Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Jobs?

1. 09-27-2012 12:42 PM #1
      Hello,

I was wondering if any of you know what companies are hiring right now. I'm currently looking for a job. I was able to get one, sort of, but it would involve delivering parts with my own car. Not sure if I want to do that just yet :/. If any of you know someome or someplace please let me know. I am in the San Jose area as well as Monterey County.

Thank you
      Jose

Vehicles
      01 GTI 1.8
      09-27-2012 05:34 PM #2
      Well you definitely aren't the only one looking for a job right now. And I don't think the vortex is the place that is going to find you one. You should take what you can get. In your case, accept that delivery job and continue looking until you find a new one. You're much more desirable to employers if you currently have a job as opposed to being unemployed. Being unemployed, you know how hard the job market is. Do you really want to give a job? Who knows when you're going to find another one.

Vehicles
      1985 Audi Ur-quattro coupe
      09-28-2012 10:57 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by GTomI View Post
      Well you definitely aren't the only one looking for a job right now. And I don't think the vortex is the place that is going to find you one. You should take what you can get. In your case, accept that delivery job and continue looking until you find a new one. You're much more desirable to employers if you currently have a job as opposed to being unemployed. Being unemployed, you know how hard the job market is. Do you really want to give a job? Who knows when you're going to find another one.
      THIS!

im assuming you check craigslist already (and daily)

also, its a good idea to list your skills if your asking for help finding a job. GTomI is right though.

Vehicles
      '92 Jetta | '69 T3 Squareback
      09-29-2012 12:57 AM #4
      SolarCity. All kinda' jobs. Hella chicks too!