turn this into a pissing match between honda and vw, just saying.
      Geld und Macht bringt korruption!!!
      Von allen je gebauten volkswagens,steht man Kopf über den rest,den mk3 golf VR6

      "stop telling lies about me, and ill stop telling the truth about you"...MD.
      WWW.1stVWparts.com

    15. Member bustedbucket's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 22nd, 2010
      Location
      Dat two one fifth
      Posts
      833
      Vehicles
      Jaggernaut & egg of robin
      09-26-2012 10:48 PM #90
      Your opinion aint fact, silly. I doubt you bursted any bubbles c4 a6.

      My opinion- Small bumper A2(as long as it's not too low and doesn't have ugly single rounds or wheels which are too big).
      '86 Jaguar xj-s 5.3HE coupe, cobalt blue metallic/blue
      '08 Hyundai Accent SE hatch, ice blue/gray
      Bisixually disposed, lucas charged and coventry clothed

    16. 09-26-2012 10:52 PM #91
      Mk3 hands down...

      Wouldn't trade mine for any generation available.

    17. Member Mike!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2002
      Location
      Ontario & Ohio
      Posts
      14,588
      Vehicles
      2010 Mazda6 GT-I4
      09-26-2012 10:52 PM #92
      I first came to Vortex at age 16 when I really liked the MkIV 1.8t GTI. There are some aspects for which the MkIV still does it for me, but the VI is ultimately good looking, faster, better handling, and overall a much better car. VI got my vote.

    18. Member ZACHER3tuning's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 12th, 2008
      Location
      The High Desert...
      Posts
      8,176
      Vehicles
      3 MK3 GTI VR6'''s...
      09-26-2012 10:56 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by 98'GTI View Post
      Mk3 hands down...

      Wouldn't trade mine for any generation available.
      Geld und Macht bringt korruption!!!
      Von allen je gebauten volkswagens,steht man Kopf über den rest,den mk3 golf VR6

      "stop telling lies about me, and ill stop telling the truth about you"...MD.
      WWW.1stVWparts.com

    19. 09-26-2012 11:09 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by C4 A6 View Post
      To be honest, the shape of the bodies of the MkIII and MkIV are pretty much the same.

      every civic, and integra generation are easily recognizable as well. Your point?

      I love when dubbers use this argument but then turn around and bash Hondas for being nothing but noisy. GTIs aren't all that fast, either, and they do make a lot of noise. Sorry to burst your bubble.
      yet with a $300 computer remap; a base 1.8t will embarress your type r


      Harlequin is not a color, nor was it the best. In fact, it was probably one of the dumbest things any automaker has done as a color option.
      Harlequin was NEVER a "color option", but rather a limited run of attention grabbing cars built for use by Olympic athletes. After the games the used cars were resold at dealerss


      Base, 1.8T, GTI, and what else? VR6? Interior options? LOLWUT.
      are you high
      It's not a Scion, you can't "option it out" to your hearts content.
      you can't option a Honda/Acura anymore than a comparable VW. Id argue less


      VWs don't have style, sorry.a whole hell of a lot more style than any Honda/Acura
      Get off your high horse bozo. Your Honda's / Acura's exude less style, class, and refinement than ANYTHING comparable, of the same generation offered by VW in the last 35 yrs; model for model.

      Heck; your car is most coveted by an inner city demographic that is less than desirable to say the least.

      Last edited by Rod Ratio; 09-26-2012 at 11:13 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

    20. Member tjeff89's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 13th, 2011
      Location
      Brooklyn NY
      Posts
      692
      Vehicles
      90 Calypso Green VW Jetta Gli 16v(Vr6) Retired: 97 VW GTI VR6
      09-26-2012 11:13 PM #95
      Ill say the mk3 1000 times. I like the mk1,2,6 But i just think the mk3 is the greatest. Theres just soo many options for this car. And everything just looks right. one of greatest cars when done right. A potential classic. The mk4 just looks over weight and bulky. Slow and heavy. Cheaply made compared to the mk3. Car just has no looks. Its a niice car just not for me. The mk3 got me out the honda game and im planning on staying cuz of it. And then the mk5 just cuz the 6 looks soo much better. And its looks like a little kids play toy.
      Low and Fast!!!

    21. Member 2.0T_Convert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 23rd, 2009
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      14,122
      09-26-2012 11:14 PM #96
      MK6 because I own one.
      Sent from my tablet while sipping weak drinks over fancy brunch with a view

    22. Member Broduski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2008
      Location
      Central NC
      Posts
      5,002
      Vehicles
      American, Japanese, and European junk
      09-26-2012 11:16 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by ZACHER3tuning View Post
      some people are in denial.Mk3
      This is why nobody likes you.

      Piss off.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      People always like to throw around words like "no" and "title" or "illegal" or "feds", but at the end of the day, they're just words.

    23. Member punisher89's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2002
      Location
      NoLau
      Posts
      6,951
      Vehicles
      I hate my car
      09-26-2012 11:20 PM #98
      I spent 8 years with my mk3 2.0 and I couldn't see that happening with any other generation before or since. Simple, effective, cheap, reliable, fun and it was before VW got all uppity.

      However, I think this wouldn't even be an argument if VWoA imported the 16 valve mk3 GTI. To me, that would have been perfection.
      Your friendly neighborhood used car salesman.

    24. Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2011
      Location
      Bellevue Hospital Center
      Posts
      8,728
      09-26-2012 11:30 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by MKVmyfast View Post


      ^^^ not a gti but come on, doesnt get any cooler than a Harli IMO
      I just asked my roommate (who has no interest in cars, so a perfect blind candidate) what he thought of the Harlequin, and he said it looked dumb.

    25. Member 4motionvr6dub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 3rd, 2010
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      1,224
      Vehicles
      2004 Golf R32, 2002 Jetta TDI, 2000 Jetta GLX
      09-26-2012 11:32 PM #100
      MkV was the first GTI to have IRS and that really made it an agile fun to drive hot-hatch, and the best looking IMO. The MkVI is not much different from the MkV performance-wise.

    Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •