Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Hamilton to Merc...Perez to McLaren

1. 09-28-2012 09:23 AM #1
      I am pretty happy with this move. And since this is huge news I thought it needed it's own thread. The only question I have is where will Michael drive next year?

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/...year-Merc-deal

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/...-replace-Lewis

I think with Button and Perez the team will have much less drama.

2. 09-28-2012 10:20 AM #2
      MS can go home now. lol. I think it's hilarious that Mclaren nabbed Ferrari's future star thanks for getting him ready for Mclaren! Perez for WDC 2013

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      09-28-2012 10:53 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsix View Post
      MS can go home now. lol. I think it's hilarious that Mclaren nabbed Ferrari's future star thanks for getting him ready for Mclaren! Perez for WDC 2013
      I'm sure Luca D.M is actually smiling thinking that Perez will pilfer McLaren info back to home base. Plus McLaren can further develop Perez for Ferrari for a few more yrs until Alonso retires...you know that's exactly what they are thinking.

And yes, Schumi can go home now. Who thinks he'll try to take over for Brawn now?

4. 09-28-2012 11:20 AM #4
      If Perez does good Mclaren will lock him down long term or replace him with Lewis when the time comes.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      09-28-2012 01:19 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by The Ninja View Post
      ... since this is huge news I thought it needed it's own thread..
      Apparently you don't visit this forum much! http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...on-to-Mercedes
      Form is temporary; Class is permanent

6. 09-28-2012 01:44 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
      Apparently you don't visit this forum much! http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...on-to-Mercedes

Listen here man I have been around for just a little while, see join date. I thought we could condense the discussion about all the moves in to one thread. Sorry to offend you, feel free to go back to humping your Alonso life size plush.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      09-28-2012 02:01 PM #7
      Listen here man I have been around for just a little while, see join date. I thought we could condense the discussion about all the moves in to one thread. Sorry to offend you
      Yeah, and you used to grace us with starting threads for us as a moderator a few season's ago. What happened there?
      I'm not offended, yet a little annoyed when someone just walks into the middle of a conversation and takes over. You know what i mean.

feel free to go back to humping your Alonso life size plush
      That hurt!

8. 09-28-2012 05:26 PM #8
      Gut feel is Schumi to Sauber, maybe as a driver/owner. Peter Sauber said he would love to have Schumi, Schumi delayed in signing with Mercedes, and Schumi has more than enough money to buy a chunk of Sauber. He drives for another year or two (to take Rubens' record of most GP starts and then some), and then transitions to ownership/mentor role. Seems highly plausible...
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      09-29-2012 02:15 AM #9
      Listen here man I have been around for just a little while, see join date. I thought we could condense the discussion about all the moves in to one thread. Sorry to offend you, feel free to go back to humping your Alonso life size plush.

There was already a 3-page thread, that was over 3 weeks old, that was talking about Hamilton going to Merc. Naturally, he's going to leave a vacant seat at McLaren when he goes. And that also means Schu gets the boot from Merc. Not sure why all of the initial discussion around those 3 moves wouldn't have been in that thread. So don't get your panties in a bunch when someone calls you on that.

Vehicles
      '13 Passat TDI - SOLD; Daily Driver '89 Cabriolet until ordered '15 GTI PP arrives!
      09-29-2012 08:39 AM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      There was already a 3-page thread, that was over 3 weeks old, that was talking about Hamilton going to Merc. Naturally, he's going to leave a vacant seat at McLaren when he goes. And that also means Schu gets the boot from Merc. Not sure why all of the initial discussion around those 3 moves wouldn't have been in that thread. So don't get your panties in a bunch when someone calls you out of the closet on that.

Vehicles
      12 Golf TDI, 00 GTI, 00 NB, 84 Scirocco, 80 Dasher
      09-29-2012 09:11 AM #11
      That hurt!
      Humping your life size plush of Alonso or your feelings for Nando?

12. Member
      Vehicles
      09-29-2012 10:12 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by atoson View Post
      Humping your life size plush of Alonso or your feelings for Nando?
      Think about me when Alonso comes around for the final lap at turn15 in Austin to take the GP!

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 07:36 PM #13
      Think about me when Alonso comes around for the final lap at turn15 in Austin to take the GP!
      To be honest, I want one too!!! To hump it in a manly Alonso way The best part would be the Austin race deciding his 3rd WDC and we get to see it happen.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      09-29-2012 08:42 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by atoson View Post
      To be honest, I want one too!!! To hump it in a manly Alonso way The best part would be the Austin race deciding his 3rd WDC and we get to see it happen.
      ...and then storm the track with everyone to get to see the podium celebration. That would be a great day!

15. 10-02-2012 04:30 PM #15
      So with Sergio Perez confirmed @ Mclaren, who is going to take Massa's seat at Ferrari? Does anyone think he'll have his seat for another season?

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      10-03-2012 11:08 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by gizmopop View Post
      So with Sergio Perez confirmed @ Mclaren, who is going to take Massa's seat at Ferrari? Does anyone think he'll have his seat for another season?
      I do. There is no one out there (excluding Alonso of course) that has a better shot at scoring more points than Massa in a Ferrari right now. Perhaps Kimi, but that's it of available drivers. Is Di Resta or The Hulk any better? Perhaps after a season they would be... Not many other options out there for next season.

17. 10-03-2012 11:42 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by wiredvw View Post
      I do. There is no one out there (excluding Alonso of course) that has a better shot at scoring more points than Massa in a Ferrari right now. Perhaps Kimi, but that's it of available drivers. Is Di Resta or The Hulk any better? Perhaps after a season they would be... Not many other options out there for next season.
      I would pick DiResta before Hulkenberg.

Vehicles
      10-03-2012 01:23 PM #18
      Same here

19. Member
      Vehicles
      10-03-2012 05:33 PM #19
      Whitmarsh says that Perez can win Australian GP in 2013. WTF is Martin smoking??

20. 10-03-2012 06:11 PM #20
      can vs will but even I think Perez has the skills to do it... hell he even almost won in a Sauber.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      10-03-2012 06:56 PM #21
      can vs will but even I think Perez has the skills to do it... hell he even almost won in a Sauber.
      What's interesting to me is that Perez has never sat in a car in the front at every race. Dicing it up with the likes of Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel is a little different than having nothing to loose and trying a reverse strategy with tires cause your car happens to be gentle on 'em. I mean let's ask him how his chest was pounding when he realized that all he had to do was pass Alonso for the win in Sepang and instead made a major mistake and slid off the track!
      It will be a whole 'nother ballgame for him, no doubt. But to suggest that he could win in Australia is somewhat delusional, no?

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      10-04-2012 10:24 AM #22
      What's interesting to me is that Perez has never sat in a car in the front at every race. Dicing it up with the likes of Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel is a little different than having nothing to loose and trying a reverse strategy with tires cause your car happens to be gentle on 'em. I mean let's ask him how his chest was pounding when he realized that all he had to do was pass Alonso for the win in Sepang and instead made a major mistake and slid off the track!
      It will be a whole 'nother ballgame for him, no doubt. But to suggest that he could win in Australia is somewhat delusional, no?
      The only reason he failed to win at Sepang is because Alonso was the other driver and NO ONE passes Alonso...amiright? He has that feeling out of his system now fighting for an F1 win and probably won't be as nervous next time. Winning with McLaren would not be as stressful as it would be at Sauber. McLaren won't freak out the way Sauber may since they haven't won much.

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      10-04-2012 10:25 AM #23
      Me too, but would he be better than Massa in a Ferrari...that is doubtful. Perhaps after a full season...

24. 10-04-2012 10:46 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by wiredvw View Post
      The only reason he failed to win at Sepang is because Alonso was the other driver and NO ONE passes Alonso...amiright?
      In Sepang he was hoping for Ferrari driver, in Monza he knew it wasn't a possibility anymore so he passed the whole Ferrari team